• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

After rewatching Bills game

Our 2nd stringers outplayed their 1st stringers so I'm happy.

"Exhibition boys, exhibition! When they start counting in a few weeks then we’ll see."

I remember a LOT of years with preseason hopes leading to "non-losing seasons!"

I'll keep my expectations thusly.

"Exhibition boys, exhibition! When they start counting in a few weeks then we’ll see."

I remember a LOT of years with preseason hopes leading to "non-losing seasons!"

I'll keep my expectations thusly.
Sure any season can turn sideways for numerous reasons. I think in general every fan should curb their enthusiasm with expectations that could turn sour.

Still nothing wrong with simultaneously being excited. The depth is better than I have seen in a long time. With many of seasons injuries playing a part in disappointment it is encouraging knowing the team is stocked better than previous versions.

Plus there is always enjoying one game at a time. That can get lost if we focus in on our ultimate want too much.

Not always the prize at the end of the road, as part of the fun is the journey getting there.

what type of idiot believes anything coolie posts?

Back in the day,……. LUXURY S10 drivers did——-WAIT——……….. I think it was only because you were a paying customer…………………….

W-A-I-T

No,….. they actually didn’t…………… something to do with they weren’t idiots………well…. Most weren’t

Salute the nation

It has been awhile since the excitement has been stirred to this degree, even for PRE-season.

I’ll take the good exhibition start as opposed to a ****-y exhibition start.

Here’s to hoping they have this covered through-out the season.

I hope all little hands are raised holding the Lombardy Trophy high.!

Salute the nation

Exhibition boys, exhibition! When they start counting in a few weeks then we’ll see. I do like what I see from Kenny though. He’s the key!
I think the OL will be improved but I wish they had a better backup at center than Kendrick Green so hope Mason Cole stays health.
DL strong and loaded with really good depth.
I like Kenny using the middle of the field to find that seam hitting Muuuth for the TD. That was pretty! Alan Robinson if he stays healthy could be a valuable addition and Cal Austin with that blazing speed will have to be accounted for.
Got to get Connor Heyward involved. Kid makes plays always.
Green is 100% expendable and has played himself off the roster.

Ryan McCollum is Cole's backup.

I seem to recall them saying Herbig or Daniels can also play C

How many times have we gotten amped up during preseason and they totally lay an egg to start the season? And vice versa where they looked like crap in August and started the season strong.

It's fun to watch the preseason but take the good and bad with a grain of salt.

I take preseason as a grain of salt could care less if we win or lose. But I will say this, It's been awhile since I have been this impressed with all three phases of our game in the preseason. Pickett has raised the level of his game more than I had expected, these receivers are terrifying and are gonna make our opponents have nightmares. the Oline has made a huge jump and the defense is deep. could be a very fun season for us.

I like the throws attacking the middle of the field. They reportedly worked on that a lot in practice so Tomlin could get comfortable with it. The question will be....will Tomlin attach the shackles for the regular season, or will he choose to let his offense show off its "quick strike" ability?

How many times have we gotten amped up during preseason and they totally lay an egg to start the season? And vice versa where they looked like crap in August and started the season strong.

Salt may be bad for some here, Pepper or salt but not both--------- Unless PEPPERED Bacon and very slightly salted eggs..............

Salute the nation

I'll take a W over an L even if it's a meaningless preseason game.
Now, if they do the same thing on opening day, we just might have something to talk about.

Either waqy, there will be something to talk about, I'm in the positive group session.

Salute the nation

I’m trusting what I see and feel...both tangible and intangible. This team is going to be good. All these pundits that picked (now changing thier tune) the Steelers to come in fourth in the division overlook one reality. The division is always tight. Since 2018 the Steelers are 14-10-1 in the division without a losing record despite going 0-2 in the playoffs during those years. Nobody has ’run away’ with it since the Steelers in 16 & 17...if you go back 2 more years the Steelers are 25-11-1. They’re not yielding anything to the divisional opponents. The last time the Steelers came in last in their division? …1988

The road to the playoffs might run through the division, but seems to me they need to pad their out of division record to win it because the division will b tight.

