• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Asian stock markets dropping hard

way ahead on this.

1. Acreage?- Check
2. growing old food? check 2 years worth in freezer/dehydrated or canned. and growing moew
3.Firearms? check. what is the saying? better bring yours when you come and take mine
4. ammo? check
5.Water supply? check. and 1 years worth of bottled in basement
6. Dried food? 2 years' worth
7. wet food? have some not a lot
8. gas masks? check
9. Seeds for future? check
10. hope that this is for nothing? dbl chk
1. Acreage?- Check, almost 12,000 of them for 6 families
2. Growing own food? Check, 6000 acres of winter and spring wheat, 1000 acres of barley, 1000 acres of canola, 500 hamburger production units, stocked trout pond. Assorted gardens, chickens, pheasants, turkeys, goats and pigs that the wimen folk and kidlets raise. Also some primo hunting for Deer, Elk, Antelope and the occasional Moose.
3.Firearms? check. we have enough, and hope to get some bigger hardware from the National Guard Base
4. ammo? check, plenty, as well as reload capabilities for a small expeditionary force
5.Water supply? check. 3 springs, 2 creeks, 1 pond, 5 wells (all of which still have windmill jacks that can be hooked back up if needed
6. Dried food? at least a couple of years, decades more if we still have all the grain bins full
7. wet food? I am assuming this is canned foods? a couple years
8. gas masks? check, old ones, should probably be replaced
9. Seeds for future? check, my wife is the seed librarian
10. Fuel, check, we have an oil press and can convert canola to biofuel (about 300 gallons a week)
11. Clothing, check, my SIL and nieces have looms and wheels to produce fabric. You won’t get new clothes real fast though
12. Power, check 4 10k arrays with 60k storage all cross connected to feed 6 houses and various shops and outbuildings.
13. Isolation, BIG CHECK, nearest non family neighbors 10 miles by road
14. Sawmill and harvestable timber, check
15. Firewood, check at least 40 cords split and stacked, as well as a processor that we made years ago.
16. Alcohol, check, we make most of our own. Those that drink the more bougee stuff, I assume have that handled too. I have a friend that has a small batch malting house, so we are good there. We supply the wheat and barley, and he takes 60%.

The only thing I truly worry about is medications that a few members are on. It’s really hard to stockpile those in any real quantity.

This is not anything new that our family is doing, we have been prepared for generation. We just are more prepared today because of technology advancements. I imagine that if the SHTF we may be stretched thin if remote family members are able to reach the “compound”, but they should be bringing supplies too.

I'm just afraid that stuff is going to get too bad for Trump to fix.

Later today or tomorrow we find out if the bounce is dead cat or real.....

You know, I don't think the country as a whole deserves Trump. If enough people don't wake up, then the people get the government they deserve as is said. I would be happy for him if he could enjoy Barron and family and the remaining years of his life assuming they back the dogs off if they remove him at the ballot box. People should be stampeding each other everywhere to vote for DT. This should be Reagan-Mondale 1984 with Kamala avoiding the shutout by winnning Minnesota to avoid complete 50-0 humiliation. The fact that it's even close shows how much the cancer has metastasized in a couple of generations.

You know, I don't think the country as a whole deserves Trump. If enough people don't wake up, then the people get the government they deserve as is said. I would be happy for him if he could enjoy Barron and family and the remaining years of his life assuming they back the dogs off if they remove him at the ballot box. People should be stampeding each other everywhere to vote for DT. This should be Reagan-Mondale 1984 with Kamala avoiding the shutout by winnning Minnesota to avoid complete 50-0 humiliation. The fact that it's even close shows how much the cancer has metastasized in a couple of generations.
And the counterpoint in any election where the less-good might win has to be: how come the candidate, Trump in this case, has so many folks that dislike him? What steps has he taken to be more electable?

Trump's team got that job done in 2016, but failed in 2020, when he also should have won in a landslide. His recent commentary has been negative for his likability among those, at the margin, that he needs to vote for him.....so regardless of what "should be", where is the effort and strategy to win by a landslide? I am not seeing that yet.

And the counterpoint in any election where the less-good might win has to be: how come the candidate, Trump in this case, has so many folks that dislike him? What steps has he taken to be more electable?

Trump's team got that job done in 2016, but failed in 2020, when he also should have won in a landslide. His recent commentary has been negative for his likability among those, at the margin, that he needs to vote for him.....so regardless of what "should be", where is the effort and strategy to win by a landslide? I am not seeing that yet.
The Democrat Political and Media complex and ABC agencies nullify much of his appeal through the incessant negativity and military grade psyop. They know how to remove his natural shine. Think about the the assassination attempt? That in itself should have handed him the Election in a slam dunk just based off the optics and images alone of the indomitable strong man. But the Democrats and the Swamp were effectively able to bury the story by burying Joe Biden's reelection campaign/installing the magic colored woman and sowing doubt as to whether Trump had actually been hit by a bullet at all. Trump could walk on water and they would say he polluted the water. Like the refs throwing bogus holding flags in the 2nd quarter of a 14-3 about to be 21-3 runaway, those who control the game know how to keep the Democrat in the game for the steal in the 4th quarter.

