• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2018 Salary cap set at 177.2

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Now the interesting piece begins in the Bell saga. Plus we now know the RFA numbers as well.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ort-2018-nfl-salary-cap-number-177-2-million/

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

What is a little baffling is the team knew they had to at least tag or contract him BELL for this year but knew it last year. WHY are we so cap dented???? We even got a 10+ million raise and still can't afford the tag.............. I get it but I could never live like that??

Salute the nation

any word or rumblings when mitchell will be cut?

What is a little baffling is the team knew they had to at least tag or contract him BELL for this year but knew it last year. WHY are we so cap dented???? We even got a 10+ million raise and still can't afford the tag.............. I get it but I could never live like that??

Salute the nation

They are notoriously slow, but no worries there is moves still to be made. You will see a ILber brought in, just watch.

I would imagine either before free agency leading up to the draft or after the draft. One of the two.

Probably don't want to cut him before there is a option staring at them in the face.

I read some articles a while back but I can't remember if he would be designated a june 1st cut or not.

I found a couple non-substantiated rumors though.

One year left @ 8.135 mil. If we cut him(please please please) it will cost us 3.135 and save us 5 mil.

Cut or trade him before June 1st: cap hit of $1.8MM and frees up $6.4MM.

Mitchell is in the last year of his deal. Wouldn't matter if he's cut now or after june 1st. I'd imagine they will cut him before FA starts, as it's a bit of a dick move to keep a guy around who is not in your plans, when they can maybe score a deal elsewhere.

I read some articles a while back but I can't remember if he would be designated a june 1st cut or not.

I found a couple non-substantiated rumors though.

They don't need to designate Mitchell as a June first cut, because he is in his last year. June 1st designations are only for players that have more than one year left on their contracts, so the dead money can be spread out for multiple years. Mitchell is in his last year, so all the prorated money has to be accounted for this year.

Woodley and Polamalu had multiple years left and were post June 1st cuts to split their dead money charges over a few years.