• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Apparently, we are back to giving the enemies our plans

I'm sure Mattis is leaving because Trump is ready to pull troops out of the ME. He is already talking about leaving Afghanistan. Not a moment too soon IMHO.

Salt the poppy fields on our way out of Afghanistan a la Carthage, another thumb to the eye of the deep state and especially big pharma. Sorry boys, be about 6 years before business as usual.

Salt the poppy fields on our way out of Afghanistan a la Carthage, another thumb to the eye of the deep state and especially big pharma. Sorry boys, be about 6 years before business as usual.

Works for me. Like the history tidbit as well.

I read that Trump is only talking about pulling 3,000 troops out of Afghanistan. There are between 14-15,000 here now. Pulling out 3,000 is not enough.

One thing that struck me. Lindsey Graham tweeted that "Our Afghan partners are incapable of subduing the threat posed by ISIS-K alone." Well, I got news for him. That is exactly the ******* problem. We have been training and equipping these ******** since AT LEAST 2010. AT LEAST.

They have nearly every damn piece of high tech equipment our guys are using. We have shown them tactics. And our guys are embedded in the units with them, going on missions and getting killed due to their incompetence. To me, it is a matter of will. And they do not have it.

How much longer do our Soldiers have to sacrifice and die until our "Afghan Partners" are ready to take their country back for themselves? At some point, it becomes sink or swim. Free or Taliban. We can't keep bailing them out in the hopes that they eventually figure it out.

And while I'm thinking about it, we need to shut down the welfare state down here. The world's armies are being fed, housed and clothed on the American taxpayer dime. And with the exception of the Poles and Czech's, all I ever see any of them doing is ******* around at the PX eating pizza and bullshitting around on base doing what appears to be nothing of any import.

IWe have been training and equipping these ******** since AT LEAST 2010. AT LEAST.

Time to shut in down. When needed, send drones. Use drones to deliver ordinance, I know to be totally effective, they need men on the ground, **** it. We should have Afghani assets that will point us Taliban training camps, then we drop some **** on them.

Don't we have daily satelitte footage?

Drones, F-16's and AH-64D/E's are in the air almost constantly pounding these guys. The AH64 unit alone has over 500 kills in roughly 6 months. To me that is the problem. WE are doing the killing. Aviation, ODA, mortars, artillery, infantry. Where the **** are our Afghan partners? From what I hear, we keep catching them coming the other way. **** these guys.

I don't have a problem withdrawing from Syria and Afghanistan. I agree with ark though...making this big announcement that we've defeated ISIS and are leaving is just music to their ears. The leftists will throw it back in his face when things inevitably go to **** there (even worse **** than they already are). Should have just slowly and quietly started to draw down, but his ego won't let him do anything the smart way. .

There's two way to do this.

1) End the conflicts and pull everyone out.

2) Plus back up to about 75,000 ground forces, drop the stupid rules of engagement and pound the living **** out of these *******. I mean just ruthlessly and mercilessly bury the bad guys where the stand.

Pulling out 3,000-7,000 troops by summer is a retarded strategy. We have enough issues as it is. Pare it down to half and I can't see where anything gets better, and personally, I think it invites more brazen attacks. No way this ends well, half assing like this.

Drones, F-16's and AH-64D/E's are in the air almost constantly pounding these guys. The AH64 unit alone has over 500 kills in roughly 6 months. To me that is the problem. WE are doing the killing. Aviation, ODA, mortars, artillery, infantry. Where the **** are our Afghan partners? From what I hear, we keep catching them coming the other way. **** these guys.

Vietnam v.2

2) Plus back up to about 75,000 ground forces, drop the stupid rules of engagement and pound the living **** out of these *******. I mean just ruthlessly and mercilessly bury the bad guys where the stand.

Pulling out 3,000-7,000 troops by summer is a retarded strategy. We have enough issues as it is. Pare it down to half and I can't see where anything gets better, and personally, I think it invites more brazen attacks. No way this ends well, half assing like this.

The Rules of Engagement issue is my problem. When we started in Iraq and Afghanistan, I thought we had the will to win it, but, as usual, politics crept in.

If you are not in it to win it, get out.

So funny, everyone is losing their **** over Mattis. The lefties hated him when Trump hired him and now they act like the sky is falling. A couple months ago Trump said that Mattis is pretty much a democrat and he'd probably be gone soon. Next man up.

