• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are the Steelers too undisciplined?

Simply can’t give the man his due, nor any credit for managing personalities and coaching eh ?

The hate for Tomlin on this board is what’s ridiculous…
AB just kept getting worse and worse overtime. If he had come back to the Steelers I bet he would have been out of control

Simply can’t give the man his due, nor any credit for managing personalities and coaching eh ?

From the article... "
Over the last three years, the Steelers have committed 30 infractions, which the NFL labels as penalties that "affects the competitive aspects of the game." In those three seasons, Pittsburgh has committed 30 infractions, ranking highest in the league above the Dallas Cowboys with 25.

The most alarming part of the study is the fine totals. The Cowboys have been hit with $292,158 in fines over the last three seasons. The Steelers have been fined $5,342,533 over the time.
The most common offense committed by Pittsburgh Steelers’ players over this period was making obscene gestures - interestingly, all of which occurred during week 12 of the schedule each year - while unsportsmanlike conduct was also a frequent issue,"

Nah, give Tomlin his due...they aren't undisciplined at all!

give me a break

Just a question

How many of you have had the opportunity to manage/lead a fairly large group of young men?....

And then top it off that most of them have a little bit of money and fame, and been entitled since they played high school football.

And I gotta say this…Tomlin is the ONLY coach to be able to handle AB’s ego, mental illness, stupidity & get undisputed HOF worthy production from him.

Facts…

Because you say it is a Fact, doesn’t mean it is a fact.

Tomlin was t5hink ONLY ONE TO HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH the ****-head. If little chest would have come along durring Cowher’s time, it yet to be determined how he would have handled it.

The Cowher team wouldn’t have taken the **** off AB that Tomlin’s team seemed to have taken. AB may not have even been on the team.

Of course all mine and your’s is speculation and at what cost did Tomlin pay for the idiot player compromise…………………

Could easily be lost championships.

Salute the nation

Just a question

How many of you have had the opportunity to manage/lead a fairly large group of young men?....

And then top it off that most of them have a little bit of money and fame, and been entitled since they played high school football.

All you have to do is look at the professional sports world. The majority of the coaches handle the young rich men quite well. Look across the board…. Hockey / Soccer / football / Basketball / Base all………… the list goes on………

I understand your point amongst us mortal fans, but step up to the professionals and you will get a better answer.

Salute the nation

There is absolutely no hate whatsoever for Tomlin. Just facts over a pretty long timeline.

I want him to succeed.That means the team succeeds.

I try to approach every new year with a fresh attitude and hope that the current trend of middle of the pack mediocre every year changes.

But the reality of the last 10+ years still exists. No rah rah stuff will change history.

It took drafting Ben to get over the hump of winning a superbowl for Cowher. I was certainly not happy losing so many AFCCG, but at least the team was banging on the door damn near every year.

This team has been down the hallway and around the corner from the door for a long time. Probably working on td dances and endzone team photo routines.

Save it for the confetti game.

Again. There's absolutely no hate here,only a desire to see the team reach the top again.

I'm optimistic this year. I'm not so optimistic about the OC.

There is absolutely no hate whatsoever for Tomlin. Just facts over a pretty long timeline.

I want him to succeed.That means the team succeeds.

I try to approach every new year with a fresh attitude and hope that the current trend of middle of the pack mediocre every year changes.

But the reality of the last 10+ years still exists. No rah rah stuff will change history.

It took drafting Ben to get over the hump of winning a superbowl for Cowher. I was certainly not happy losing so many AFCCG, but at least the team was banging on the door damn near every year.

This team has been down the hallway and around the corner from the door for a long time. Probably working on td dances and endzone team photo routines.

Save it for the confetti game.

Again. There's absolutely no hate here,only a desire to see the team reach the top again.

I'm optimistic this year. I'm not so optimistic about the OC.

EXCELLENT POST and thanks for all the great ones along the way !!!

NO hate here either, just want to succeed. History has repeated itself for at least 3 years, but many more before that, just not leading the NFL in penalty proof.

Salute the nation

Just a question

And then top it off that most of them have a little bit of money and fame…
Finally someone gets it…Great point…Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL at dealing with these young dudes…

Too many old timers here just don’t get it.

And never will…

Does anyone else worry about George once he starts making those catches in actual games? I saw he threw the ball at JP2 after his one handed catch. Great catch but 15 of those yards probably coming back in a real game with a stunt like that. Those negative plays kill drives.

Finally someone gets it…Great point…Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL at dealing with these young dudes…

And never will…
That is demonstrably untrue. Tomlin's players have more unsportsmanlike calls against than 31 other teams. Further, the NFL has penalized those players more than 10x the second worst offending team.

How do you possibly get that Tomlin is the best in the NFL at handling these guys, when 31 other teams do better and the NFL is smacking the hell out of Steeler players with huge fines?

Abou 20 years ago, I used to chaperone for my old high school on various trips. One summer a youth group out of the high school was going to a university out by Kansas City for a week long event and I was one of probably a half dozen chaperones…
It wasn’t strict and everyone was pretty laid back and the teens were allowed to pretty much have fun within the boundaries of reason.. but a group of the guys were really into “Jackass” back then, and one in particular was out of control.
Besides a dozen minor goofball things he did that probably crossed the line, (he got himself thrown out of a walmart for hiding in clothes rack and trying to scare little old ladies with a werewolf mask).. he finally went way too far.

