• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

First Pens penalty of the year?

Hooking on Sid!

Man that blues goal looked kicked in. Thank God the Pens scored first for good karma.

Looks like Sid's line is the only line who showed up.
Malkin's line just does not click.

Gonna be some growing pains this season.
STL is just good too.

Pens will have a strong 2nd period.
Penalties are killing us.

Hard to replace Bonino and Cullen on the PK.
First PK looked good and had a couple of shorthand opportunities.

It would be nice to have Maata hold this level all year. Last year was a dud for him.

It would be nice to have Maata hold this level all year. Last year was a dud for him.

Maatta is doing pretty decent.

That McKegg kid is doing well. Too much passing again on the PP.
Allen cannot stop those laser shots outside the slot. Need to keep shooting from there

I don't know what it is, but the Pens are still one of the worst stick handling teams in the NHL. Never seen a team that makes stick mistakes that end up teed up for the opposition. Been that way for years. I don't get it.

I don't know what it is, but the Pens are still one of the worst stick handling teams in the NHL. Never seen a team that makes stick mistakes that end up teed up for the opposition. Been that way for years. I don't get it.

They have a hard time clearing pucks. When they are backed into their own zone,
Teams just own them up on the board. It's been like that for awhile too.

Not impressed with Matt Hunwick either. Dude has been on the ice for all three goals against, I think. Two for sure.

****!
Letang got tangled up on that one

Need a score on this PP. Show something guys

Lost in OT
5-4

STL is now 8-2-2 against the Pens since the 2010 season. Damn

damn, good effort by the Pens. STL are a good team, even with missing some players. I'll take the point after being down 4-2 late in the 3rd.

Damn they just about pulled it off. Tomorrow Blackhawks NBCS 8:30.

damn, good effort by the Pens. STL are a good team, even with missing some players. I'll take the point after being down 4-2 late in the 3rd.

The Pens will have some growing pains with guys filling in for some key departures.
And yes, STL is a very good hockey team. I liked the effort by the Pens as well.

1 loss with 81 more games to go.

McKegg looked good. Really good.
Hunwick damn near gave STL a breakaway. Different team when Hornqvist, and Ruhwedal get healthy

Damn they just about pulled it off. Tomorrow Blackhawks NBCS 8:30.

Chicago is another team who seems to have the Pens number.
Hopefully with the departure of Panarin, the Hawks won't look as strong

McKegg was really something. Glad to have a legit center

Not having Horny out there does hurt a bit, but the Pens are still really talented. I hope Reeves is worth the roster spot. His presence is good, but Oskar Lundquist has a shirt for the Blues and looked strong. We'll see, I guess.

Not having Horny out there does hurt a bit, but the Pens are still really talented. I hope Reeves is worth the roster spot. His presence is good, but Oskar Lundquist has a shirt for the Blues and looked strong. We'll see, I guess.

Reaves needs to get involved more on the rushes.
His style doesn't fit right now, but he looks hopeful. He can skate. I do like the physicality tbh.

Only complaint was Hunnwick. Dude went for a hit and gave up a 2 man break away.
Pens talent will shine as always. Too early in the season

Chicago is another team who seems to have the Pens number.
Hopefully with the departure of Panarin, the Hawks won't look as strong

Yeah I know. Let's hope they can reverse that trend this evening.