• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

You’re the coach/GM

What the hell are Art and Tomlin doing here?
Going through the motions. Emoting clichés. What has been evident for more than a decade becomes more evident with each passing game (no pun). Neither knows the game. And worse, they don't care enough to learn it. HCMT lacks the aptitude. Who knows what lies behind Artie's vacuous façade.

When someone buys the Panthers for $6B, your franchise that wallows in more than a decade of mediocrity becomes worth $5B. At 30%, the Rooneys sit on $1.5B - not a bad return on, what, $2,500. A real pile of dough for Pittsburgh. Dough. Serious dough. Here's to another 'non-losing season' for the stellar steward of the franchise and his band of equally disinterested stupids.

What really frosts me is that some people see this poser as a HoFer. But that is consistent with the direction this society is headed in.

Speaking of posers, have you seen HCMT's son? Make him the OC. He has the requisite résumé for this clown car.

He should of kept Flores, when the browns were getting those chunk yards it sickened me that we were in 2 dl sets, later at times we had some 3 dl, where Adams just exploded, not satisfied with the run d from the MLB, some of those whiffs. Maybe we can poach Patullo, if not go after Byron.
Tomlin does not want high iq capable leaders. His staff compose of a bunch of yes men

Tomlin does not want high iq capable leaders. His staff compose of a bunch of yes men

I would really hope that's not true. I would always try to surround myself with people smarter than me. It is after all a team effort. The objective is to win championships.

The Head Coach will always get the most credit no matter what.

He would not be fired in season even though I've seen teams rescue the season that way. Lefty or someone should have been hired last offseason. Since that did not happen whoever kept Canada owns it.
And if it’s up to Shades I say 110% Canaduh will be back next year. His ego is so yuge that he never admits a mistake and only hires people he knows and obviously he doesn’t like new people. The louder the calls are to get rid of Canaduh, the more resolved Shades will be to keep him. Trust me on this. I’m confident that Deuce and Omar will overrule him though.

It’s the end of the season and you’ve fired Matt Canada or you elected to not renew his contract either way you need to have a list of guys that would potentially replace him-who is on your list and why?
Here’s mine

1. Byron Leftwich- should be at the top of the list-away from Tom Brady, look at his production with Jamies Winston. Yes, he threw a bunch of picks, but he put up a shitload of touchdowns
2. Antwaan Randle El- he has been with the Lions for the past couple of years working on his coaching chops, his receivers are producing. He could be a very creative coordinator
3. Kevin Patullo-a steal from the Eagles, would understand what Khan/Weidel are building
4. Todd Haley-can have Pickett or Trubisky successful
5. Brian Griese- is a pretty good offensive mind and would be a quarterback friendly coordinator
6. Mark Whipple- could he reproduce the magic he made with Pickett at Pitt
If it were me...

If already have a one way ticket waiting at the nearest airport for Mr. Byron Leftwich to Las Vegas, NV.

Barring a win, he'd be flying back to a new job on Sunday night. And, even if we win, he'd be on as an offensive consultant.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Seriously, if this offense struggles the next two weeks against two inferior opponents and defenses then you have to fire Canada.
Now, with that being said, you do not promote Sullivan from QB Coach to OC. That’s just moving the problem to another weak OC.
No, I’m on the phone with Todd Haley who I think can come in here and fix this mess and get us using an actual NFL offense. Kenny is capable of adjusting and ready to take another step but it’s not happening under Canada.

Honestly this teams offensive line might be worse this year than it was last year and I for one thought it would be better. However maybe it because Canada's offense has TELLS and I think it probably does. Don't know how he survived last year in spite of the improvement but he is a liability that doesn't know how to design a gameplan and put players in situations to succeed. Having said that, Tomlin has to be replaced along with Canada. He is average at best and in spite of his winning record here I would bet that is wouldn't be the same with another organization. We shall see how the season plays out but hopefully Canada is replaced before it ever ends and doesn't get a chance to redeem himself because he flat out SUCKS!

I would be happy with Lefty as well as Patullo. Honestly anybody is an upgrade!

Honestly this teams offensive line might be worse this year than it was last year and I for one thought it would be better. However maybe it because Canada's offense has TELLS and I think it probably does. Don't know how he survived last year in spite of the improvement but he is a liability that doesn't know how to design a gameplan and put players in situations to succeed. Having said that, Tomlin has to be replaced along with Canada. He is average at best and in spite of his winning record here I would bet that is wouldn't be the same with another organization. We shall see how the season plays out but hopefully Canada is replaced before it ever ends and doesn't get a chance to redeem himself because he flat out SUCKS!

I would be happy with Lefty as well as Patullo. Honestly anybody is an upgrade!

Prior to last night’s game, O’Canada had 90+% pass play when lined up in shotgun formation. Also he had over 80% run when KP* was under center.

