• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

49ers fired their DC

Shanahan has had two bites at the apple. He's used the same type of gameplans in both SBs against the Chiefs. And he's gotten the same result. Firing Wilks is scapegoating.
Not a big concern to me since it isn't the Steelers, but, somebody is hiring that guy as a DC, consultant, whatever position they can find/make up for him. Might as well be the Steelers.

Its just like when:
the Steelers fired the DC after losing 2 consecutive games to 2-10 teams
or
the Steelers fired the DC after getting 40s hung on them in opening round PO games.

Last edited:
I thought SFs defense played well in the SB and they were pretty tough all year. Mahomes was under alot of pressure and Pacheco had very little room. SF did let Kelce get loose toward the end of the game, but is that 2 great players making plays or a scheme thing. Someone will snag this guy up

The AFC plays better defense than the NFC.

Have you seen our DC ? At the very least, I bring him in as a consultant.

Bottom line, Coach Tomlin is who he’d have to deal with, even our DC isn’t really a DC but a Tomlin puppet.

Salute the nation

Its just like when:
the Steelers fired the DC after losing 2 consecutive games to 2-10 teams
or
the Steelers fired the DC after getting 40s hung on them in opening round PO games.
Not really just like that
Getting 40 hung on a D makes the DC look bad,
Keeping Mahomes (possible GOAT) to 19 through 4 quarters seems more like a good game plan not a 40 burger…jus sayin’

To me it seems like the “offensive genius” Shanahan ***** the bed in big games and Wilkes got scapegoated

If they didn’t fire the kicker too what the hell is up.

The HC didn’t have his team ready, they lost again so someone else gets fired

Sounds like a Tomlin move to me 😆

Not really just like that
Getting 40 hung on a D makes the DC look bad,
Keeping Mahomes (possible GOAT) to 19 through 4 quarters seems more like a good game plan not a 40 burger…jus sayin’

To me it seems like the “offensive genius” Shanahan ***** the bed in big games and Wilkes got scapegoated

If they didn’t fire the kicker too what the hell is up.

The HC didn’t have his team ready, they lost again so someone else gets fired

Sounds like a Tomlin move to me 😆
Both teams were ready. Someone had to lose. You don't go to ot in a super bowl unprepared.

They just have a higher standard than the Steelers.
Man that was sad to type

Pretty sure Wilkes wasn't the one who chose to take ball after winning the toss. But will say this they don't Rest on their laurels.

Wilkes had his lunch eaten by the chiefs. This breakdown on Mahomes shows how the 49ers were unprepared for motion. They abused Bosa all game too.

I saw at least five instances where it could have been called in the Super Bowl.....

426379233_778606660981235_7807301759163517432_n.jpg

It is all scripted, fans just won’t see it for the truth it is. Just because it is scripted, doesn’t mean that it can not still go against the plan though.

- Not calling a penalty here or there is just like putting your finger on a scale. While it may not guarantee an outcome, it goes a long way to helping it to happen.
- Spotting the ball just over the line to gain, or even slightly short can also help a desired outcome.
- Allowing a team to cheat for years and then burying and destroying any evidence goes a long way to hide your scripting.

The NFL is a multi-bazillion dollar business in its own right, with many reasons to script games, now add in all the legal gambling money, and money from broadcast rights. Greed fuels every decision made by the league, and just like every single person on Earth, when you get away with a little, you do not see an issue with going a little further each time after that.

We are not seeing this just in the NFL, we see this every day with large corporations and politicians. Until they are held accountable, they will push everything from now on.

Last edited:
I meant in general..lol

NO worries, I was using rhetorical sarcastic inferrals.!!!

Thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Shanahan has had two bites at the apple. He's used the same type of gameplans in both SBs against the Chiefs. And he's gotten the same result. Firing Wilks is scapegoating.
Not a big concern to me since it isn't the Steelers, but, somebody is hiring that guy as a DC, consultant, whatever position they can find/make up for him. Might as well be the Steelers.

If you crunch situationals, you notice that Shanahan scripts games really great... and he definitely has a backup plan to switch to, but if those two dont work and he has to go off script, he sucks. Thats why they rarely have 4th quarter comebacks under him and he has a losing record when the other team has extra time to prepare alternatives to their standard gameplan...

I saw at least five instances where it could have been called in the Super Bowl.....

I got to seven, 3 were very possible sacks. I knew very early in the game that officiating was going to favor KC, more specifically, Mahomes.

Salute the nation

Both teams were ready. Someone had to lose. You don't go to ot in a super bowl unprepared.

They just have a higher standard than the Steelers.
Man that was sad to type
The HC comment regarding not having his team ready was in reference to the OT rules

That he didn’t even address the rules were different shows a lack of preparation in my book

If that slips right through the cracks other stuff is as well imo, obviously his big game moments for being such a “genius” as many tout him are severely lacking.

He’s a great X and O guy, but not a championship caliber Coach imo

He’d be an upgrade over what we have tho, as at least he gets to meaningful games (even if he 💩 the bed when he does get there)…another sad thing to type

They don’t call holding in the SB
Did you see the 49ers secondary vs Chiefs receivers? Plenty of grabiness going on…they generally swallow the whistles except for the really undeniable stuff

Reminds me of how the Pats secondary always played, keep getting more grabby cuz they won’t call barely anything

I actually prefer the game that way to non stop penalties

Purdy left them leading twice at the end, the defense blew it. twice. with help from the kicker.
I will say the 49 defense is far better than anything the Steelers have put on the field in the last decade.

Purdy left them leading twice at the end, the defense blew it. twice. with help from the kicker.
I will say the 49 defense is far better than anything the Steelers have put on the field in the last decade.
That offense was very stagnant for far too long. 3 of 12 3rd down conversions.

It played a significant role in outcome. The turnover didn't help either...

Last edited:

Thats how NFL games can easily be orchestrated...

The others are the 5 yard and automatic first downs for defensive illegal contact & holding.

I wish these ******* would turn the script in the Steelers favor and give us a couple more SBs.
I saw several non holding calls that could have been called on the Chiefs. One play in particular had their LT and LG both holding two different players.
That’s not scripted boys that’s just ****** up officiating.
To script games would have to include the players and that ain’t happening but the officiating can most definitely control the outcome of a game. Now if you want to say the league is conspiring with the officials to control the outcome of games that’s really a reach but good luck proving that but the players themselves aren’t in on any scripting.

I wish these ******* would turn the script in the Steelers favor and give us a couple more SBs.
I saw several non holding calls that could have been called on the Chiefs. One play in particular had their LT and LG both holding two different players.
That’s not scripted boys that’s just ****** up officiating.
To script games would have to include the players and that ain’t happening but the officiating can most definitely control the outcome of a game. Now if you want to say the league is conspiring with the officials to control the outcome of games that’s really a reach but good luck proving that but the players themselves aren’t in on any scripting.
My post made no references to players being in on it. The collusion is between the league and officials, at least right now.

my claim of “scripting” means they TRY to influence the outcome of games, so as to produce more desired matchups later in the year during playoffs. The Super Bowl “scripting” is desired outcome for gambling revenues.

Do I have concrete irrefutable proof, no, but I watch enough to notice. You will NEVER convince me that officiating is this inept all on their own.