• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson

That 30 yard pass today showed why he should start and we have a damn good quarterback. When the ball is snapped, he is looking right. Makes the safeties go to where he is looking and bam, quickly turns and passes to Pickens for that monster gain. That pass was perfect. All Russ needs to do is be patient with the run and the game will come to him and he knows this. He knows it’s ok to punt it away and come back at it again rather than forcing a costly turnover. Looking forward to the season

I would take a 3rd or better for Wilson right now, wouldn’t even blink. This year is going to be brutal and a development year all at the same time. Get a pick for next year, take the lumps, actually spend effort developing young players and then reset next year.
Shades scoffs at your idea of a development year.
F*** development, we have to get to that precious +.500 record.

Shades scoffs at your idea of a development year.
F*** development, we have to get to that precious +.500 record.

If they want to make a run for it this year, they need to stick with Russ. He gives them a better chance. However, if they start 1-3 or 2-6, I’m making the switch and then maybe trading him.

I don't quite know what Russell Wilson did to anybody, but holy shiit. Everybody is ripping him. It's an everyday thing, and what has the guy done? It's gotta be he isn't gangsta enough, because he is open season even for the white commentators. They don't even come after Deshaun Watson or someone like this. Mark Schelerth won't shut up on Wilson. Said today it was bad for Sean Payton. Bad for Sean Payton? The guy is one of the bigger asssholes in the NFL.

C'mon Wilson. Shut some people up.

I don't quite know what Russell Wilson did to anybody, but holy shiit. Everybody is ripping him. It's an everyday thing, and what has the guy done? It's gotta be he isn't gangsta enough, because he is open season even for the white commentators. They don't even come after Deshaun Watson or someone like this. Mark Schelerth won't shut up on Wilson. Said today it was bad for Sean Payton. Bad for Sean Payton? The guy is one of the bigger asssholes in the NFL.

Me either…

Steelers WR Calvin Austin III's Belief In Russell Wilson As A Leader Is Rising: "Brings The Whole Team Together"​

I really dont get it... Wilson has flaws, sure... but even if he threw his career lows for yards the next two years, he will pass Warren Moon as the most prolific Black QB in passing yards ever ( at least until Mahomes, who is going to be the most prolific passer period, passes him three years later or so)... he can get right behind Moon in spot #14 with 3351 yards this year..

As for Tds, Russ is already 13th all time. He started playing in 2012.. Nobody who started from 2010 till now is even within 64 tds of him... Mahomes and MAYBE Prescott will ultimately surpass him, but he is damn good in that area too...

Typically the press is sloberknocking these kinds of guys...
Instead they are openly rooting for Fields to surplant him

I really dont get it... Wilson has flaws, sure... but even if he threw his career lows for yards the next two years, he will pass Warren Moon as the most prolific Black QB in passing yards ever ( at least until Mahomes, who is going to be the most prolific passer period, passes him three years later or so)... he can get right behind Moon in spot #14 with 3351 yards this year..

As for Tds, Russ is already 13th all time. He started playing in 2012.. Nobody who started from 2010 till now is even within 64 tds of him... Mahomes and MAYBE Prescott will ultimately surpass him, but he is damn good in that area too...

On top of his great play over the years, he seems like a pretty good dude too. Maybe a little corny at times but overall a model player.

Nice post !

There's often a lot of criticism of a good/great player who has gotten to a certain age ( Cam anyone? ) and sometimes that criticism is warranted, sometimes not.
I don't think anyone is mistaking 2024 Wilson with 2017-2020 Wilson but he brings a lot to the Steelers, and is a huge upgrade (IMO) from our last few QBs.
Upgrade? Possibly. Have we really seen him this training camp? Not to bring politics into this forum but he is our Kamula Harris.

Speaking of Mahomes…

Thank you.

On top of his great play over the years, he seems like a pretty good dude too. Maybe a little corny at times but overall a model player.
A lot of Denver players were not fond of him
Allegedly a poor team mate

I’m over all the rumors

He’s a Steeler now and appears to be trying to be a leader, I don’t give two ***** what happened in Seattle or Denver

What can ya do for the Steelers this year Russ???

That’s the question

I don't understand the Russ hate around the league and the media. His play has fallen off a bit from his glory years but he's talked about like he's the worst QB in the league. Jacoby Brissett gets talked about in higher regard.

It seems Russ started to butt heads in Seattle. Tom Brady gets what he wants. Aaron Rodgers can force the Jets to hire clown Nathaniel Hackett. That's fine. But let Russ voice an opinion and he's a diva who must go.

Fine so he's traded to Denver who was dumb enough to hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC. It was a disaster and he was gone after 1 year. Enter Sean Payton who did not want Russ and threw him under the bus at every opportunity. Russ may not have been a fit in Payton's system but he could have modified it to fit his QB. Nope. Then they ask Russ to waive an injury clause in his contract. Who would ever do that? The NFLPA should have filed a grievance. I have no idea why they didn't. Waive your injury clause or you're benched.

It seems Payton and the Broncos just wanted to blame everything on Russ. Payton is an egomaniac. He gave away Jerry Jeudy. Supposedly he doesn't like RB Javonte Williams. He was shopping Courtland Sutton. He just cut the 2nd best WR he had, Tim Patrick.

So now the narrative is that the Steelers have no shot because Russ is awful. No such reservations about the Vikes who are starting Sam Darnold. No such doom predicted for Deshaun Watson who looks like a backup high school QB since arriving in Cleveland. Anthony Richardson looks clueless. Derek Carr has been nothing but mediocre in his career but he's rock solid and Super Bowl champ Russel Wilson is a problem.

This Arthur Smith system fits Wilson's strengths. It's closer to what he was doing in Seattle. Run with Marshawn Lynch and hit them with some play action.
But no, we should only judge Russ based on his last few years with Seattle when the defense and OL and run game went away, and on his 2 dysfunctional years in Denver.

Tape we will see really soon if Russ has anything left, or more appropriately, if he can clear all of the hurdles in a Tomlin offense
It seems he may be aligned to the conservative style and may be a hurdler (as both guys believe the middle of the field is lava)

we will soon start to get some answers at any rate
my guess is he average at best (which would rate him much higher than the bulk of last year's QB play for the Steelers)
will average be good enough???

Hope like hell he shocks me and is good-great

Russ is undeniably an upgrade over kenny and Fields. We don't need him to be prime Russ, we just need him not to be no touchdown kenny or Turnover machine Justin. I have more optimism regarding Wilson than I do Justin Fields or Arthur Smith, He's actually done something, top 10 QB in the league for multiple years, won a SB and would have won 2 if Pete Carrol didn't get cute on the goal line. Smith and Fields have won nothing and are widely hated by their former teams/ fanbases, and mocked by the talking heads. Atleast Wilson should be respected for a good to great career.