• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't know at this point how anyone can buy into anything AB says. Even in some remote bizarr- oh universe where he is spinning it a small percentile towards truth you still have to have some major doubt knowing his lengthy fruit loop of a past. That paragraph stinks of similar garbage his agent **** slinging monkey threw out of his *** trying to damage control what he could in days past. Yeah any cuckoo for cocoa puff **** I see that his posse loads up into the pipe I will have to puff puff pass.
Here is why I tend to believe AB on this one. He has not caused many issues on the Bucs other than a fake vax card which is somewhat understandable. The media is crucifying unvaxed people and Australia is treating Novak Djokovic like a terrorist trying to come into the county for the open. AB was also only I think 8 catches and like 50 yrds from hitting his bonuses. He also was not being totally ignored in the game and had 3 catches in like 2.5 quarters. Tampa Bay is short on WRs and needed Brown out there. It was widely reported that he had an ankle issue and did not practice all week. TB is headed to the playoffs and has a legit shot at going to the SB again. Only Arians seemed to "cut" Brown and Arians is denying he knew about the ankle which is definitely BS. Arians was against signing AB from the start. I think Brown is a terrible human being, but I wouldnt be surprised if this story is true and I think Arians is going to be in trouble.

diver

Reaction score
They should just cut him. That statement he made says he is too hurt to play on that ankle, he's gonna have surgery, and then business be boomin again. If he signs with someone right away everyone will know he's full of ****. Not that it matters.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Arians will get fined or suspended for the throat slashing gesture?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Arians will get fined or suspended for the throat slashing gesture?

Little chest mentioned that in his staement but did the TV camera happen to show it ??? I'm wondering due to that being some legitimacy to little chest"s statement.

If actually so then why the hell not ? Fined and ******* 40 lashes at the goal post.

Salute the nation

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

ok I am tempering this response with guarded resolve…that statement is the biggest load of horseshit known to man. Point of reference, count how many “I” and “me” in the statement. Sure he and his agent put their spin on it, just like the Bucs have, but if he was so injured or his ankle was so bad, how in the heck did he “go home” before seeing a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, have a diagnostic exam with imaging (MRI), and be given results….plus make it to the Nets game 3-4 hours later? (Where he was given a ovation..WTH?) in the same clothes he Ubered off the curb from NYJ stadium? Hell, state troopers at the gate said AB requested them “drive him to the airport”, when they denied his request, he called for an Uber.

He thanks the organization for restarting his career, then blames them for giving him a shot he didn’t know what it contained, and trashes the organization outright for “spinning” or lying about why he is or isn’t cut. Sorry, AB crossed over the Commish’s Shield a third time under the Player Conduct Policy for his ”trigger” based theatrics. That should be his third strike and being placed on the commissioner‘s exemption list should have been the first thing to come out of the league office to keep the legalities from the player to the Bucs organization out of the press. The league has already started collecting all recorded mics from player and coaches on the sideline to verify what was said.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
ok I am tempering this response with guarded resolve…that statement is the biggest load of horseshit known to man. Point of reference, count how many “I” and “me” in the statement. Sure he and his agent put their spin on it, just like the Bucs have, but if he was so injured or his ankle was so bad, how in the heck did he “go home” before seeing a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, have a diagnostic exam with imaging (MRI), and be given results….plus make it to the Nets game 3-4 hours later? (Where he was given a ovation..WTH?) in the same clothes he Ubered off the curb from NYJ stadium? Hell, state troopers at the gate said AB requested them “drive him to the airport”, when they denied his request, he called for an Uber.

He thanks the organization for restarting his career, then blames them for giving him a shot he didn’t know what it contained, and trashes the organization outright for “spinning” or lying about why he is or isn’t cut. Sorry, AB crossed over the Commish’s Shield a third time under the Player Conduct Policy for his ”trigger” based theatrics. That should be his third strike and being placed on the commissioner‘s exemption list should have been the first thing to come out of the league office to keep the legalities from the player to the Bucs organization out of the press. The league has already started collecting all recorded mics from player and coaches on the sideline to verify what was said.

GREAT POINTS Ike

I want actual evidence and not he said / little chest said which is both sides spewing bullshit to try and gain ground of covering their ***.

The NFL is no longer legitamit in near anything they touch. You can't beleive hardly anything from them, what about the Gruden & WFT investigation ? Hell Watson isn't even on the comissioner's exept list and look at his situation.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I will tell you with absolute certainty that even if BA had crossed a line and said you are done it was cause he just had enough. He is the coach of the team. If he says you are done then you are done. Go ****** sit wherever you want. They threw this tool a lifeline. But there is no ****** way it went down exactly like this POS said. His poor ankle doing jumping Jack's across the endzone. If it went down that road it was more like he was sulking and then used his ankle as an excuse and BA knew it.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Something tells me that both parties are telling their side and the truth is down the middle. AB probably is/was hurt and BA was tired of him. No matter what AB was telling the Bucs, they didn't seem to care or believe him, esp Bruce. He's trying to coach his team with a prima donna on his squad not wanting to play in the middle of a loss to the Jets. Maybe BA was done with him, his attitude and didn't take his words about his injury serious enough. Either way, wherever AB is, it's a clown show with drama.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Little chest mentioned that in his staement but did the TV camera happen to show it ??? I'm wondering due to that being some legitimacy to little chest"s statement.

If actually so then why the hell not ? Fined and ******* 40 lashes at the goal post.

Salute the nation
NFL has cameras on the sideline that would have caught this if it happened. Of course, we know what Ol' Rog does with tape/film/video that incriminates teams that Brady is playing for. ;)

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
BA ****** over AB...

AB snitched on BA...