Trump is also too old to change and sticks with his high spots for better or for worse. I do wish he could talk directly to the voter a little more effectively at times. I'm always reminded of what Bret The Hitman Hart related about Ric Flair when Vince put them together in a program intended to elevate Hart as the successor to Hulk Hogan. Bret complained bitterly to Vince McMahon that ole Ric kept "botching the finishes" of matches and making Bret look bad with some of the new high spots Bret wanted to incorporate. Vince replied, "you know, Bret, I don't think Ric Flair is a bad guy, but at this stage he can only have a Ric Flair match.."

At this stage, Trump really can only do what works for him or has worked for him on the campaign trail. He's not suddenly going to start doing luchidor flips off the top rope or having ladder matches. He's gonna back his man in the corner and pound away like Greg The Hammer Valentine..

He needs to keep the match "on the ground" with the economy and foreign affairs and the border. Anytime the Democrats get on the top rope with gimmicks, smoke and woke flashing lights, identity politics, and chicanery with the refs it's obvious trouble for a "stiff worker" like DT.

Last edited:
The Democrat Political and Media complex and ABC agencies nullify much of his appeal through the incessant negativity and military grade psyop. They know how to remove his natural shine. Think about the the assassination attempt? That in itself should have handed him the Election in a slam dunk just based off the optics and images alone of the indomitable strong man. But the Democrats and the Swamp were effectively able to bury the story by burying Joe Biden's reelection campaign/installing the magic colored woman and sowing doubt as to whether Trump had actually been hit by a bullet at all. Trump could walk on water and they would say he polluted the water. Like the refs throwing bogus holding flags in the 2nd quarter of a 14-3 about to be 21-3 runaway, those who control the game know how to keep the Democrat in the game for the steal in the 4th quarter.

Trump is also too old to change and sticks with his high spots for better or for worse. I do wish he could talk directly to the voter a little more effectively at times. I'm always reminded of what Bret The Hitman Hart related about Ric Flair when Vince put them together in a program intended to elevate Hart as the successor to Hulk Hogan. Bret complained bitterly to Vince McMahon that ole Ric kept "botching the finishes" of matches and making Bret look bad with some of the new high spots Bret wanted to incorporate. Vince replied, "you know, Bret, I don't think Ric Flair is a bad guy, but at this stage he can only have a Ric Flair match.."

At this stage, Trump really can only do what works for him or has worked for him on the campaign trail. He's not suddenly going to start doing luchidor flips off the top rope or having ladder matches. He's gonna back his man in the corner and pound away like Greg The Hammer Valentine..

He needs to keep the match "on the ground" with the economy and foreign affairs and the border. Anytime the Democrats get on the top rope with gimmicks, smoke and woke flashing lights, identity politics, and chicanery with the refs it's obvious trouble for a "stiff worker" like DT.
I do not disagree with you, but at the same time have to opine that Americans deserve a POTUS who is smarter than what you outlined.

1. Acreage?- Check, almost 12,000 of them for 6 families
2. Growing own food? Check, 6000 acres of winter and spring wheat, 1000 acres of barley, 1000 acres of canola, 500 hamburger production units, stocked trout pond. Assorted gardens, chickens, pheasants, turkeys, goats and pigs that the wimen folk and kidlets raise. Also some primo hunting for Deer, Elk, Antelope and the occasional Moose.
3.Firearms? check. we have enough, and hope to get some bigger hardware from the National Guard Base
4. ammo? check, plenty, as well as reload capabilities for a small expeditionary force
5.Water supply? check. 3 springs, 2 creeks, 1 pond, 5 wells (all of which still have windmill jacks that can be hooked back up if needed
6. Dried food? at least a couple of years, decades more if we still have all the grain bins full
7. wet food? I am assuming this is canned foods? a couple years
8. gas masks? check, old ones, should probably be replaced
9. Seeds for future? check, my wife is the seed librarian
10. Fuel, check, we have an oil press and can convert canola to biofuel (about 300 gallons a week)
11. Clothing, check, my SIL and nieces have looms and wheels to produce fabric. You won’t get new clothes real fast though
12. Power, check 4 10k arrays with 60k storage all cross connected to feed 6 houses and various shops and outbuildings.
13. Isolation, BIG CHECK, nearest non family neighbors 10 miles by road
14. Sawmill and harvestable timber, check
15. Firewood, check at least 40 cords split and stacked, as well as a processor that we made years ago.
16. Alcohol, check, we make most of our own. Those that drink the more bougee stuff, I assume have that handled too. I have a friend that has a small batch malting house, so we are good there. We supply the wheat and barley, and he takes 60%.

The only thing I truly worry about is medications that a few members are on. It’s really hard to stockpile those in any real quantity.

