• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AV had name of a fallen Army hero on his helmet

Remember, AV stepped outside of the tunnel, placed his hand over heart, and stood in the open while the National anthem played while his team mates stood in the tunnel as part of a team agreement. Perhaps we need to look at this differently...the team is taking votes but maybe some things are bigger to someone than what a team concludes. I'm a veteran too, and if a team decided not to stand for the National Anthem....well, **** them. If the team decided/voted on wearing the name of a gangbanger who shot up a local neighborhood instead of one of our black brothers/sisters who risked their life for others well, ...**** them again. It's called a moral compass.

And to think? The Steelers made it into a Charlie Daniels song in 1980 or so -- that's how "Americana" and blue collar the brand had become by that time as part of America's patriotic soul.

Now "the Pittsburgh Steeler fan" has to leave the team because it left us.

Remember, AV stepped outside of the tunnel, placed his hand over heart, and stood in the open while the National anthem played while his team mates stood in the tunnel as part of a team agreement. Perhaps we need to look at this differently...the team is taking votes but maybe some things are bigger to someone than what a team concludes. I'm a veteran too, and if a team decided not to stand for the National Anthem....well, **** them. If the team decided/voted on wearing the name of a gangbanger who shot up a local neighborhood instead of one of our black brothers/sisters who risked their life for others well, ...**** them again. It's called a moral compass.
BOOM

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

If they really wanted to put a name on their helmets, Jonny Gammage, who was truly killed by a bad cop for no good reason, would have been much more appropriate.

Play the fn game and leave the political bullshit aside. Won't happen until we all find other things to do on gameday.

Fair enough. I have no problem with that sentiment at all. But don’t be a hypocrite about it. Take the same stand when the NFL took money from the DOD to use the players as props for a recruitment campaign. Take the same stand when the NFL dedicated a whole month to Breast Cancer Awareness. Take the same stand when the NFL inserts itself into off field behaviors of its players in order to satisfy certain segments of its fan base.

Play the game and leave social issues (because this is a social not a political issue) aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Fair enough. I have no problem with that sentiment at all. But don’t be a hypocrite about it. Take the same stand when the NFL took money from the DOD to use the players as props for a recruitment campaign. Take the same stand when the NFL dedicated a whole month to Breast Cancer Awareness. Take the same stand when the NFL inserts itself into off field behaviors of its players in order to satisfy certain segments of its fan base.

Play the game and leave social issues (because this is a social not a political issue) aside.

Most fans tolerate what they have to tolerate. But those other causes don't have jack ***** kneeling in front of a flag as they wouldn't be well received either. Or they don't pick a punk thug to idolize. A disease that kills people of all colors is well received. Also the social justice agenda would be better received if it wasn't a hate cops and whitey agenda not supported by statistics. A diversity agenda masked as a just cause, people can see through bullshit. Well some can....

Most fans tolerate what they have to tolerate. But those other causes don't have jack ***** kneeling in front of a flag as they wouldn't be well received either. Or they don't pick a punk thug to idolize. A disease that kills people of all colors is well received. Also the social justice agenda would be better received if it wasn't a hate cops and whitey agenda not supported by statistics. A diversity agenda masked as a just cause, people can see through bullshit. Well some can....

VERY well said slash

Most people are NOT idiots and can see past the surface of what's being said.

You sell me beach-front land and I get there and there's a sign that says "BEAVH FRONT" and there's no water..................... I'm going to know it.

Salute the nation

You do not need to lecture me on that my friend. I just want to watch a football game, drink my beer, eat chili and enjoy watching the team that has been a big part of my life since the late 70s. **** all the rest of that noise.

The thing that sticks out to me about this is that for the second time, the team as a whole voted to do one thing and Al decided to differ from them. I'm wondering if this is a little self-promotion on purpose. If so, I hope he picks up his play because the spot light gets pretty hot.

Yes, what else could it be? That rat *******...choosing to honor our national anthem (three seasons ago), and then covering up the name of a thug by replacing it with a man who died in service to this country. Can't we see the pattern here? What a self-promoting son of a *****.

Here's some information on the hero Big Al so selfishly chose to honor, in case you give a **** about his life mattering:

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-sgt-1st-class-alwyn-c-cashe/1302913

Defense chimes in

https://www.outkick.com/steelers-lb...-fed-up-with-social-justice-publicity-stunts/

And there was Vince Williams, in his eighth year with the Steelers, answering questions Wednesday on IG Live, revealing that he didn’t even look at the back of his helmet.

“I don’t care what Al had on the back of his helmet,” Williams said to viewers. “He could’ve put that sh*t on the front of his helmet. I don’t really care at all. As long as he is lining up at left tackle and he’s blocking people and Big Ben’s upright and we don’t have to go through another Ben-less season. I don’t give a damn if he wore a baseball helmet. I could care less.”

“It’s none of my business. Just show up to play football and let’s kick *** and go about our day.”

More from Vince:

“Kids really need help. I feel like I’m going to do more in my community by giving away laptops and Chromebooks and making sure people got the equipment they need to go back to school than a t-shirt could ever do. What is a t-shirt going to do?”

To do his part, Williams said he’s giving out the following to kids going back to school:

500 laptops
150 Chromebooks
backpacks and PPE gear

:flag:

That is awesome of VINCE and for those who are criticizing Aljondro Villinova(spell), what are you doing monetary or time wise to honor your fallen victim / thug.? Those trying to hold him to some degree of accountability,. whose accountability is it you are holding him too? Are you holding yourself to that stringent of accountability / time / money / as Villi has donated both to some very good causes.

Salute the nation

More from Vince:

“Kids really need help. I feel like I’m going to do more in my community by giving away laptops and Chromebooks and making sure people got the equipment they need to go back to school than a t-shirt could ever do. What is a t-shirt going to do?”

To do his part, Williams said he’s giving out the following to kids going back to school:

500 laptops
150 Chromebooks
backpacks and PPE gear

:flag:

That's how my you make a difference. Not burning, beating, looting and murdering all in the name of criminals. Bince gets it!