• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yuengling CEO Says Lefty, Anti-Trump Boycott of His Beer Fails

I support American companies now in my beer drinking and proud of it. I've always liked Yuengling as my every day beer. It's got a simple, strong lager flavor and isn't high in alcohol content so if I have 3-4 at an afternoon party I don't feel guilty about driving the kids home. In Delaware I can buy cases of bottles at COSTCO for $16.99. The savings I get from buying my beer at COSTCO every year pays for my membership (I go through about 20 cases a year).

At this point in my life, I know what I like. I like hoppy beers, IPA's, pale ales, etc. from local microbreweries. I don't stray too far from the hoppy flavor profile. I don't like dark beers or fruit beers or anything not served in a pint glass. I stay away from EVERYTHING owned by AB-InBev and by Molson/Coors (Miller) now. Those are just monster companies that I want no part of. Even some of the "local" microbreweries are now part of their umbrellas so you have to check sometimes.

If I could recommend anything it's just stay local. There are even cheap beers that are local and often much better than the Bud/Miller/Corona profiles. When it comes to beer, there are so many ways to support small American companies there is almost no reason not to do it.

Yes to Yuengling as the best mass-produced American beer. For those of us who don't like the hoppy, craft brewed stuff or double IPA (WTF is that) or having a sammich in a glass, it is simply wonderful. And there are many local brews that about the same price point as the Bud/Coors/Corona stuff.
My biggest problem is why can't I get Yuengling in Kentucky????

If you ever get to eastern PA and are close to Pottsville, take the tour. They take you down to the old beer caves, which is neat. You can see where the government tried to brick it up at spots during prohibition.

In the old days they would give you unlimited beers after the tour. Guys would come after work and take a tour, and get a load on for free. Now you can only get 2. I should go there more often, as I live only about 45 minutes away.

I always get a kick out of the guys who get mad the beer "snobs." I work with a guy like that. Then I ask him if when he goes out for a steak, what cut of meat does he get? Oh, he always gets a good cut. Well, how the hell is that any different than enjoying a higher quality beer? He just gives me a blank look.

There is a place in Emmaus, Pa called Funk Brewing. They are phenomenal. They are smart, though. They are small, and they haven't gone crazy with 8000 different beers and some huge restaurant or something. The place is really just a big, converted garage. But they keep people wanting.

I think you always have to rate beers in price ranges as you would a restaurant. Of course you'll get a better meal at 5 star restaurant than at McDonald's so why would you ever compare them? You have to compare McD vs burger king, wendy's etc.

Yuengling is my favorite medium range mass beer. I'd put Coors original second.

The other day i saw Yuengling IPL which i assume means India Pale Lager which is their version of an IPA India Pale Ale. That's pretty smart of them because IPA is trendy now. I haven't tried it yet.

I think you always have to rate beers in price ranges as you would a restaurant. Of course you'll get a better meal at 5 star restaurant than at McDonald's so why would you ever compare them? You have to compare McD vs burger king, wendy's etc.

Yuengling is my favorite medium range mass beer. I'd put Coors original second.

The other day i saw Yuengling IPL which i assume means India Pale Lager which is their version of an IPA India Pale Ale. That's pretty smart of them because IPA is trendy now. I haven't tried it yet.

Personally I hate the hoppiness of ipa's.... but coors original or yuengling lager are fine

IPA's taste like straight ***. I think they are simply awful. IF that is your thing, have at it. But, yuck.

+1 ^^^^^^

I feel the same way about wine snobs. And feel the same way about their discussions about it. It should be "If you like this, you may like this other beer. Try it out some day." Instead, it's often "You like that?? Have you ever tried Dog Butt Testicle IPA? It's SSSooooo much better!" Translation: Your taste sucks, you're an oaf.

Your taste does suck and you are an oaf Tim. Embrace it and own it and give those snobby ***** the Double Tallman.

Last edited:
I had Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA last week. Instantly made my top 5. And I don't give a **** if any of you piss water drinkers try it or not. More for me.

I drink IPAs during the colder months, and wheat beers during the warmer months. If the only beer at an event is Yuengling Lager, then I will drink that. I usually don't drink any more than 1-2 beers at a time. That is the way it is, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If that makes me a beer snob, then i really don't give a ****.

Pittsburgh Home Brewing Society is having their annual judging tonight in Oakdale. I'll be there barring getting called to work, made an early morning trip to Presby for a new customer already. We're entering six beers and stouts.

They had 34 categories, we entered 11 beers, our dark stout got second place and our oak barrel stout won first place in their respective categories. :towel:

IPA's are an acquired taste, and I've never acquired it, much as I've tried. A craft ale with abv of 6 to 8 percent suits me just fine.

Pittsburgh Home Brewing Society is having their annual judging tonight in Oakdale. I'll be there barring getting called to work, made an early morning trip to Presby for a new customer already. We're entering six beers and stouts.
That's my old stomping ground,, I went to West Allegheny.

All you IPA haters are just *******. You probably have your coffee with french vanilla creamer.

I'm just messing with yaz. I love IPAs, and I do put creamer in my coffee (hazelnut, though, not french vanilla).

It's funny, though. I used to dislike IPAs, but they say your tastes change every 7 years or something, right? Can't drink stouts now. I got the flu one night and I was drinking stouts during the day watching football. You know how that is. Tasted those stouts twice.

IPA's are an acquired taste, and I've never acquired it, much as I've tried. A craft ale with abv of 6 to 8 percent suits me just fine.

All you IPA haters are just *******. You probably have your coffee with french vanilla creamer.

That's fine. Not all IPA's are super hoppy. Yards is my go-to IPA and it's pretty moderate. Hop Crisis, Green Flash Brewing's West Coast IPA, and Florida's Swamp Ape IPA will straight up kill you though.

I don't like IPAs. Never acquired the taste either. Cheap to expensive, give me a Hefeweizen. Love wheats.

I like coffee with French Vanilla creamer. You got a problem with that lol?