This is not anything new that our family is doing, we have been prepared for generation. We just are more prepared today because of technology advancements. I imagine that if the SHTF we may be stretched thin if remote family members are able to reach the “compound”, but they should be bringing supplies too.

Wow. Your own town. That's the perfect setup with some serious land.

Last edited:
I do not disagree with you, but at the same time have to opine that Americans deserve a POTUS who is smarter than what you outlined.
He's definitely more of a blunt instrument. A little like US Grant and the ad hominem criticisms of which Lincoln said, "I cannot spare the man, he fights."

We had milquetoast jobber wimps like Romney and others who had all the niceties and academic argumentation covered but had no dawg in them unless attacking other Republicans. That kinda covers the multitude of Trump's warts or sins, but will it be enough against the machine, cheating, and feeling-oriented undecideds? I see the concerns.

He's definitely more of a blunt instrument. A little like US Grant and the ad hominem criticisms of which Lincoln said, "I cannot spare the man, he fights."

We had milquetoast jobber wimps like Romney and others who had all the niceties and academic argumentation covered but had no dawg in them unless attacking other Republicans. That kinda covers the multitude of Trump's warts or sins, but will it be enough against the machine, cheating, and feeling-oriented undecideds? I see the concerns.
No disagreement. Very poor Republican leadership for at least 2 generations. The problem is the Democrats have had **** leadership for 3 generations, so no one can discerne what "good leadership " is now.

What's remaining is "who are you being spun up to hate less?" and how much cheating is actually happening.

Garbage in, garbage out.

No way in hell Trump is going to be allowed to win. Harris and Walz are going to be our next president and VP. Better get used to the idea...81 million votes....

Last edited:
Hope everyone is ready for the recession that is about to hit.

Hope everyone is ready for the recession that is about to hit.
About to hit? We hit it a while back and we're actually heading into a depression. These asshats barrowed trillions and provided stimulus checks for Americans to go spend on bullshit to inflate the US GDP numbers. Businesses continue to raise prices on goods to recover from the pandemic losses (now greed) during an inflationary period and the stock market is booming with all the consumer spending. 97% of people are racking up trillions of credit card debt because they can't afford to live on salary alone.

Once the credit bubble bursts or the housing bubble bursts, the dominoes will fall and this depression will make the other one look like child's play. That generation didn't have multiple lines of credit per person like this generation. To make matters worse, other world governments followed suit and with the world dealing in the US dollar as the standard, all of their citizens will hit a depression as well.

It's going to be a WORLD wide depression for the most part and a prime opportunity for the great reset where the eliets gain more power and tighten the reigns on us piss ons

It is just a matter of time when we begin living in Thunderdome.

About to hit? We hit it a while back and we're actually heading into a depression. These asshats barrowed trillions and provided stimulus checks for Americans to go spend on bullshit to inflate the US GDP numbers. Businesses continue to raise prices on goods to recover from the pandemic losses (now greed) during an inflationary period and the stock market is booming with all the consumer spending. 97% of people are racking up trillions of credit card debt because they can't afford to live on salary alone.

Once the credit bubble bursts or the housing bubble bursts, the dominoes will fall and this depression will make the other one look like child's play. That generation didn't have multiple lines of credit per person like this generation. To make matters worse, other world governments followed suit and with the world dealing in the US dollar as the standard, all of their citizens will hit a depression as well.

It's going to be a WORLD wide depression for the most part and a prime opportunity for the great reset where the eliets gain more power and tighten the reigns on us piss ons

Was talking with an 89 year old relative and told her, "you know how the older people would always say 'I'm glad I won't be around when such and such happens?' I think we've made it to the days they were talking about." She definitely agreed lol.

Oh we will certainly have a great reset here if a depression comes to pass,and it won't be the world reset they're thinking about.

Those responsible will be in hiding.

That generation didn't have multiple lines of credit per person like this generation
I’ve been saying this for years Badcat. I’m in construction,have been for 35 years. It’s unbelievable the false sense of security these lines of credit give you.
All the homeowners that have equity built up,the banks give these wonderful LOC. Then the equity goes up some more. Then the credit goes up more $$$$. The amount of people making the lowest minimum payment per month at the old interest rates are all of a sudden paying much more as the interest rates went up ,up. With many not even considering putting more than the minimum.

People purchasing vacations,cars,home renovations,kids college tuition etc all on lines of credit. So many using it for stuff they don’t really need. So that they look successful to all. Gotta keep up for the neighbors ,gotta show all on FB how great we’re doing! We all get caught up on it a bit,Car companies screaming 2%…..buy,buy,buy. . Sometimes I think it’s all a mirage. one day there will be a rather rude awakening. Purchasers on low interest credit driving the economy.

I remember my first mortgage at 11 1/4. I kept it on variable. When it dipped to 9.99% all the old timers screamed….”it’s under 10% lock that **** up for the next 20 years!” I kept it on variable. I can only imagine what a 10% interest rate would do to today’s world.