• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Any Thoughts on Making a Deal for Russell Wilson

Respect the Nation

Registered
Reaction score
I for one think he would be a great fit for us. He’s well seasoned and proven with a better arm than anyone we currently have. He makes good reads when given enough protection from the line. He’s still capable of being a real running threat. He keeps in great shape and one of the few old quarterbacks in the league that isn’t prone to incapacitating injuries. Let me say that again, one of the very few old school league quarterbacks not prone to costly injuries. I hear he’s a study and would adapt to a new team readily if given a sincere opportunity. I’m bias first to my Steelersbut have found myself gasping way too much these past three seasons. I want a workable fix and I feel Wilson could be that answer. What are the thoughts on this from my fellow nation?

for-you-unzip.gif.b4c4c75aa4f5abac4d46e5949587e9d1.gif

to much baggage, seems Pete Coddled him in Sea, and now when he has a real coach he can't take criticism.
Backup Options I consider pushing Kenny, 4th rnd and future conditional 4 2025 for Fields
FA-wise,
- Cousins, is a qb you can do a 1-2 year go in win mode now, like make bold moves, like maybe trade for Donald, a tier 1 CB, and seriously push the Rats and Bengals for the North crown
-Jimmy G vet but can't stay healthy and maybe just slightly better than Mason as accurate and mobile.
-Minshew will command probably 8-10 mill on 2 years but will push Kenny in mini camp n camp n pre-season for the starting job. If you are Khan and are tempting by JJ or Nix but don't want to go want vs Need he should be a priority
-Bayker probably will want a long-term or assurance where he is competing vs a rook and starting is pretty much guaranteed.

Brissett, Dobbs I don't see how they are better than mason.

Not at all, but the Steelers need to be in the QB market this offseason.

Absolutely not. I'd roll with Mason first. They'll bring in a veteran, but he's not going to be overpriced.

How about we sign him after they cut him? Nobody should want to touch that ridiculous contract.

I mean i like Wilson but he definitely took a rep hit with the entitled bs in Denver…

Also its just going to be Pickett next year for everyone who is getting their hopes up too much… hell it may be him next week…

No choice but to have faith in FO id love to see Wilson in black & yellow. We do not have a QB on the roster with his talent or resume and who do you draft at QB at 15 next year?

No choice but to have faith in FO id love to see Wilson in black & yellow. We do not have a QB on the roster with his talent or resume and who do you draft at QB at 15 next year?
Black and Gold

while the Times have changed, the Steelers have not.

Absolutely hell fukking no, let Russell go take up a roster spot on some other team.

Why would the Steelers trade for an over the hill quarterback when we have Kenny.

Why would the Steelers trade for an over the hill quarterback when we have Kenny.
Not gonna bash Kenny because he's pretty much exactly what I thought he'd be, a middle-of-the-pack, post franchise reach.

But you gotta appreciate that Mason has performed well. To deny that is blatant subjective analysis.

Tomlin brought in Vick, because he was a veteran and mobile. He will bring in Wilson for the same reasons. This will also bring a lot of soap opera drama. But I think Tomlin likes the soap opera mode.