• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Any Millionaires/Billionaires Here At SN?

I techically am a millioniare but no. I have to go out and buy milk.

I stayed at a holiday inn express parking lot tent camp before

I'm rich in friends, and that's what really matters.

So can my friends and I go??

I identify as a billionaire. I need the government to pay for my bank account transition. It's easy to do, just send a few billion less to Ukraine.

p.s. I've learned this week that carbon fiber is a bad material to use on the hull of deep water submarines.

S***, and I was 2/3 of the way through 3D printing my own deep sea exploration vessel.

What could possibly go wrong?
This whole episode made me think of this:

I'm rich in friends, and that's what really matters.

So can my friends and I go??
Ogurr has your phone number. Technically, you're now in the negative.

I identify as a billionaire. I need the government to pay for my bank account transition. It's easy to do, just send a few billion less to Ukraine.

p.s. I've learned this week that carbon fiber is a bad material to use on the hull of deep water submarines.
James Cameron and Robert Ballard were on TV over the weekend and said that carbon fiber is good at internal pressure like a scuba tank but not so good at external pressure like a submarine hull.

James Cameron and Robert Ballard were on TV over the weekend and said that carbon fiber is good at internal pressure like a scuba tank but not so good at external pressure like a submarine hull.

Yeah I was reading them too. It caught my curiosity. It's also a lot safer than I thought it was. This is the first fatality for these deep diving subs. Hell they've gone 3 times deeper.

These nitwits skipped all of the proper testing protocol with an untested material. If I'm the families of those killed I'm pretty pissed.

Yeah I was reading them too. It caught my curiosity. It's also a lot safer than I thought it was. This is the first fatality for these deep diving subs. Hell they've gone 3 times deeper.

I read several years ago about some people taking a submersible to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Really, 35,000 feet down??

I had a physics professor in high school who taught us about the force of air pressure. He boiled water in a 1-gallon gas can, put on the lid. (Back in those days you just screwed on the lid.) As the temperature inside the gas can cooled and the air molecules slowed down, the external air pressure crushed the gas can.

Imagine what 35,000 feet of water pressure (15,700 lbs. psi!) would do. Yeah, no.

I read several years ago about some people taking a submersible to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Really, 35,000 feet down??

I had a physics professor in high school who taught us about the force of air pressure. He boiled water in a 1-gallon gas can, put on the lid. (Back in those days you just screwed on the lid.) As the temperature inside the gas can cooled and the air molecules slowed down, the external air pressure crushed the gas can.

Imagine what 35,000 feet of water pressure (15,700 lbs. psi!) would do. Yeah, no.
That’s almost as strong as the jackhammer dildo Tibs uses.