• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
First game isn't til Oct. 4.
Figured I'd start the thread with the nationally televised pre season game tonight.

The question is: Can they threepeat?
A lot of veteran voids to fill coming up.

Let's Go Pens!

It it is going to be tough to 3 peat. As of right now I would have to say no. Thank god hockey is back. Nice to watch a competitive team that you know has a chance to win every night compared to that hit or miss rope a dope show we witnessed earlier today.

Fired up for the Pens 3.0!!!!!

Reactions: MTC
It it is going to be tough to 3 peat. As of right now I would have to say no. Thank god hockey is back. Nice to watch a competitive team that you know has a chance to win every night compared to that hit or miss rope a dope show we witnessed earlier today.

I think it's gonna be an interesting first couple of months in the season.
Guentzel, Sheary, Rust, Kunhackle are all proven and can skate.

The search for a 3rd/4th line. I'm confident in someone like Rowney filling in for Bonino/Cullen, but it's a tough task.
The speed is there, so the just play mantra will no doubt be the theme as always.
I find the addition of Reaves interesting.

I'm not predicting a threepeat either, but a deep playoff run is possible.

A 5 on 3 pp should be a guaranteed goal

They tried to get too cute on that 5 on 3. A big nothing burger.

That was an entertaining 1st period for a pre season game. O.o

Looks like Sid and the kids haven't lost their touch.
Did like the aggressiveness from Sheary. Looked strong on/off the puck.

Good to see Letang back as well.
The 5 on 3 was opportunistic. Should've scored.
Aston-Reese. Hope the kid is as good as advertised

That was an entertaining 1st period for a pre season game. O.o

Looks like Sid and the kids haven't lost their touch.
Did like the aggressiveness from Sheary. Looked strong on/off the puck.

Good to see Letang back as well.
The 5 on 3 was opportunistic. Should've scored.
Aston-Reese. Hope the kid is as good as advertised

Seeing Letang is a huge reason to smile. It actually looked like a real game in the first. The Pens are going to have a giant bullseye on them again this year. They should be well used to it now.

Seeing Letang is a huge reason to smile. It actually looked like a real game in the first. The Pens are going to have a giant bullseye on them again this year. They should be well used to it now.

They will have a huge target.
Columbus, Washington and Philly are gonna be blood bath games this season.

The flow in the 1st period was legit regular season speed.
Looked like both teams are ready. That Megan kid for St. Louis is flying around

Not much scoring going on in the last two games.

This season will be the toughest yet. With the huge, over-sized target on their back from their B2B, along with losing a lot of vet leadership this off-season, it's going to be steep mountain to climb. As I am always hoping for the best and think they will still be competitive, I'm cautious to how this season will play out.

Watched the Pens @ Wings last night. Only regulars were Wilson and Rust. Everyone else was WBS or Canadian Junior. Thought Zach Trotman looked pretty good, and Dominik Simon had a nice game. Pouliot still looks like ****. Slow and tentative.

Watched the Pens @ Wings last night. Only regulars were Wilson and Rust. Everyone else was WBS or Canadian Junior. Thought Zach Trotman looked pretty good, and Dominik Simon had a nice game. Pouliot still looks like ****. Slow and tentative.

I think Pouliot is what he is.
In Sullivan's presser last week, he said something like Pouliot still has potential.

I fail to see it. Perhaps surrounded by NHL talent, then yeah he's serviceable at best

Buf 1 Pens 1

Another intense pre season game with the big dogs on the ice.
Right now Crosby's line is looking the most season ready.
Malkin needs a James Neal. Kessel and Hagelin are not clicking with him.

Gonna shape out to be an interesting season.
Really eager to see the younger guys respond

5-2 lead and I look 5-4 with 19 seconds left!
Wtf?! Where's the defense Pens! Haha!

Bring on the regular season!

5-2 lead and I look 5-4 with 19 seconds left!
Wtf?! Where's the defense Pens! Haha!

Bring on the regular season!

God did they just got to sleep in the last 60 seconds?..haha. I see all of the big guns scored including the newest gun Jake. I hope that kid keeps on this magic run. He seems to have that it factor.

God did they just got to sleep in the last 60 seconds?..haha. I see all of the big guns scored including the newest gun Jake. I hope that kid keeps on this magic run. He seems to have that it factor.

The big dogs looked pretty good tonight.
For the most part of the game, they kept a good flow. Reaves getting in fights already though lol
Jake may be mvp on the season. The dude is gonna be better than last year imo.

I had no idea wtf happened that last minute. Went to go fix me up a pb&j and my wife is suddenly yelling at the tv.
Lol