• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Zach Banner to Left Tackle?

Mark pulled that out of his ***. Tomlin could very well be setting his sights on Banner at RT. Regardless I would draft a T high.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm with you on this. I think they have to go tackle in round one preferrably Leatherwood the big OT from Bama. Then I move Banner who lets be honest has been nothing more than a jouneyman his NFL career over to RT. I don't think Banner has the quickness to play LT and would get our QB (whomever that may be) killed by these speed rush guys. I'd like to see OT,RB and TE in that order this draft. Wherever the money comes from, I'd like to see a F/A center. David Andrews from the Pats comes to mind.

I'm with you on this. I think they have to go tackle in round one preferrably Leatherwood the big OT from Bama. Then I move Banner who lets be honest has been nothing more than a jouneyman his NFL career over to RT. I don't think Banner has the quickness to play LT and would get our QB (whomever that may be) killed by these speed rush guys. I'd like to see OT,RB and TE in that order this draft. Wherever the money comes from, I'd like to see a F/A center. David Andrews from the Pats comes to mind.

Banner is gonna get killed by any guys in pass protection right now. He's slow-footed and against the Giants, any pass rusher that got low was able to get Banner off balance. He needs more knee bend to lower his center of gravity.

There are a few tight ends that are intriguing. Brevin Jordan out of Miami is athletic and a legit receiving threat. I think he's blocking ability is a bit underrated. Probably the best all-around tight end prospect and may be there in the second round. Hunter Long of Boston College is a name that keeps coming up as a potential 3rd or 4th round option. Bigger than Jordan, probably a better blocker right now and he offers some upside as a receiver. Notre Dame's Tommy Tremble is a potential sleeper. He isn't going to be drafted high with the lack of production as a receiver, but is said to be a monster blocker. At the very least you maybe snag a No. 2 tight end early on Day 3. I think he's a potential pick at the position because the Steelers probably got a good look at him while scouting Claypool.

As much as I like Big Al and his story, he was horrible this year. He has digressed some each year the past few years and this past year was it. No way you pay him $15 million like some are saying he will get. He is actually listed as one of the top 25 FA's. I laughed my *** off. I wish him well but not as our starting LT.

THIS

Our OL has a very BIG need and at least one plug and play player from the draft. It would be nice to get two LT & C.

Salute the nation

It’s probably a sure thing Drink they get one of those Tackles in the 1st (Darrisaw preferably), Williams for the RB in the 2nd, and Meinerz, the Center, in the 3rd. If Williams is gone in the second, Creed Humphries (C) could be the pick there and grabbing a RB in the 3rd. Sermon or the kid from Memphis. About a close as prediction you will get from me.

It’s probably a sure thing Drink they get one of those Tackles in the 1st (Darrisaw preferably), Williams for the RB in the 2nd, and Meinerz, the Center, in the 3rd. If Williams is gone in the second, Creed Humphries (C) could be the pick there and grabbing a RB in the 3rd. Sermon or the kid from Memphis. About a close as prediction you will get from me.

Does Sermon bring anything new to the table that Snell doesn't already offer? We're going to end up complaining the entire year how slow and unathletic he looks and he's going to learn how to train like an NFL player in the offseason to cut weigh and get faster. Bell, Conner, and Snell were all the same story. I'm ready for back with a different skillset.

Does Sermon bring anything new to the table that Snell doesn't already offer? We're going to end up complaining the entire year how slow and unathletic he looks and he's going to learn how to train like an NFL player in the offseason to cut weigh and get faster. Bell, Conner, and Snell were all the same story. I'm ready for back with a different skillset.

Well, Bell turned out pretty well, despite the business dispute at the end. He was only the best back in the league for a four year stretch.

Conner and Snell were largely a product of them trying to recapture what they had in Bell by drafting a heavier college back they felt could gain speed and maintain power while trimming down.

The results have been underwhelming, but it's not really going to matter who's back there until the blocking drastically improves.

Sermon has so much more awareness while running than Snell has shown so far. Sure they are both strong backs, inside runners but Sermon has shown he can get outside faster and obviously reads his lanes better. Comparing apples to oranges here of course due to college vs NFL, but Snell just hasn’t shown more than what he did in the SEC. Power through tacklers. Year 3 is the litmus test for RBs. Hopefully Benny can improve his awareness on reading his blockers and seeing the holes quicker. He improved his pass blocking, something Sermon will definitely have to improve big time, since he hardly ever had to in college.

Sermon has so much more awareness while running than Snell has shown so far. Sure they are both strong backs, inside runners but Sermon has shown he can get outside faster and obviously reads his lanes better. Comparing apples to oranges here of course due to college vs NFL, but Snell just hasn’t shown more than what he did in the SEC. Power through tacklers. Year 3 is the litmus test for RBs. Hopefully Benny can improve his awareness on reading his blockers and seeing the holes quicker. He improved his pass blocking, something Sermon will definitely have to improve big time, since he hardly ever had to in college.

Yeah, agree with Ike about Sermon. A more versatile back than Snell, seems to have better hands, tougher to bring down, willing blocker. I think a team is going to get him in the 3rd or 4th and wind up with a very good back, possibly a 3-down back.

only LT I draft in rnd 1 is Darrisaw or Leatherwood both plug n play
There is some concerns with Leather in pass blocking. Is he G? Do we want to ask those big questions with a 1st rounder? If we go that route I prefer those question marks in 2 or 3...or later.

Yeah, agree with Ike about Sermon. A more versatile back than Snell, seems to have better hands, tougher to bring down, willing blocker. I think a team is going to get him in the 3rd or 4th and wind up with a very good back, possibly a 3-down back.
Sermon got hurt in the NCCG. Why? Because he's not versatile or nimble enough - he got drilled by multiple defensive players and I see that happening (a lot) in the NFL...

Sermon got hurt in the NCCG. Why? Because he's not versatile or nimble enough - he got drilled by multiple defensive players and I see that happening (a lot) in the NFL...
I didn't check but was it a habitual problem for him in college? I didn't read up on his college injuries.

Ehh, not buying it. Sermon got hurt when four Alabama players hit him. An unlucky injury, a shoulder injury - not a chest injury or concussion.

In fact, in looking at the Youtube replay of the injury to Sermon's left shoulder, certainly seems he was injured when #8 took him to the ground and landed on him. Nothing to do with agility there. Four guys hit him, one took him to the ground and landed on him with full body weight, Sermon lands on left shoulder, gets hurt.

I think this goes under the category, "**** happens."

AV don't care if they bring him back at 1.5 mill best days behind him rather spend more for Beachum who even though same age is more agile and a better fit for our O as he can run block and pass block as good as AV or better for sure better run blocker.