• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers to Steelers? Pat McAfee Asked Him About Flirting with Pittsburgh

Once Ben is done I think we ride with Rudy or insert journeyman QB here, take our lumps for a few years and draft a franchise QB that will be on the team for years. Hopefully the running game eventually will be to the point we don't need a top notch arm.... Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Now the pundits are bringing up the Steelers as a possible trade landing spot for Russell Wilson. I just can't see us giving up multiple 1's or even one 1 but who the heck knows. He wanted out this year and they think he will demand a trade again this offseason.
I'd guess that's a rumor planted by Wilson's agent.

dba190bf92640df02fb2cf43a0647d6f.gif

Signing Aaron Rodgers would be a mistake if we have to give up a high draft pick for him. He would certainly be an upgrade but for how long? We need to be thinking long ter, like after Tomlin is gone.
Just for the **** of it - just imagine this scenario: we have a similar situation to 2003 in that we’re good but injuries derailed season to get top 10 pick, and that player has unique impact. We can stabilize OL with all the cap room team has coming. All hypothetical— but it’s not unreasonable cuz team is strong all around except OL and Father Time caught up with Ben.

Would it be worth short term giving up multiple picks to get 1 Super Bowl.

If we got 7th Lombardi at cost of guaranteed rebuilding for multiple years like Bucs will, Denver has….

Is that championship worth it? Knowing it’s only limited to one potentially

A potential Super Bowl win with Tomlin ? The idiot can't win a playoff game and has given up 40 plus points in his last 3 playoff games. Rodgers would out Tomlin's stupidity 5 games into the season

I love AR, but don't see it happening. He is mobile, big arm, and has played well with scrub WRs. Think the asking price will be too high though. I would rebuild the line try a season with rudolph then hopefully find Ben's replacement

Just for the **** of it - just imagine this scenario: we have a similar situation to 2003 in that we’re good but injuries derailed season to get top 10 pick, and that player has unique impact. We can stabilize OL with all the cap room team has coming. All hypothetical— but it’s not unreasonable cuz team is strong all around except OL and Father Time caught up with Ben.

Would it be worth short term giving up multiple picks to get 1 Super Bowl.

If we got 7th Lombardi at cost of guaranteed rebuilding for multiple years like Bucs will, Denver has….

Is that championship worth it? Knowing it’s only limited to one potentially

I know many here may love the AR pick up but would he really fit? Look at his outlandish demands of his current team and what would he be like in unfamiliar territory.

Salute the nation

I know many here may love the AR pick up but would he really fit? Look at his outlandish demands of his current team and what would he be like in unfamiliar territory.

Salute the nation
More to the point, if you knew it brought us #7 at the cost of next 5 years, would you do it?

More to the point, if you knew it brought us #7 at the cost of next 5 years, would you do it?

I hear your question but will have to think about answer. Just for the record are we talking Rodgers here? (I just can't stand him so that weights in)

Salute the nation

A potential Super Bowl win with Tomlin ? The idiot can't win a playoff game and has given up 40 plus points in his last 3 playoff games. Rodgers would out Tomlin's stupidity 5 games into the season
Okay, in same way it’s possible you could win powerball, suspend disbelief for the sake of it would you sacrifice a long term for a 1-year Super Bowl?

I hear your question but will have to think about answer. Just for the record are we talking Rodgers here? (I just can't stand him so that weights in)

Salute the nation
Appreciate that cuz so do I.

But honestly I would give up 5 years or more to get that #7 Lombardi with AR.

Nope. Don't want to extend Tomlin's tenure here for any hypothetical. Rodgers is an awful fit with a below the line idiot like Tomlin and don't wanna trade one old QB for another old QB who is an arrogant ******* who has won nothing of importance the last 10 years in the easiest division in football.

Nope. Don't want to extend Tomlin's tenure here for any hypothetical. Rodgers is an awful fit with a below the line idiot like Tomlin and don't wanna trade one old QB for another old QB who is an arrogant ******* who has won nothing of importance the last 10 years in the easiest division in football.
Tomlin's tenure here would have nothing to do with how well or poorly the team performed with aaron at qb. This team could have back-to-back seasons with 6 or less wins and tomlin wouldnt be going anywhere. I hate it too, but, I've gotten to the point where I've accepted and made peace with what the rooney family wants, and apparently, its to carry a reputation for having extreme loyalty to a coach, first and foremost, regardless of how that coach might be perceived by everyone else
And the nfc north is easiest division in football? Huh!...that's news to me. Personally, I always thought it was the afc east, up until the last year or two *shrugs*

Last edited:
Now the pundits are bringing up the Steelers as a possible trade landing spot for Russell Wilson. I just can't see us giving up multiple 1's or even one 1 but who the heck knows. He wanted out this year and they think he will demand a trade again this offseason.
Didn't think they would trade a number 1 to Miami but they did. Didn't think they would jump way up for Bush. But they did. I believe if you have an opportunity to get a clear franchise QB. You do.

Didn't think they would trade a number 1 to Miami but they did. Didn't think they would jump way up for Bush. But they did. I believe if you have an opportunity to get a clear franchise QB. You do.
If he's young enough. Rodgers could take a nosedive at any time at his age although he's in much better shape than Ben and should have a few years to go. Wilson is only 32 so he could have 5 or 6 years. He doesn't run much anymore but still can. All of this is assuming these QB's want to play this long. It is not typical for players to play that long but more have recently. I would rather have a young guy in his late 20's or even a drafted QB. Those are true franchise QB's as they would hopefully be with your team for over a decade.

If he's young enough. Rodgers could take a nosedive at any time at his age although he's in much better shape than Ben and should have a few years to go. Wilson is only 32 so he could have 5 or 6 years. He doesn't run much anymore but still can. All of this is assuming these QB's want to play this long. It is not typical for players to play that long but more have recently. I would rather have a young guy in his late 20's or even a drafted QB. Those are true franchise QB's as they would hopefully be with your team for over a decade.
Thing is you have to go with what is best for your team. If the Steelers aren't in love with next year's crop of QBs and see no clear franchise I don't think they should go with Rudy or force a draft pick just to have competition. I prefer not to waste Watt or Mink. Some attractive pieces in place if they have the right QB. Sure any older QB can fall off the cliff but where Ben has shown signs for a while, AR has shown he is sharp as ever. No reason for me to think he couldn't last another 2 to 4 years in a league tweaked for QB survival.

Thing is you have to go with what is best for your team. If the Steelers aren't in love with next year's crop of QBs and see no clear franchise I don't think they should go with Rudy or force a draft pick just to have competition. I prefer not to waste Watt or Mink. Some attractive pieces in place if they have the right QB. Sure any older QB can fall off the cliff but where Ben has shown signs for a while, AR has shown he is sharp as ever. No reason for me to think he couldn't last another 2 to 4 years in a league tweaked for QB survival.
True but the more I watch him play, the less I see the Steelers paying Minkah what he thinks he's worth. But, that's another topic for another thread. If they do make a trade and give up next years 1, I sure hope they can still get a starting caliber OL with our No. 2 pick. The OL needs to finish its complete overhaul no matter who the QB is.