• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get the inability to score. Too much talent for this type of ****. Something is wrong. Something has to change. I fail to see improvement in the status quo.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get the inability to score. Too much talent for this type of ****. Something is wrong. Something has to change. I fail to see improvement in the status quo.

Dmen are just too slow plain and simple as that Sarge. Outside of Letang and Fehr. Who's a presence on defense. Sure Lovejoy has his scoring streaks but centers and wingers blow right past him and put pressure on Flower or Zatkoff. No good D play. If the Pens had consistent defensive play. A lot more wins

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Dmen are just too slow plain and simple as that Sarge. Outside of Letang and Fehr. Who's a presence on defense. Sure Lovejoy has his scoring streaks but centers and wingers blow right past him and put pressure on Flower or Zatkoff. No good D play. If the Pens had consistent defensive play. A lot more wins

Agreed....after Maatta and Letang there just are no top 2 pairing d men on this squad....like Fehr but he's a 3 pairing at best right now. Maybe with a new partner a top 2. Clendening needs time....... I fully expect a trade for a top pairing D man sooner than later......

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed....after Maatta and Letang there just are no top 2 pairing d men on this squad....like Fehr but he's a 3 pairing at best right now. Maybe with a new partner a top 2. Clendening needs time....... I fully expect a trade for a top pairing D man sooner than later......

I think so too. Rutherford wants a top D man. Maata is top notch but is bitten by the injury bug. Fehr is the next man up and is good too. But he needs a bit more speed. Physical though. So heres hoping. The Pens put points on the board. That defense cannot hold for the 3rd period. I'm hoping they beat San Jose tonight. 1997 is a crazy drought in that building. Pens doing it tonight

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Woo hoo!!! Finally won in SAP arena.
5-1
Malkin is beast
Kessel is a damn good passer and has good ice awareness
Warfoslokaskioe....however you spell his name played decent. Dmen stepped up

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Four point night for me on NBC as the Wild in the early game took down the Blackhawks and for once the Pens also win easily out on the Left Coast.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Woo hoo!!! Finally won in SAP arena.
5-1
Malkin is beast
Kessel is a damn good passer and has good ice awareness
Warfoslokaskioe....however you spell his name played decent. Dmen stepped up

Ha, cool. No way I was staying up to watch an 1030 pm start.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
9:30 start here in the Central Zone. Still didn't end until nearly 12:00 so it would have been 1:00 am back east. A tad bit late for a work night. For a real change of pace, the won it handily.

Spike

Reaction score
First couple goals were soft - Fleury was under fire all night right in front of the net. This is Malkin's team now.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Ha, cool. No way I was staying up to watch an 1030 pm start.

The Pens looked much improved. The team had a defensive presence as well. I hear you on not staying up haha

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers looked good
Pens looked flat. Why can't both Burgh teams win on the same night?

Spike

Reaction score
Dear Santa........Please bring the Penguins a D man. Thank you.

Just ******* cut Scuderi already - he is beyond horrible - every time his stick touches the puck its a turnover - and I'll be happy with whoever they bring up

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Just ******* cut Scuderi already - he is beyond horrible - every time his stick touches the puck its a turnover - and I'll be happy with whoever they bring up

Agree........they could bring any schmuck up from WBS and not miss a beat.....Lovejoy's having a better year, but I'm afraid Scudes is done.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The whole defense outside of Maata looked flat. Crosby, Kessel, Malkin and Kunitz were getting mugged by the ducks. They cant score cause nobody respects the Pens supporting cast. Everytime Crosby, Malkin etc had the puck they had two defenders in their face

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Crosby, Kessel, Malkin and Kunitz were getting mugged by the ducks. They cant score cause nobody respects the Pens supporting cast. Everytime Crosby, Malkin etc had the puck they had two defenders in their face

Been an issue for at least a couple of years. They revamped the league several years ago to make it a higher scoring type game that would attract more casual fans......don't like that philosophy but it is what it is. Not sure what's happened in the interim but they've allowed things to slip back into the old clutch and grab, uncalled interference "garage" league that Mario decried for so long.

I love tough, gritty, fight filled, tooth chipping old fashioned hockey. But if they want it to go the other way I guess I'll have to live with it. Just pick one please. And call games consistently so teams don't have to spend the first period figuring out how they should play that particular game.

And what happened to fighting?

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Dear Santa........Please bring the Penguins a D man. Thank you.

And to think, 2 years ago all everyone talked about was how deep we were on defense.

Kind of hard to follow much hockey in this area. From what it looks like the Pens are sinking fast. Johnson is on his way out it seems. Good. He was a poor choice from the get go. Too soft. They need a hard *** in there to piss off all the prima donna's. These guys need to learn a system and not just try to rely on talent alon. Obviously that doesn't work.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Been an issue for at least a couple of years. They revamped the league several years ago to make it a higher scoring type game that would attract more casual fans......don't like that philosophy but it is what it is. Not sure what's happened in the interim but they've allowed things to slip back into the old clutch and grab, uncalled interference "garage" league that Mario decried for so long.

I love tough, gritty, fight filled, tooth chipping old fashioned hockey. But if they want it to go the other way I guess I'll have to live with it. Just pick one please. And call games consistently so teams don't have to spend the first period figuring out how they should play that particular game.

And what happened to fighting?

I've noticed with rivalry games the refs will back off a bit and let the teams play. But yes I agree with your post. I think it's the NHL trying to get more fans. Which should be left alone cause the hockey community is a small yet loyal one. Dont want the NHL getting too big

Status
Not open for further replies.