• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown says Ryan Clark is bitter

I remember Brown running his mouth after the 2012 season too, and Brown wants team chemistry, but he's the one that acted like an idiot because he wasn't getting the ball as much as he wanted in the final game vs Cleveland so he could break Hines's record. I was also tired of Clarks constant talking, but Brown needs to look in the mirror before he calls guys out.

The way I look at it, Ryan Clark is gone. Move on already and stop running your mouth. It sounds like you're making weak excuses for your pitiful play two years running.

Antonio Brown played pitiful last season? Really :eek:
I sure hope he plays pitiful again this season and set team receiving records, be among the league leaders in receptions and yardage and makes the Pro Bowl again. This receiving corps would have been pathetic without
Brown last season. Even Heath Miller had a down season with a few drops.

I sure hope he plays pitiful again this season and set team receiving records, be among the league leaders in receptions and yardage and makes the Pro Bowl again. This receiving corps would have been pathetic without
My bad maybe you were referring to Ryan Clark. Excuse this post if that's the case.

My bad maybe you were referring to Ryan Clark. Excuse this post if that's the case.

Seems disconcerting that in many off-seasons under Tomlin, stuff like this (locker room selfishness) seems to come out after the fact. Faneca, Wallace, Clark...

Every time we underachieve, I keep hearing excuses or reasons why the train got off the tracks or how we have to get back to "Steelers Way".

You want the truth Brown? We lost because the players didn't execute enough. The coaches didn't make the best decisions. And the overall talent of the team (especially depth) was below par.

Quit blaming performance on some phantom "Steelers Way" or locker room mojo. You lost 8 games because you deserved to lose 8 games. Your team got outplayed in 8 games. You got outcoached in 8 games. Period.

I've been tired of Clark for a couples of seasons. Whether it was being buds with the Ravens in their lockerroom after a loss or fighting with fans on Twitter, it got old.

Clark talked too much, but he's gone now. I don't really care what Brown thought of him then or thinks of him now. Too much talk in this league for my tastes, everyone needs to shut up and get to work.

Seems disconcerting that in many off-seasons under Tomlin, stuff like this (locker room selfishness) seems to come out after the fact. Faneca, Wallace, Clark...

Every time we underachieve, I keep hearing excuses or reasons why the train got off the tracks or how we have to get back to "Steelers Way".

You want the truth Brown? We lost because the players didn't execute enough. The coaches didn't make the best decisions. And the overall talent of the team (especially depth) was below par.

Quit blaming performance on some phantom "Steelers Way" or locker room mojo. You lost 8 games because you deserved to lose 8 games. Your team got outplayed in 8 games. You got outcoached in 8 games. Period.

If Brown wants to blame anyone for missing the playoffs, he can blame himself. He was clear and stepped out of bounds vs Miami. That play cost us the playoffs.

I love Brown. He's my favorite receiver (even when we had Wallace) and a guy I like to root for. Blame is a slippery slope.

Clark has been auditioning for a TV job for sometime now. As soon as he quits he'll be vying to be an analyst and he's trying to show that he won't hold back on saying the truth (as he perceives it) even if it's about his own team mates. It's all career.

If Brown wants to blame anyone for missing the playoffs, he can blame himself. He was clear and stepped out of bounds vs Miami. That play cost us the playoffs.

I love Brown. He's my favorite receiver (even when we had Wallace) and a guy I like to root for. Blame is a slippery slope.

SORRY, But I bet there are many "single" plays, that can attribute, to NOT making the play offs!!!!

Salute the nation

Clark has been auditioning for a TV job for sometime now. As soon as he quits he'll be vying to be an analyst and he's trying to show that he won't hold back on saying the truth (as he perceives it) even if it's about his own team mates. It's all career.
That, plus it seemed that as his skills declined he got more mouth.

I remember Brown running his mouth after the 2012 season too, and Brown wants team chemistry, but he's the one that acted like an idiot because he wasn't getting the ball as much as he wanted in the final game vs Cleveland so he could break Hines's record. I was also tired of Clarks constant talking, but Brown needs to look in the mirror before he calls guys out.

"When you see people taking shots who were on the same team and wearing the same jerseys, that's a sign of not having that team camaraderie," Brown said. "That's something we need to get back, something we haven't had for the past two years."

"When you see stuff like that happen repeatedly year after year -- from a guy calling LaMarr Woodley out, from a guy that's calling the team out for illegal uses of a substance -- it just shows the lack of team camaraderie we had in the locker room, the lack of togetherness," said Brown, who set a Steelers single-season record with 1,499 receiving yards in 2013. "When you see things like that, it shows you how guys feel even when they're not part of the team anymore. We've kind of got a new team and a new environment, and I'm excited to get the draftees in and get everybody together so we can get rolling."

Nope, don't see any "blaming" going on. I see someone pointing out the obvious. And I'm sure he was just walking around one day, saw a reporter and just started saying these things... it's not like he was asked any type of question. This place is as bad as the media, take something that isn't there and run with it until it's 7 pages long...

