• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into this hockey season. I'm completely unmotivated and uninspired.

Same. With NFL and college football, it's really hard to get into relatively meaningless regular season hockey.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This is Steeler nation so it's only fitting football comes first. I'm a hockey guy then football. I don't live in Pitt but I hope all you yinzers support the Steelers, Pens ,and ,Pirates to the fullest extent. I'd give my left nut for me and my son and wife to afford a Steelers or Pens game.

Even if the beer is over priced

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It used to be Steelers then Pens, but the NFL is thin substitute for what it was a decade ago, or so. Still love my stillers, but I have more respect for hockey these days.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I still like watching the Steelers the best. 2nd used to be the Pens, but now it's the Pirates. I like the Pirates attitude and team chemistry. The Pens have been hard for me to watch the last couple years and i have hardly watched them at all this year. They just seem to go through the motions alot of times. Also watching their power play is painful / frustrating. To me it just seems like the team does not gel for whatever reason. Not sure if it's lack of leadership or what.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I still like watching the Steelers the best. 2nd used to be the Pens, but now it's the Pirates. I like the Pirates attitude and team chemistry. The Pens have been hard for me to watch the last couple years and i have hardly watched them at all this year. They just seem to go through the motions alot of times. Also watching their power play is painful / frustrating. To me it just seems like the team does not gel for whatever reason. Not sure if it's lack of leadership or what.

Part of it is the Pens sign a lot of big name free agent names that don't gel with the team. Neal, Iginla, Sutter come to mind. Kessel is actually playing decent. The Penguins right now dont know if they want to be an offensive or defensive team. I think come spring time. The team will have it figured out

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of new talent are coming into their own as well. Fehr, Sprong, Cullen, Bennett, Maata. So the Pens have the support for Crosby/Malkin this season

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Wild's schedule starts to push up hill. Three games and then a meeting with the Pens next Tuesday. As luck would have it Parise will be out still. Good for the Pens, for the wild - not so much.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Wild's schedule starts to push up hill. Three games and then a meeting with the Pens next Tuesday. As luck would have it Parise will be out still. Good for the Pens, for the wild - not so much.

Dumba is starting to step it up a bit for the Wild. Minnesota is an up coming team

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I do think if Dubnyk is the goalie for the Pens game. The Pens may have a hard time scoring

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
This is Steeler nation so it's only fitting football comes first. I'm a hockey guy then football. I don't live in Pitt but I hope all you yinzers support the Steelers, Pens ,and ,Pirates to the fullest extent. I'd give my left nut for me and my son and wife to afford a Steelers or Pens game.

Even if the beer is over priced

Believe me, I'm Pittsburgh all of the way. Only so many hours during the week to dedicate to sports and I spend that time on football this time of year.

Reactions: MTC

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
I do think if Dubnyk is the goalie for the Pens game. The Pens may have a hard time scoring

Doob is just now beginning to play his game. Last two games he has looked like the rock he was last season. I fear he'll get one night off during this four game road trip but he does like to carry a heavy workload, maybe Yeo will let him play it out.

Matt Dumba is crazy good as young as he is - what a wicked slapper he has. This kid has a bright future. Vanek is doing his best make it look like Zack Parise isn't out of the line up impersonation.

The Wild are a fun team to follow. Still conflicting when the Wild/Pens play each other as I hate to see either team lose.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Doob is just now beginning to play his game. Last two games he has looked like the rock he was last season. I fear he'll get one night off during this four game road trip but he does like to carry a heavy workload, maybe Yeo will let him play it out.

Matt Dumba is crazy good as young as he is - what a wicked slapper he has. This kid has a bright future. Vanek is doing his best make it look like Zack Parise isn't out of the line up impersonation.

The Wild are a fun team to follow. Still conflicting when the Wild/Pens play each other as I hate to see either team lose.

Well I'll be rooting for the Pens come tuesday. But no hurt feelings with a loss. I respect Minnesota. A damn good hockey organization. Gonna be a good season for them. Away from the Pens, I will cheer for Minnesota or Tampa to win out

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Fleury a little shaky last night but good enough to win.

WTF Lovejoy............looked like he was spearing fish inside Fleaury's mask?

Malkin got lazy and sloppy late in the game.....stop it!

Liked the physicality of the team.

Nice having a quality b/u goalie.

Sid with an actual move in the S.O. ...........nice goal, nice win.

Reactions: MTC

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Second Period last night was a bit painful to watch. Outside of that the Pens played a pretty good game.

Spike

Reaction score
******* Lovejoy almost blinded Fleury with his stick when he speared him in the face.

good game otherwise - even with Malkin giving away half a dozen lazy *** passes - Kessel looked good and had some really good chances

everybody floating around in lazy *** circles on the outside seems to be their new sniping strategy

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I dont know what Malkin was doing in OT. He was just standing there basically.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Cant catch tonights game. Judging by the 2-0 score. Looks like our boys are playing flat against CBJ

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Strong finish. Sucks to lose. But way to fight back. Hornqvist has some intensity. Pens need that

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I only caught the last 5 minute last night. Kinda happy the team battled back. Eh all good

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Jersey owned the Pens tonight. Until they find out who they are, this will be the case.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wait until Sid and Phyllis wake up

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Absolutely no reason or excuse for a team built like this to go 2 games w/o a goal. Especially given that they are being handed PP opportunities. What a joke that is......other than the dump and chase, which usually ends up as the dump and chase back to the other end to defend against a shortie, they can't even enter the zone. Complete clown show. Next coach up.

Status
Not open for further replies.