• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

12 States move to ban gas vehicles by 2030 nationwide

Facts are irrelevant. Emotion can overcome physics apparently.
Bingo. That is 2/3 of the left's platform. Grand ideas, fantasies and fallacies that they have no idea how to implement or even understand the ramifications. Someone needs to explain to them that a Goal without a plan is a dream. Nothing more and nothing less.

Bingo. That is 2/3 of the left's platform. Grand ideas, fantasies and fallacies that they have no idea how to implement or even understand the ramifications. Someone needs to explain to them that a Goal without a plan is a dream. Nothing more and nothing less.
But yet which side is said to not follow the “science”?

But yet which side is said to not follow the “science”?
100%. Because they don't even know which science they are following. They cherry pick the science that supports whatever agenda they are pushing at the moment and then make up wild accusations and fabrications when anyone points out anything that contradicts what they are trying to sell. It is shear and utter lunacy.

100%. Because they don't even know which science they are following. They cherry pick the science that supports whatever agenda they are pushing at the moment and then make up wild accusations and fabrications when anyone points out anything that contradicts what they are trying to sell. It is shear and utter lunacy.
I have seen both sides do that to a degree, particularly those on the extreme religious right.

I have seen both sides do that to a degree, particularly those on the extreme religious right.
I don't disagree...but when the supposed "follow the science" side is constantly sinking to that level, it does little to help sway anyone that might be borderline or on the fence. There is a reason that there is such a polarization almost at the paradigm level with regards to the virus.

Why do you think 1 generation is entitled to all the oil? Future generations will likely need some and having some could be a national security issue eventually. Seems like we should be doing everything today, that will preserve resources for the future.
Good luck trying to support the worlds current population with horse drawn farming impliments.

No more hemi v8's in Ram trucks. They are going with a straight 6 with 2 turbochargers.

No more hemi v8's in Ram trucks. They are going with a straight 6 with 2 turbochargers.
I heard the s10 with the inline 6 was the greatest ever.

Not sure that's necessarily a bad idea, twin turbo's can produce lots of ponies, but I do wonder about the longevity of those engines.

Why do you think 1 generation is entitled to all the oil? Future generations will likely need some and having some could be a national security issue eventually. Seems like we should be doing everything today, that will preserve resources for the future.

I nominate you to sponsor 3 families in need and purchase an EV for each of them, complete with the necessary garage charging systems too.

How committed to this are you?

And he should go work in the lithium mines. For free.

I'd rather have him work in the battery disposal business. Going to be booming soon too. Can't wait to see the environmental impacts those rivers of acid will cause in 10-20 years.

Wow. It's almost as if someone's always daring you to post something stupider than the last post you make.

I know you are using some older outdated information, which is fine because its so hard to get

Oil isn’t nearly close to running out. The untapped oil available is absolutely staggering… you still see a lot of the 1970 estimates on the liberal sites, and even ones updated after 2016 try to downplay things with proven numbers only… here is a better breakdown showing the actual state of us oil… generations of oil… not the lies the powers that be try to tell you so they can keep their saudi lords happy

I am surprised Maryland is not on that list

In case 21 comes back to the thread and reads this, you should write that Maryland is a state, not a country like the others on the list.

The Earth produces more oil and gas all the time. In the 60's they said we'd be out of oil by 1980.

There will be enough for important people.
They'll always be okay on food, heat, A/C, and gas for their bulletproof Suburbans.
In my previous career I was part of a company that had franchises all over the country. I weathered two recessions and one thing I learned is that there is never a recession in the D.C. suburbs and northern California. The rest of the nation can be going to hell but those two places will be fine, our franchises there were never hurting.

I'm surprised as well. I'll be honest, I didn't even look at the link yet but I'll try to take an educated guess:

CA, OR, WA, IL, MA, VT, NM, CT, NJ, NY, PA, CO

I was a little torn on PA but with the way that state has been heading, it wouldn't surprise me.