• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Baker. Umm....Baker Talk

Mike+Woodson+Face.gif

dump Rudy and Haskins for Baker. why not?

dump Rudy and Haskins for Baker. why not?

This is my thinking.

Going into camp do you want Mitch T, Mason and Dwayne?
Or do you want Mitch T, Baker, and some leftover dead weight?

I'd rather see a real camp competition and there will be none with Rudolph-Haskins pushing each other for the consolation prize.

If we get him as a free agent without breaking the bank, exactly...why not?

Might know a thing or two about Stefanski's squad also.

we know what we have in Rudolph, and it aint much. Obviously. If Rudy had shown something, we'd not have added Trubisky. Mitch has a 2-year contract. Both Rudy and Haskins have one-year contracts. Combined, they're about a $6.5 mil cap hit. Still, that's $12 mil less than Baker is ... currently.

I'd be inclined to believe that getting out of that cesspool would let anyone be better and achieve stats and wins not attainable in the Mistake by the Lake. Hell, OBJ won a Super Bowl after leaving. He also tore his ACL, but that's the cards you play.

Mitch and Baker are kinda the same guy. Both CAN win in the league.
So are Rudy and Dwayne. Both can provide colossal ****-ups at inopportune times.

If we could get Baker - and promise him an open competition to be the starter - we'd be doing good. I'd dump Rudy and Haskins the second Baker signed the contract. Then bring in some low-round draft pick or UDFA...if we can't bring back Dobbs.

Baker is better than Haskins and Rudolph but there is no way he is coming here to back up Trubisky. He is a starter in this league and will be with the Hawks or the Panthers.

we know what we have in Rudolph, and it aint much. Obviously. If Rudy had shown something, we'd not have added Trubisky. Mitch has a 2-year contract. Both Rudy and Haskins have one-year contracts. Combined, they're about a $6.5 mil cap hit. Still, that's $12 mil less than Baker is ... currently.

I'd be inclined to believe that getting out of that cesspool would let anyone be better and achieve stats and wins not attainable in the Mistake by the Lake. Hell, OBJ won a Super Bowl after leaving. He also tore his ACL, but that's the cards you play.

So are Rudy and Dwayne. Both can provide colossal ****-ups at inopportune times.

If we could get Baker - and promise him an open competition to be the starter - we'd be doing good. I'd dump Rudy and Haskins the second Baker signed the contract. Then bring in some low-round draft pick or UDFA...if we can't bring back Dobbs.
Methinks you may not have watched enough of Baker's play. He's pretty good at providing the colossal **** up himself.
As a matter of fact, I can remember game threads where the Browns were playing the Steelers kinda tough and folks would pretty much count on the Baker **** up to seal the win/turn the tide. And he, more often than not, delivered. His propensity for delivering on his ability to **** up was so good that folks laughed when the Browns went away from Chubb/Hunt and put the ball in Baker's hands.

No thanks.

The Steelers should keep 4 QBs on the roster. Cut Rudolph, sign Mayfield, trade up to 5 and draft Willis. That way we’ll have a #1, #2, #15 and a top 10 for Willis. How cool would that be?! Four first rounders in the QB room! SB…here we come!

And for those born without a funny bone…that was a joke. Not much of a funny one, but a joke nonetheless.

Problem is fitting Mayfield under the cap. Lotta people saying we'd be nuts to take him but you can't tell me he's not better than Rudolph.
Stains aren't going to trade him to a division rival so we'd have to hope he gets cut instead, therefore our prospects of landing him are slim.

This is my thinking.

Going into camp do you want Mitch T, Mason and Dwayne?
Or do you want Mitch T, Baker, and some leftover dead weight?

I'd rather see a real camp competition and there will be none with Rudolph-Haskins pushing each other for the consolation prize.

If we get him as a free agent without breaking the bank, exactly...why not?

Might know a thing or two about Stefanski's squad also.
Baker is a drama factory and a egotistical dimwit that forces balls into terrible coverage at terrible times… id ratger have our trio of qbs any day of tge week than baker in the mix in any form… he is ****

Baker is a loser in the nfl.. he plays to get attention and forces too many passes… also he is an immature douche crybaby… let him flush whats left of his career down the toilet in some other nfl city… he wont accept a backup spot and he’s just not a good starter
He's still won more games than Rudy. How do you KNOW he won't take a backup role???

