• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

You know what they say about stories? There is two sides to them. It is an interesting spin but I didn't live in that household. It could have played out multiple ways. I had ****** adoptive parents that tried to say I was a problem child, but those problems came from what happened behind closed doors. One was an undiagnosed bipolar manic aggressive lunatic the other a lazy passive watcher that was just happy his aggression wasn't zooming in on her....until I was out of the picture and it switched to her problem. Anywho I left every opportunity I got. The state would always send me back until the court decided to send me away. I later joined the military but it took me a while to shake the rage that dwelled within me. I dunno what I am trying to convey is every situation is different. Perhaps he had some negative things that turned him. And it festered, grew out of control. Or he just was a tool. On the field my empathy is miniscule. You have an opportunity up to you not to blow it. Effect my team then I will have comments sure. AB deserves to be out of the NFL he earned it. But off the field my empathy takes a turn. As I know there is so many things that impact youth. And I also know people lie, even on their children. In the circles I ran I seen too many young deaths. Close friends and even a GF that passed way too early. My hope for anyone troubled can get the help they need even AB. Sure he didn't take advantage. Sometimes the wounded souls don't. Sometimes they take a little longer to come around. Sometimes it simply is too late. Not my job to ultimately judge that man off the field. I just hope that he eventually gets the help he needs. Even if it is for his wife and kids. They deserve stability. I will let God sort out the rest, as it should be.
The thing with AB is even when he’s thinking straight the opportunities and resources are there.

There is a point when you have to write him off as a lost cause as cold as that sounds. Hard to feel sorry for him for the amount of resources, money and people he had vouch for him

The thing with AB is even when he’s thinking straight the opportunities and resources are there.

There is a point when you have to write him off as a lost cause as cold as that sounds. Hard to feel sorry for him for the amount of resources, money and people he had vouch for him
NFL will write him off deservedly so. But the man still can help him and his family. And should. But ultimately it is up to him to take the steps .

The guy needs help.
It is sad, I remember how great he was with us for so long
I also remember how he would be the last guy on the jugs machine after practice. My kid got his autograph 4 years in a row at training camp.

maybe that hit by birthdefect really did do something to him

The guy needs help.
It is sad, I remember how great he was with us for so long
I also remember how he would be the last guy on the jugs machine after practice. My kid got his autograph 4 years in a row at training camp.

maybe that hit by birthdefect really did do something to him
His first couple training camps he camped out front. Chilling and talking. He was definitely approachable. I had nothing but great vibes from him. Shame that changed.

Antonio Brown Timeline -- Last 3 Years​

Dec. 2018: Deactivated for Steelers' Week 17 game after reportedly throwing a ball at a teammate in practice
Feb. 2019: Meets with Steelers owner Art Rooney II, says both sides agree to move on
March 2019: Traded by Steelers to Raiders for 3rd- and 5th-round picks
July 2019: Placed on non-football injury list (frostbite on feet from cryotherapy)
Aug. 2019: Missed Raiders training camp practices due to helmet grievances
Sept. 7, 2019: Released from Raiders after Instagram post asking for his release
Sept. 9, 2019: Signed 1-year deal worth up to $15M with Patriots
Sept. 10-16, 2019: Ex-trainer Britney Taylor accuses Brown of sexual assault. Sports Illustrated reports 2nd incident of sexual misconduct
Sept. 20, 2019: Released by Patriots
Jan. 22, 2020: Charged with felony burglary with battery and 2 misdemeanors for incident with moving truck company. Pleaded no contest and did not receive jail time
July 31, 2020: Suspended 8 games for multiple violations of NFL's personal conduct policy
Oct. 27, 2020: Signed 1-year contract with Buccaneers
Feb. 7, 2021: Caught 5 passes, including a TD, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV
May 25, 2021: Re-signed with Buccaneers
Dec. 2, 2021: Suspended 3 games for violating NFL-NFPA COVID-19 protocols. The league and players' union found that Brown was among three players who misrepresented their vaccination statuses
Jan. 2, 2022: Took equipment off and runs off field during game at Jets. Coach Bruce Arians said "he is no longer a Buc"
I guess if you want to focus on the negative that is all anyone will see.........

Remember that time when he shared a bag of his personal gummie dicks ............
and don't forget that time when he was giving away free furniture to other tenants in his building

how come no one remembers the good stuff ?

I guess if you want to focus on the negative that is all anyone will see.........

Remember that time when he shared a bag of his personal gummie dicks ............
and don't forget that time when he was giving away free furniture to other tenants in his building

how come no one remembers the good stuff ?
Plenty of on the field great plays the extension, the punter mauling, a plethora of Ben TDs, beautiful returns. This guy had the makings of the greatest of all time. He was at least trending in that direction. Just got his punter pic framed... I was tempted to toss everything but ultimately didn't.

Because you KNOW how I love to do the "stats" thing...

AB's career both with and post-Ben for your viewing pleasure... (And note, that AB's "post-Ben' career has been fully driven by Tom "Jesus" Brady.)

Career Numbers:
Ave Games per Season: 12.17
Ave Targets per Game: 9.07
Ave Receptions per Game: 6.04
Ave Yards per Game: 78.04
Ave TDs per Season: 6.92
Ave TDs per Game: .58

Steelers # (IE except for games Ben missed, all Ben/Brown #s)
Ave Games per Season: 14.4
Ave Targets per Game: 9.4
Ave Receptions per Game: 6.2
Ave Yards per Game: 82.8
Ave TDs per Season: 8.2

Ave TDs per Game: .5

Brady #s (Either with cheats or Bucs)
Ave Games per Season: 5.3
Ave Targets per Game: 8
Ave Receptions per Game: 5.5
Ave Yards per Game: 63.9
Ave TDs per Season: 3

Ave TDs per Game: .7

So, Antonio Brown was better in every single category except TDs per game while he was with Ben Roethlisberger. In fact, one could argue that his numbers with Brady are really pretty pedestrian. Of course there is one stat we could add in regarding SB victories, but that would open up a can of worms about the value of competent coaching and that wasn't actually what I was after. I just wanted to crunch the numbers and see WHO AB should be thanking for his legacy of being a dominant player in the league. IT seems crystal clear that, once more, Ben did more to make AB a star than the other way around...

(EDIT) just for fun I dug just a little deeper and determined his catch % per QB and his YPC ave.
With Ben/Steelers, he caught the ball
.66% of the time and averaged 13.35 ypc.
With Brady/Others, he caught the ball .69% of the time and averaged 11.52 ypc.

* stats gathered from pro-football reference. Season 2010 - 2021.

Last edited: