• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are there Medicaid cuts or not?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Unclear on the Medicaid funding reality for this latest healthcare bill. Is it really cutting Medicaid, or reducing the currently planned increase in Medicaid funding?

To people it was meant for like my elderly parents who paid into their whole lives? No. To the deadbeats riding on the coat tails of people that produce? Yes.

from ark's link:

But, of course, in Washington D.C. anything that’s not an increase in spending is considered a cut.

Someone on the republican side should make a big ******* deal out of what these clowns are calling cuts. It isn't argued loudly enough IMO. They could just say, "We taking $XX more from the taxpayers over the next ten years. Tell me how that is a cut?".

And time you have tax cuts or money given back to the people. They call it taking away from people. The trouble with taxes is it never ever ends because they will always blow the money,end up in the hole and ask for more more more. At some point you then just work for the state.

A congressman from Wisconsin was on NPR this morning and he said federal Medicaid spending went from $200 billion to $400 billion in the last 10 years (doubled). He tried to explain the "cuts" are just an attempt to slow this increase down, give control back to the states to find ways to fix the bloated increases.

I'm not in total support of what is happening with health care, but I agree with him 100% on this issue.