He broke into the adjoining Basketball camp that was being held by some pro, stole all the basketballs he could get, and bowled them down a hill into a pond ( all while being filmed by his friends) … afterwards while he was supposed to be quarantined in his room until we could make a decision about what to do with him, he snuck out and more or less accosted another chapperone.

A youth pastor friend of mine from Pittsburgh happened to be a guest speaker at the event midweek, and we decided to send the kid home with him. His mom went psycho ballistic on us for not letting him stay with his friends… but every other kid in that group was a model citizen the rest of the trip and the ones i went on after that… and don’t get me wrong… they still had their own weird wacky fun… they just didn’t go overboard…

The moral of the story is set boundaries and discipline the guys that go way over and tge rest will toe the line…

Does anyone else worry about George once he starts making those catches in actual games? I saw he threw the ball at JP2 after his one handed catch. Great catch but 15 of those yards probably coming back in a real game with a stunt like that. Those negative plays kill drives.
I just hope he has a more diversified route tree this year and doesn't have to rely on running straight down the field to make those circus catches.

Because you say it is a Fact, doesn’t mean it is a fact.

Tomlin was t5hink ONLY ONE TO HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH the ****-head. If little chest would have come along durring Cowher’s time, it yet to be determined how he would have handled it.

The Cowher team wouldn’t have taken the **** off AB that Tomlin’s team seemed to have taken. AB may not have even been on the team.

Of course all mine and your’s is speculation and at what cost did Tomlin pay for the idiot player compromise…………………

Could easily be lost championships.

Salute the nation
100% Carlton Haselrig comes to mind. He was in a bad space and Cowher was sick of his ****. Pro Guard...Gone! The last straw was him punching a Cop up in Richland.

And never will…
Oh we get it. your precious snowflake generation thinks it's special taking duck lipped selfies and making tiktok videos of **** you're going to regret when you get our age. But, us Gen-Xers just dont give a ****.

The fact that the Steelers are fined 1800% more than the SECOND most penalized team in the NFL and RANK FIRST in obscene genstures and unsportsman like conduct you ******* snowflakes have the audacity to say that Coach Tomlin isn't just GOOD at handling these head cases, but he's the BEST NFL coach to do it? SMH

Facts just hurt your feelings I guess.

Just a question

Just a question

How many people here are getting paid millions of dollars a year to manage/lead a fairly large group of young men.

What I can/can't do is in no way tied to or related to the expectations of a professional coach.

Yep...that and just wait until he feels that he doesn't get the ball enough....

Bad things man....bad things...

And the worst part is that The Steelers have no veteran leadership on offense capable of reeling this knucklehead in...

BTW---as I mentioned the over/under is 8 for unsportsmen like/personal foul/offensive interference penalties against Georgie this season..
Personally---I'm taking the over.

Yep...that and just wait until he feels that he doesn't get the ball enough....

Bad things man....bad things...

And the worst part is that The Steelers have no veteran leadership on offense capable of reeling this knucklehead in...

BTW---as I mentioned the over/under is 8 for unsportsmen like/personal foul/offensive interference penalties against Georgie this season..
Personally---I'm taking the over.
I have read that Allen Robinson and George were rooming together at camp. Robinson has always been a mature and intelligent player so hopefully he can mentor George and perhaps limit the antics. For all means have fun but don't taunt and get stupid flags.

I have read that Allen Robinson and George were rooming together at camp. Robinson has always been a mature and intelligent player so hopefully he can mentor George and perhaps limit the antics. For all means have fun but don't taunt and get stupid flags.
Tomlin should tell that whole team that if they feel like strutting around and doing tgat **** after a big play, come over to the sideline and do it to him… that way they can attention ***** and not draw penalties

Pickens should learn from WRs Fitzpatrick and Green, those two guys were always class acts and dominated the league. Ward is a good example too, way more aggressive on the field yet always a pro.

One can only hope....but I am very skeptical.

Oh we get it. your precious snowflake generation thinks it's special taking duck lipped selfies and making tiktok videos of **** you're going to regret when you get our age. But, us Gen-Xers just dont give a ****.

The fact that the Steelers are fined 1800% more than the SECOND most penalized team in the NFL and RANK FIRST in obscene genstures and unsportsman like conduct you ******* snowflakes have the audacity to say that Coach Tomlin isn't just GOOD at handling these head cases, but he's the BEST NFL coach to do it? SMH

You forgot to tell him to get off the lawn, lol.

You’re right you know !!!!! FACTs have a two way street that can be well traveled……………. In this case, it’s a one way >

Salute the nation

BTW---I have another personal over/under going this season...

It is 3 for the times that I say or probably mumble, I wish we would of resigned 34....

And I gotta say this…Tomlin is the ONLY coach to be able to handle AB’s ego, mental illness, stupidity & get undisputed HOF worthy production from him.

Facts…
My comment wasn’t a criticism of Tomlin. It was of your analysis. How you can compare Tomlin getting more production of AB in the total prime of his career, to when Gruden,Belicheat had him for is beyond me. Ridiculous.