I also find it moderately amusing that the same people saying that these wars are criminal and that we shouldn't even be there suddenly think that pulling the troops out is a bad idea.

It's pretty big news. Trump kicked the **** out of ISIS in Syria in less than 2 years. Obama couldn't / wouldn't do it in 8 years.

While this is true, I think there was also a quiet deal with the Russians.

I also find it moderately amusing that the same people saying that these wars are criminal and that we shouldn't even be there suddenly think that pulling the troops out is a bad idea.

Because in their mind everything President Trump does is a bad idea. Even if it's something they wanted three years ago. TDS.

I think the truth of it is Afghanistan is ruled by various warlord groups, and the true mission was to get ISIS out, and the warlords who aided them.

We had few true allies. I'll take a regional dictator who knows his place and boundaries over a terrorist organization ruling any day.

Afganistan has its share of national resources. Those who control them have the $$$, which is something ISIS or a group like them should never get.

I don't have a problem withdrawing from Syria and Afghanistan. I agree with ark though...making this big announcement that we've defeated ISIS and are leaving is just music to their ears. The leftists will throw it back in his face when things inevitably go to **** there (even worse **** than they already are). Should have just slowly and quietly started to draw down, but his ego won't let him do anything the smart way. .

Syria is Russia's ally. Let them destroy ISIS as long as they don't use chemicals and gas on the population. Syria won't be back to strength for at least a decade.

Bigger problems like Iran and North Korea are far more important. We'll see if diplomacy works with Kim Jon Un. Iran can not actin nuclear weapons because they are religious fanatics, and would use them against the other Muslim sects, and Isreal, with the USA being a target if possible.

And let's not forget the prostitute of the Middle East in Turkey, who plays both sides.

In terms of priority

1 ) Iran
2 ) North Korea

There is not a close 3rd.

Last edited:
Syria is Russia's ally. Let them destroy ISIS as long as they don't use chemicals and gas on the population. Syria won't be back to strength for at least a decade.

Bigger problems like Iran and North Korea are far more important. We'll see if diplomacy works with Kim Jon Un. Iran can not actin nuclear weapons because they are religious fanatics, and would use them against the other Muslim sects, and Isreal, with the USA being a target if possible.

And let's not forget the prostitute of the Middle East in Turkey, who plays both sides.

In terms of priority

1 ) Iran
2 ) North Korea

There is not a close 3rd.

Then to add to the complexity Putins invasion of Korea.

Last edited:
Then to add to the complexity Putins invasion of Korea.

?? That would not happen. How is he going to invade Korea? China is geographically attached to North Korea, its the only land route in and its filled with mountains. In addition, China has militarized what they view their sea, making man-made islands for bases and would not welcome Russian ships and planes.

?? That would not happen. How is he going to invade Korea? China is geographically attached to North Korea, its the only land route in and its filled with mountains. In addition, China has militarized what they view their sea, making man-made islands for bases and would not welcome Russian ships and planes.
I think he's referring to Maxine Waters dumbass statement. God help us.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think he's referring to Maxine Waters dumbass statement. God help us.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Oh that explains it. I'm for an IQ test for all congress people and senators. 90 or below you are unfit to serve, which means Waters would be out.

I'm for 2. If they're not going to destroy them ruthlessly then get out. They understand ruthless very well. Getting the politicians and media out of it is the only problem. I'm not sure that's possible at this point in time.

You can't reason with an ideology like Islam that's been poured into their brains since childhood. Everything they do to the infidel is justified.

I'd get everyone out of the middle east. Any of them ever **** with us again nuke them.

Last edited:
I'm for 2. If they're not going to destroy them ruthlessly then get out. They understand ruthless very well. Getting the politicians and media out of it is the only problem. I'm not sure that's possible at this point in time.

You can't reason with an ideology like Islam that's been poured into their brains since childhood. Everything they do to the infidel is justified.

I'd get everyone out of the middle east. Any of them ever **** with us again nuke them.

With Jihadis, you need to go scorched earth. That is all they understand.

Why you don’t brag about “defeating ISIS” when you still have troops there.

I’m waiting to hear from my uncle regarding my cousin who is in Manbij.

Why you don’t brag about “defeating ISIS” when you still have troops there.

I’m waiting to hear from my uncle regarding my cousin who is in Manbij.

I assume you are talking about the suicide bombing yesterday. Yep, that was bad. I sincerely hope your cousin is ok.