• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WTC Towers 1 & 2 were hit by jets. It's WTC 7 that was brought down from fire. Is what the NIST study concluded.

Last edited:
Planes crashed into both the South and North Towers (the two supertall skyscrapers), but WTC7 is a different, smaller tower. Read that bolded in post #48 again and you'll get a better idea.

Huh....Yeah I guess I am not up on this too much besides the basics. Didn't even know another building came down besides the twin towers and I never heard of WTC 7 before. Then again I usually tune out mentally as soon as anything I hear starts approaching conspiracy territory, so I probably ignored it even if I did read about it.

Last edited:
Huh....Yeah I guess I am not up on this too much besides the basics. Didn't even know another building came down besides the twin towers and I never heard of WTC 7 before. Then again I usually tune out mentally as soon as anything I hear starts approaching conspiracy territory, so I probably ignored it even if I did read about it.

Are you in your 20s? I usually find anyone born 1997 or later doesn't seem too bothered by 9-11.

My entire issue with Tower 7 being destroyed by the conspiracy agents is that whatever they wanted to destroy they could have done it without destroying the actual building. What was the point? IF they had access to the building to put in explosives then they had access to whatever it was they wanted destroyed. It makes absolutely no sense to me. All these conspiracy theories make no sense.

My entire issue with Tower 7 being destroyed by the conspiracy agents is that whatever they wanted to destroy they could have done it without destroying the actual building. What was the point? IF they had access to the building to put in explosives then they had access to whatever it was they wanted destroyed. It makes absolutely no sense to me. All these conspiracy theories make no sense.

I have the same argument with myself about the whole thing. It just nags at me that buildings don't come down like 7 did. The first two towers actually make sense to me. But 7 just makes me think. I could believe either way on that one.

Are you in your 20s? I usually find anyone born 1997 or later doesn't seem too bothered by 9-11.

LOL I'm 44. I'm ******* VERY bothered by 9-11 and I can give you every ******* detail of that day which I won't forget until the day I die. I am not bothered with conspiracy theories. It's just not my thing. I prefer to focus on the facts.

I'm ******* VERY bothered by 9-11 and I can give you every ******* detail of that day which I won't forget until the day I die. I am not bothered with conspiracy theories. It's just not my thing. I prefer to focus on the facts.

It wasn't a conspiracy theory that the building went down, and on live television no less. It collapsed later on in the day on 9/11/2001 so perhaps you tuned out physically/mentally by then, but it's an undisputed fact that it went down.

The conspiracy theories came later about how/why it came down exactly.

Two gigantic flaws in the conspiracy theories:

1) With the number of people who would have had to been involved it is literally impossible that to this day no one has ever spilled the beans.
2) The biggest question is why? The operating theory I guess was to give Bush justification to topple Saddam but there obviously would have been about a million things you could have done that were simpler, easier to stage and more directly connected to Saddam and Iraq.

LOL I'm 44. I'm ******* VERY bothered by 9-11 and I can give you every ******* detail of that day which I won't forget until the day I die. I am not bothered with conspiracy theories. It's just not my thing. I prefer to focus on the facts.
SS, I didn't mean to insult you( if I did) I read your stuff on this board and I know you're a good man but when you said you didn't know about #7 I assumed you were younger...My bad.

I think a lot of the pessimism about 7 is that it fell in its own footprint as in a demolition.

Yeah, that's the only thing that seems way out of the normal. Everything else I completely agree with Vader & OFTB on, but just the perfect way it went down and the apparent demolition blasts and even the coordination by people (on video) is creepy.

I'm on record as not a conspiracy theorist, but there were some serious "WTFs" about that entire ordeal. I chalk it up to a complete anomaly.

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB THREAD.

No world trade center seven did not “collapse and its own footprint”. All of that stuff is nonsense promulgated by trolls on the Internet and hucksters trying to seem smarter than they really are. Stop it.

I was at Ground Zero in Dec of 2001. There was still inches of WTC dust on every window sill in the surrounding area. An amazing scene was this 50-60 story office tower that had a huge 20-25 story gash taken out of it's side. Just ripped out. The building was shrouded in black cloth, from top to bottom. I remember thinking........Where do you get that much cloth?

I was at Ground Zero in Dec of 2001. There was still inches of WTC dust on every window sill in the surrounding area. An amazing scene was this 50-60 story office tower that had a huge 20-25 story gash taken out of it's side. Just ripped out. The building was shrouded in black cloth, from top to bottom. I remember thinking........Where do you get that much cloth?

I was there at the same time. The wall of missing people was so sad. The rubble was incredible to see up close.

If the intent was murder people and cause mayhem it makes no sense these so called government agents waited 7 hours and let everyone escape wtc before bringing it down. This conspiracy is one of the dumbest ever, The buildings structure was in jeopardy after the damaged it received from falling debris and several hours of unfought fires. Fire experts from FDNY were on sight for hours and knew the building was going to collapse which is why the set up huge perimeter so no one else would get hurt.