Last edited:
I’m trusting what I see and feel...both tangible and intangible. This team is going to be good. All these pundits that picked (now changing thier tune) the Steelers to come in fourth in the division overlook one reality. The division is always tight. Since 2018 the Steelers are 14-10-1 in the division without a losing record despite going 0-2 in the playoffs during those years. Nobody has ’run away’ with it since the Steelers in 16 & 17...if you go back 2 more years the Steelers are 25-11-1. They’re not yielding anything to the divisional opponents. The last time the Steelers came in last in their division? …1988

The road to the playoffs might run through the division, but seems to me they need to pad their out of division record to win it because the division will b tight.

Excellent post pittbull and thanks for all the great ones along the way.

I never count out the STEELERS and not just in a fandom way. Many times I’ve seen them picked to fail (not win) with-in the division, only to see them win it or place second.

I’m in the boat of them winning the division this season and making the play-offs. I realize things have to fall our way, but it’s as possible as not that they will.

Salute the nation

damn can anyone stop this offense?

and can anyone score on the starting D?

the free agent ILBs are looking solid

CAIII with a nice splash play on PR

KP's pass to Freiermuth was an awesome play on both ends, the pass and the catch

It only took Najee 2 plays to soften up the D for Warren to exploit. great run by warren but he was never touched the OL and DJ did a great job of blocking on that play

everyone else is playing for 2nd place
This is the best team ever!!!!

I think the Steelers will finish 3rd in the AFCN this year. I think the Bengals and Ravens are better, but not by a lot.

The Steelers will likely be better, but next year is the year I think they make the playoffs and perhaps a long playoff run.

Honestly, it’s been a while since I was amped up over the Steelers. Last year was the first in many that I was excited, and while initially disappointed I now realize it was a part of the process. This is a young team that’s really staring to believe in themselves. I’m not excited because of the points they’ve put on the board so far, I’m excited about how effortless they’re making it look, all while maintaining a “you ain’t seen nothin yet” attitude. That’s special. Think about LeBeau’s SB defense…how close they were and still are. But now it looks like the whole team is feeling that.

I’m ‘the guy’ that always said Tomlin won his SB with Cowher’s players. I jumped off the Tomlin bandwagon as soon as they lost to the Packers in the SB. But I think I’m about to be proven wrong, and I hope I am. I will happily wear egg on my face. I LOVE what Tomlin is doing with this team. Whether it’s signing siblings or former teammates…bringing in respected vets to mentor the young guys, drafting a former players son…even the patients he has show with Green and Harvin shows the players it’s not just business with Tomlin. Some folks would discount all that, but I think intrapersonal relationships are critical to success.

And just think…The jersey Hamlin gave to Pickett, he wanted to give to Tomlin. A few weeks back a former Steeler said (can’t remember name) Tomlin “saved his career”, and I remember hearing several players recently say they wanted to play for the Steelers. Tomlin’s sway amongst players can help the Steelers in the future.

Last edited:
Whether it’s signing siblings or former teammates…bringing in respected vets to mentor the young guys, drafting a former players son…even the patients he has show with Green and Harvin shows the players it’s not just business with Tomlin. Some folks would discount all that, but I think intrapersonal relationships are critical to success.
Green needs to be shown the outpatient door. Patience is one thing. Stubbornness is another.

damn can anyone stop this offense?

and can anyone score on the starting D?

the free agent ILBs are looking solid

CAIII with a nice splash play on PR

KP's pass to Freiermuth was an awesome play on both ends, the pass and the catch

It only took Najee 2 plays to soften up the D for Warren to exploit. great run by warren but he was never touched the OL and DJ did a great job of blocking on that play

everyone else is playing for 2nd place

Yeah, I'm really glad Harris " softened up " the Bills defense for a grand total if six yards ( 3.0 yard per rush ) . This is better than last game where he had zero yards rushing and -1 yards as a receiver!

Warren out ran the Bills defense including a DB who had the angle on him. And he made contact with Warren too.