I think BA is int trouble & AB will get another shot next year...

AB freakedout, but if BA slit his throat like it says, I'd of walked off the field too...

AB is still a drama queen that could have handled it like a mature adult, too. . .

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Have some of you heard something I did not because it seems like some are taking this at face value. C'mon.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if Arians did the throat cut gesture, it would have certainly been televised by now by ESPN

diver

Reaction score
Notice AB waited a number of days to release his statement. Probably read various defenses of his actions and put together this statement. Smart move I guess.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
For the record I don't care if he made the throat Slash gesture. That was intended for players in a OC situation. Antonio Brown signed a contract to play football. If he cannot play he can sit on IR. That is his right. At the end of the season the Bucs can release him tgat is their right and if someone is stupid enough to believe this **** and hurt their own culture that is their right.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Have some of you heard something I did not because it seems like some are taking this at face value. C'mon.
Only thing I've heard is some "A said, B said" back and forth. I have no reason to take EITHER at face value as they BOTH have reason to lie (and I believe to some extent they both are). I mean a HC says he didn't know his WR had an ankle problem after the WR has just been removed from IR for ... an ankle injury. AB is AB. We could and should have expected he'd run his spin game. But there's something also fishy about the stuff BA said also.

In short, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. BA lied. AB lied. AB will be out of the league and any wrongdoing by BA/the Bucs will be swept under the rug.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a college coach once tell me that the difference between an amateur and professional is how you deal with adversity. It's not the adversity that you measure a person with, it's how they respond to and deal with the adversity. Lets just pretend for one minute that AB is telling the truth that BA wanted him to play on an injured ankle and told him to leave the field when he refused. That has NOTHING to do with how he chose to leave the field. His actions had NOTHING to do with anything that BA told him. AB is just another immature and entitled athlete that has to blame someone else for everything he has ever done in his entire life. He has no concept of responsibility or accountability. If parents want to know why we have such an issue with entitlement in HS, and youth athletes...look what they see on TV, and then watch the owners that keep coddling to it because of a perceived incentive on the field. No owner or coach that has touched AB after his release from the Raiders had better NEVER comment on entitlement or the change in athletes as they continue to condone these actions.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
ON that 8-game suspention statis NOTE that he served that suspention while NOT signed to any team. How the hell was that a legitamit suspention.? Just another Manipulation of the system to give him another chance.

Salute the nation
Not necessarily. Any player rostered by any team gets an exemption if that player is serving a suspension. So even if he was rostered, it wouldn't cost a team that roster slot while he was serving his suspension.

Though I get the argument of not being able to serve a suspension if you're not rostered, though Josh Gordon did a couple seasons that way.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I will tell you with absolute certainty that even if BA had crossed a line and said you are done it was cause he just had enough. He is the coach of the team. If he says you are done then you are done. Go ****** sit wherever you want. They threw this tool a lifeline. But there is no ****** way it went down exactly like this POS said. His poor ankle doing jumping Jack's across the endzone. If it went down that road it was more like he was sulking and then used his ankle as an excuse and BA knew it.
Sask dropped the MOAB here.

Gruden deactivated Keyshawn Johnson until the end of the season (6 games) in the early 2000’s because of conduct deemed detrimental to the team. TB should deactivate AB and pay him his last game check, less fines and let him sit on the deactivated list until the season ends. Plain and simple.

There is a code by players, being “hurt” isn’t the same as being injured. Most players are hurting by the end of the year. The medical staff cleared him and AB ACCEPTED the shot. He wanted to get his incentives so that’s why he was playing. Speculation on my part, but he saw TB12 getting his *** handed to him and AB didn’t want to risk further risk to jeopardize his playoff chances. Sask wins the Chicken Dinner on his post.

steelville

Reaction score
If it quacks like a duck... He made a rash decision and then realized it will cost him a lot of $$$. Or his agent maybe did and then reminded him of that fact. And does anyone think he was the actual author of that statement? His agent stands to lose a lot of $$$ too. I hope he gets help, soon, for his own good.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
he didn't look to injured jumping around leaving the field

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
AB has CTE. You can't wish him to get better because he can't. He can't 'find the help he needs' because you can't repair plaqued damage to the cerebral cortex. He can't control his emotions, which is why he has these emotional outbursts at anytime for any reason. TX is right, AB's life is going to end violently, and unfortunately it will be when he is still young.

I talked with DK at the Podcasters dinner he hosted for us on Sunday night and he told me AB was the most appreciative, nicest guy in the locker room his first few years in the league. He didn't change until his 2nd contract. CTE is progressive, and builds upon previous damage over hundreds and thousands of hits. He is small in stature, and he's tough, but his brain felt every hit. It's why he's gotten progressively worse each year at being able to control his emotional outbursts each year. His poor decision making is now his MO. He is irrational, irritable, and violent/ aggressive toward women and strangers. He can't improve, he's only going to get worse.

There is no test you can do for CTE yet while the person is alive, since you have to slice the brain and look at it under a microscope, but if there was ever a case study for increased irrational emotional outbursts over time, this is it. The statement put out by his lawyer/agent is not going to help AB at all. Just another way to make his uncontrollable behavior seem justified. Don't get me wrong there are some dangerous practices in the NFL that have never been attacked this publicly and some medical treatment issues need to be addressed within the league, but this was done as a smokescreen to take away from ABs inability to act rationally in emotionally stressed situations.

Will he take his own life like Seau? Will he kill his wife and kids like Chris Benoit? Will he shoot at helicopters or die in a fiery car crash like Ernie Holmes? Or will he die destitute and homeless by separating himself from everyone like Mike Webster? Jury is out, but for AB and his continuing inability to handle strong emotions, it is not going to end well.