Methinks you may not have watched enough of Baker's play. He's pretty good at providing the colossal **** up himself.
As a matter of fact, I can remember game threads where the Browns were playing the Steelers kinda tough and folks would pretty much count on the Baker **** up to seal the win/turn the tide. And he, more often than not, delivered. His propensity for delivering on his ability to **** up was so good that folks laughed when the Browns went away from Chubb/Hunt and put the ball in Baker's hands.

No thanks.
He was paid to lose those games...

Too soon???

Of all the 💩 thrown against the wall this is the shitiest. C'mon. Why stop here and not go onto Money Manziel.

Can't believe how many Steeler fans in this thread would even consider bringing that turd to Pittsburgh.

Baker is a drama factory and a egotistical dimwit that forces balls into terrible coverage at terrible times… id ratger have our trio of qbs any day of tge week than baker in the mix in any form… he is ****

Sorry...I'd feed Rudorf and Haskins to the alligators in an instant and take Baker and Mitch into camp any day without thinking twice.

No thanks.
dude, its Cleveland. that's been the same thing for decades - **** ups at the worst times imaginable. its well documented over the years.
I guess, since he had that Cleveland stench on him, you were pissed that we brought Haden in. And Morgan Burnett. And ... anyone else who played for Cleveland.

it's my theory you could take the DNA of every single player and coach in the HOF, grow them to have achieved their absolute physical and mental peak, put them in Browns uniforms and take the worst guys to have ever suited up and play them against each other and the Browns would still lose.

I can't see Baker sitting behind Mitch and vice versa. Both want and should start in the league. We signed Mitch to start and he should flourish with the right supporting cast. I think too many people are discounting him that he's only a stopgap.

I don’t know. Can anything get **** out? Once stained, I think that is there for life.

random question. does baker have a no trade clause in his rookie contract?

I can't see Baker sitting behind Mitch and vice versa. Both want and should start in the league. We signed Mitch to start and he should flourish with the right supporting cast. I think too many people are discounting him that he's only a stopgap.

That's the beauty of that contract should he fail it's very little cap casualty but he doesn't we can sign hi long term.

Salute the nation

random question. does baker have a no trade clause in his rookie contract?
Not that I’ve seen… however the reports say not only is there no interest in him right now, a team told them they would have to pay them picks to take on that contract

I wouldn't have minded this if we didn't sign mitch. Skillwise i think they are similar and Baker brings energy. Now it doesn't make sense to sign him
Thing is Mitch is a 1 or 2 look laser gun. Mitch places the ball perfectly on a few of his most favorite schemes. But he screws the pooch on calls that he doesn't like or read as well. Given man coverage over the middle, Mitch can be more deadly than Brady. Given match quarters, Mitch usually ***** up the read and mis-times the throw outside... or he runs for his life and tosses it in the seats.

He's so far from a sure thing. Watchin the Bears game past 3-4 years and you notice the guy was screwed by Nagy. And now Mitch has serious confidence issues. Will Canada jam another round peg into a square hole this season?

Honestly, i think Baker lost his fight against the Browns in general; and against the coaching staff in particular. Baker is a different animal than Mitch. He's alot more Brett Favre - a real gunslinger. He forces **** the same way Ben does. So what's the difference? The Browns suck **** and the Steelers always had AB and perhaps a bit more sense of pride.

Baker also reads coverages pretty damn well. He chucks it overboard though when the route and/or receiver are not going to win. i think you can coach him.

Mitch... not really much of a talent but alotta arm.
Baker: beat-to-**** already but has a chip on his shoulder. I could see Baker having one of those fluke-y all-pro Brady-esque seasons with a seasoned coaching staff and an offensive supporting cast who picks up the slack when needed. Steelers could be one a place for that because the RB & TE could bail him out more often.

Steelers likely to make this happen if Baker is released post-June? probably not given the fear of a clash of the egos as has been mentioned.

The Steelers should keep 4 QBs on the roster. Cut Rudolph, sign Mayfield, trade up to 5 and draft Willis. That way we’ll have a #1, #2, #15 and a top 10 for Willis. How cool would that be?! Four first rounders in the QB room! SB…here we come!

And for those born without a funny bone…that was a joke. Not much of a funny one, but a joke nonetheless.

Well...................... that would get coach Tomlin closer to his 10 first rounders in order to become relevant offense......................

Salute the nation

Would it surprise anyone if Tomlin signed him. We have had a few head scratchers of what the Steelers have done