• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Apparently, we are back to giving the enemies our plans

I assume you are talking about the suicide bombing yesterday. Yep, that was bad. I sincerely hope your cousin is ok.

I, too, hope your cousin is OK.

It seems strange, to me. US announces it has defeated ISIS and is removing troops from Syria. ISIS, instead of waiting for us to leave and then trying to take over again, does the ONE thing almost guaranteeing we will stay. Then takes credit for it.

Yeah, I agree, it is certainly odd. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would almost think this happened to ensure we would stay. You know, like maybe someone changed their mind, but doesn’t want to admit it and look bad. I certainly hope that isn’t the case, and this was just the bad guys getting lucky.

They don't care if we stay, they just need to prove that they still exist, so they can continue to recruit and fundraise.

They don't care if we stay, they just need to prove that they still exist, so they can continue to recruit and fundraise.

They could better prove they exist by waiting until we leave, then have free reign. They could even show how much smarter they are the The Great Satan by detailing how they went into hibernation until The Great Satan thought they were beat.

Yeah, I agree, it is certainly odd. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would almost think this happened to ensure we would stay. You know, like maybe someone changed their mind, but doesn’t want to admit it and look bad. I certainly hope that isn’t the case, and this was just the bad guys getting lucky.

It goes back to the original chemical attacks, which, I think was the final straw on getting us involved. The Syrian forces knew using chemical attacks would, pretty much, force our hand. Then used them? Seemed odd, then, seems odder, now.

My cousins OK. It’s not lost on me that someone else’s family isn’t as fortunate.

Many years ago, my kids was ill and in the hospital for several days. We knew it wasn't terminal and, after a few days he would be going home with us, which made us happy. However, walking through the halls of that Children's Hospital, we saw several kids who were, pretty obviously, not going home with their parents, ever. Tempered my emotions quite a bit.

Just about sums up much of this thread. Thank you Rand Paul. Oh, and 21, here's 51 billion.

Afganistan has its share of national resources. Those who control them have the $$$, which is something ISIS or a group like them should never get.

China has the mineral rights here in Afghanistan. GIROA awarded that to them a few years back. Problem is, they can't get to much of it because it's too damn dangerous.