If anyone wants more info visit here, all this nonsense has been debunked over and over:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

The greatest issue 911 brought forward was the abysmal state of our military to defend against foreign attack.

During the cold war, had Russians decided to fly bombers with nuclear weaponry into the country all they needed to do was turn off their transponders and break formation. 911 made clear we had absolutely no way whatsoever to track aircraft that weren't broadcasting transponder signals.

THAT's what you should be concerned about.

The greatest issue 911 brought forward was the abysmal state of our military to defend against foreign attack.

During the cold war, had Russians decided to fly bombers with nuclear weaponry into the country all they needed to do was turn off their transponders and break formation. 911 made clear we had absolutely no way whatsoever to track aircraft that weren't broadcasting transponder signals.

THAT's what you should be concerned about.

Yep, most of this conspiracy stuff is nonsense, but the FBI and CIA both had intel on these muslim terrorists beforehand that they weren't sharing which enabled these scumbags. Also while the Air Force had very strong external defenses, due to military cuts domestic protection had been weakened, no one thought America would be attacked from the inside.

If the intent was murder people and cause mayhem it makes no sense these so called government agents waited 7 hours and let everyone escape wtc before bringing it down. This conspiracy is one of the dumbest ever, The buildings structure was in jeopardy after the damaged it received from falling debris and several hours of unfought fires. Fire experts from FDNY were on sight for hours and knew the building was going to collapse which is why the set up huge perimeter so no one else would get hurt.

If anyone wants more info visit here, all this nonsense has been debunked over and over:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

I was talking about Tower 7 but it applies to the WTC towers as well. The conspiracy theories are just so much non-sense. The problem with most conspiracy theories is they can never be disproved. Everything that happens is because "That's the way they wanted it". Whoever "they" are.

I expect significant fundamental changes have been made in how radar tracking and ID'ing is done now.

Unfortunately, at the time the fact that the aircraft were flying very sophisticated routes designed to overlap radar signatures, it caused a tremendous amount of havoc. Further, there was likely some fundamental failures in communication and secrecy as the terrorists clearly understood there were many many wargames being run that day which further lead to tremendous confusion on the part of the military and ATCs to identify what was simulation and what was real world.

Ultimately, the investigations more or less covered up significant failures at several levels that kind of "perfect-stormed" on that day.

Yep, most of this conspiracy stuff is nonsense, but the FBI and CIA both had intel on these muslim terrorists beforehand that they weren't sharing which enabled these scumbags. Also while the Air Force had very strong external defenses, due to military cuts domestic protection had been weakened, no one thought America would be attacked from the inside.

The FBI had enough info to move on them. They didn't even need the CIA info. When someone calls the FBI from a pilot training school and says they have Arabic students who want to know how to fly but they don't need to know how to land then something is up. They did nothing.

Per Vader's and other folk's posts. I have long been highly suspicious of the events surrounding 911, but as pointed out, the critical failure in the controlled-demolition theory is working out how and when the explosives would have been planted in 3 buildings pretty much entirely throughout the infrastructure. It's hard to imagine that significant an undertaking going by unnoticed.

However there are a number of very weird things about that day that are difficult to understand. One of the great personal tragedies of 911 is that the families of the victims could not sue the Air Traffic Controllers Board because apparently it is a federal entity. They also could not sue the military for their numerous failings.

Ironically, the leaseholder of the WTC complex, Larry Silverstein was absolutely able to cash in on an enormous insurance policy despite the fact that he'd only recently taken over the lease of the property. Better yet, he was able to cash in on DOUBLE the insurance amount as he was somehow able to weasel the insurance companies into accepting that that towers were brought down due to two SEPARATE terrorist attacks.

So, chock one up for capitalism!

Per Vader's and other folk's posts. I have long been highly suspicious of the events surrounding 911, but as pointed out, the critical failure in the controlled-demolition theory is working out how and when the explosives would have been planted in 3 buildings pretty much entirely throughout the infrastructure. It's hard to imagine that significant an undertaking going by unnoticed.

However there are a number of very weird things about that day that are difficult to understand. One of the great personal tragedies of 911 is that the families of the victims could not sue the Air Traffic Controllers Board because apparently it is a federal entity. They also could not sue the military for their numerous failings.

Ironically, the leaseholder of the WTC complex, Larry Silverstein was absolutely able to cash in on an enormous insurance policy despite the fact that he'd only recently taken over the lease of the property. Better yet, he was able to cash in on DOUBLE the insurance amount as he was somehow able to weasel the insurance companies into accepting that that towers were brought down due to two SEPARATE terrorist attacks.

So, chock one up for capitalism!

Also, I thought there was a few trillion dollars missing, but I'm not sure. But I vaguely remember something about this.