Taking that play calling train and hellA yes he has “TELLS” as to play called.

Last night he went against the norm (minimally), but look at the results of those plays……. TD’s and drive extensions.

Imagine what a real offensive NFL coordinator could do. We have the talent, just not the coaching.

Salute the nation

First thing I'd do is reach out to Ramon Foster and see if he has any desire to coach. Why? Dude came in as an UDFA after playing tackle at Tennessee, then had a long and very good career here as a Guard. I'd think his playing ability would mesh with his mental acumen and allow him to coach "up" our OL. Seems he'd know the techniques for all the positions.

Then I'd contact Leftwich OR El.

Barring those two not accepting, I'd go for Whipple.

Canada shouldn't have come back from Vegas. It was a sign from the Gods that our team needs a change since the plane had to stop in the offensive powerhouse that is KC.

you know if canada gets fired, either the current offensive line coach or the QB coach are getting promoted

i don't even know who either of those people are
Yep---

Its kind of like what would happen if Biden is impeached.

Be very careful what you wish for..

Prior to last night’s game, O’Canada had 90+% pass play when lined up in shotgun formation. Also he had over 80% run when KP* was under center.

Taking that play calling train and hellA yes he has “TELLS” as to play called.

Last night he went against the norm (minimally), but look at the results of those plays……. TD’s and drive extensions.

Imagine what a real offensive NFL coordinator could do. We have the talent, just not the coaching.

Salute the nation
The percentages are backwards, but the message is the same. It's why on almost every second and long, LV knew to run blitz and stopped us easily. He always runs in that situation.

We are in a can't win situation. An occasional B+ game by the offense, like last night, will be the justification for keeping Canada, so as not to undo the "positive momentum." Meanwhile, the stats will show near last in almost every important category.

The percentages are backwards, but the message is the same. It's why on almost every second and long, LV knew to run blitz and stopped us easily. He always runs in that situation.

Yep, got e'M mixed.

Salute the nation

Nothing is going to change this season because it’s not how they conduct business in Pittsburgh.
I’ll say this though, they better not overlook the Texans next week. Steelers are going to have to play a solid game against this team because DeMeco will have his guys ready to go.
Steeler need much more play action and must use the middle of the field. Geez, stop with all these sideline passes. Keep Kenny on the move since he is very affective passing when on the move.
Also need to use more of Jaylan Warren in both the running and passing game. He’s a better fit with this crappy OL since he hits what little hole there is like a bolt of lighting whereas Najee a power back, prods along without that burst that Warren offers.

I want this team to hire coordinators the same way they vet GMs/ HCs.

A lengthy process bringing in a lot of different candidates, narrow down the field and get your guy. I hope Khan/Weidl do their due diligence for this next hire.

Promoting from within has not yielded creative results, though I am much less harsh on DCs than OCs hired in this way.

#1 - I'd give Munch whatever he wants (including a run coordinator-stats guy) to come back and make him Assistant HC...or Stoutland from Philly, same deal.
#2 - Call Hines Ward for WR coach/PGC and give him some say. (The WRs give away the play as much as anyone with their 1/2 speed routes.
#3 - Get Whipple or a PGC (passing game coordinator) from a good team to call the offense with input from above. Maybe even Art Briles would be a great coach now that he has been exonerated by the scandal that wasn't at Baylor and several years of good results elsewhere?
#4 - Get a REAL DC who is ok working under HCMT, not a guy with a bad track record who has nothing to bring to the table.

Our OL coach has a flawed system.
Our WR coach is not a WR coach as HCMT sees himself as a better coach since he used to play at WR.
Our OC is bordering on "trifling" on many levels.
Our DC can't see the value of a true 3-man front vs the run/pass nor the beneifit of a slot CB and SS that can cover and play the run (Troy).

#1 - I'd give Munch whatever he wants (including a run coordinator-stats guy) to come back and make him Assistant HC...or Stoutland from Philly, same deal.
#2 - Call Hines Ward for WR coach/PGC and give him some say. (The WRs give away the play as much as anyone with their 1/2 speed routes.
#3 - Get Whipple or a PGC (passing game coordinator) from a good team to call the offense with input from above. Maybe even Art Briles would be a great coach now that he has been exonerated by the scandal that wasn't at Baylor and several years of good results elsewhere?
#4 - Get a REAL DC who is ok working under HCMT, not a guy with a bad track record who has nothing to bring to the table.

Our OL coach has a flawed system.
Our WR coach is not a WR coach as HCMT sees himself as a better coach since he used to play at WR.
Our OC is bordering on "trifling" on many levels.
Our DC can't see the value of a true 3-man front vs the run/pass nor the beneifit of a slot CB and SS that can cover and play the run (Troy).

Dc is an honorary title… Tomlin runs the D and everyone else just gives suggestions