SORRY, But I bet there are many "single" plays, that can attribute, to NOT making the play offs!!!!

Salute the nation

Then you don't understand playoff tie-break scenarios. If Brown doesn't step out of bounds, we have an extra win and the tie break on Miami. By winning our week 17 game it would have made the San Diego game worthless, since we would have the tiebreak vs San Diego if we had the same record. Those FGs would have been moot and we would have been in the playoffs at 4pm instead of missing it at 7:30. Our 9-7 would have gotten us in over San Deigo's 9-7

So yes, I can attribute one single play to our playoff fortunes this past year.

Then you don't understand playoff tie-break scenarios. If Brown doesn't step out of bounds, we have an extra win and the tie break on Miami. By winning our week 17 game it would have made the San Diego game worthless, since we would have the tiebreak vs San Diego if we had the same record. Those FGs would have been moot and we would have been in the playoffs at 4pm instead of missing it at 7:30. Our 9-7 would have gotten us in over San Deigo's 9-7

I think he meant that there were several single plays last year that could have had the same effect.

Nope, don't see any "blaming" going on. I see someone pointing out the obvious. And I'm sure he was just walking around one day, saw a reporter and just started saying these things... it's not like he was asked any type of question. This place is as bad as the media, take something that isn't there and run with it until it's 7 pages long...

Was the reporter twisting his arm? Brown is old enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. If you want to be an actual leader you have to know what to say and what not to say.

Several years ago there was a fight in the locker room between at least two of the players, a running back and one of the linebackers. Don't remember who it was right now but I believe it was attributed to a highly competitive spirit at some point. There is a history of issues showing up from time to time in dealing with groups of personalities like those on a football team. These guys play a very physical game(except for Tom Brady) and are very aggressive in their style of play, if they were not they would likely not have reached the level of play needed to get to an NFL team. There are exceptions like Troy, but the individuals with his type of restraint are rare.

The divisiveness in the locker room exists regardless of its' being stated or not.

If Brown hadn't stepped out of bounds, they would reviewed the play because it was a scoring play. They would have seen a forward lateral past the line of scrimmage and the play would not have counted.

Was the reporter twisting his arm? Brown is old enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. If you want to be an actual leader you have to know what to say and what not to say.

I don't have a problem with what he said, it's normal stuff. He makes some good points about how things have been the past two years, and how they have a bunch of new people that he's ready to get to work with and build the family atmosphere. The problem is mountains being made out of mole hills. The only reason this is even a story at all is because it's the offseason and there is nothing else out there at the moment. The draft is still a week away, no one is signing anyone,

If Brown hadn't stepped out of bounds, they would reviewed the play because it was a scoring play. They would have seen a forward lateral past the line of scrimmage and the play would not have counted.

I don't have a problem with what he said, it's normal stuff. He makes some good points about how things have been the past two years, and how they have a bunch of new people that he's ready to get to work with and build the family atmosphere. The problem is mountains being made out of mole hills. The only reason this is even a story at all is because it's the offseason and there is nothing else out there at the moment. The draft is still a week away, no one is signing anyone,

The Nfl came out and said if Brown hadnt stepped out it was a TD.

I was referring to the team, since that's what he is supposedly talking about. I may not have worded it properly, but he still needs to shut the Hell up and play.

That's true....but the fact that they wound up needing that play to beat the Phins at home in the snow was just sad and pathetic.

I FULLY understand play off implications, my point being, there are several botched plays, over the coarse of the season, that cause losses. Its a game and pointing to one play, can be countered by another play, good or bad!!

Salute the nation

I FULLY understand play off implications, my point being, there are several botched plays, over the coarse of the season, that cause losses. Its a game and pointing to one play, can be countered by another play, good or bad!!

Salute the nation

I understand your reasoning. This play or that play. You have to keep in mind, most plays can be corrected if there is time left on the clock in the game. My play is the last play of a game, with no time on the clock, that directly led to us losing the game. By losing that game, the playoff scenario did not work out for us. Had we won that game, we would have been in the playoffs. We would have won that game if Brown didn't inadvertently step out of bounds.

I'm sure there are more instances, but this play IMHO is valid and shows how close we were to being a playoff team last year.

I understand your reasoning. This play or that play. You have to keep in mind, most plays can be corrected if there is time left on the clock in the game. My play is the last play of a game, with no time on the clock, that directly led to us losing the game. By losing that game, the playoff scenario did not work out for us. Had we won that game, we would have been in the playoffs. We would have won that game if Brown didn't inadvertently step out of bounds.

I'm sure there are more instances, but this play IMHO is valid and shows how close we were to being a playoff team last year.

TOTALLY get your point :) I'm NOT looking through to find any other plays ect., just to validate anything. A little more effort here or their and it would never come down to one play, good or bad. I recall a dropped TD pass from BR to sanders, he couldn't make that play, very late in a game against the rats. Possibly a candidate for the "one play" award. Moving on.........

Salute the nation