• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Baker. Umm....Baker Talk

Tomlin doesn't sign players, Colbert does.

Rookies do not have no trade clauses.

Baker's 5th year option is now fully guaranteed, and the only way the Browns can get rid of it is if Baker is traded. This is another big reason why no one wants to trade for Baker, it's $18.8M and a loss of draft picks.

**** the browns. Eat his dead cap and get nothing like you deserve, for the way you ****** up this whole QB situation.

Tomlin doesn't sign players, Colbert does.

Rookies do not have no trade clauses.

Baker's 5th year option is now fully guaranteed, and the only way the Browns can get rid of it is if Baker is traded. This is another big reason why no one wants to trade for Baker, it's $18.8M and a loss of draft picks.

**** the browns. Eat his dead cap and get nothing like you deserve, for the way you ****** up this whole QB situation.

Cope I have to fully agree with you. When did his 5th year option kick in ? I must have been in a time warp because for some reason I thought April 27 or May 1st and not sure why I thought those dates.?

He is stuck in Factory of Sadness unless cleveland finds a trade or he is cut which cut doesn't make sense as you might as well keep him incase $230 million blows a gasket or something like that ?

Salute the nation

Cope I have to fully agree with you. When did his 5th year option kick in ? I must have been in a time warp because for some reason I thought April 27 or May 1st and not sure why I thought those dates.?

He is stuck in Factory of Sadness unless cleveland finds a trade or he is cut which cut doesn't make sense as you might as well keep him incase $230 million blows a gasket or something like that ?

Salute the nation
5th round options are guaranteed when the option is exercised. I think the first week of May is when 5th yr options are exercised for 1st rounders entering their 4th seasons.

There is no more dumping players for any reason before the start of the league year, to avoid playing a guaranteed 5th year. It also makes the 4th year's money guaranteed as well.

Let me tell you how this baker thing plays out…..

Either
A: the browns keep him until a team loses a qb and gets desperate and trades something for him
Or
B. The Browns get desperate and need that cap space and send him to a team with oodles of cap space with the Browns themselves giving up picks for his contract to be eaten by the other team…

There is no getting cut or renegotiated contract outs that make any sense here… heck the first team to really need a qb should just offer to take him for free lol…

I really think it will be B though.. i think Baker is going to make a kerfuffle about being a backup and they will just give up a second or third to send him elsewhere

5th round options are guaranteed when the option is exercised. I think the first week of May is when 5th yr options are exercised for 1st rounders entering their 4th seasons.

There is no more dumping players for any reason before the start of the league year, to avoid playing a guaranteed 5th year. It also makes the 4th year's money guaranteed as well.

Thanks Cope and last year his 5th was picked up similar to Bud Dupree's when he was here. I must be living in BIZZARO world at times.

Salute the nation

He beat us pretty soundly in the playoff game last year.
Browns run game did more beating on us than mayfield. I think if he’s cut seattle‘s a good spot seems he fits what they want to do. Mayfield got a great deep arm had longest throw in nfl last year I think, he did have best velocity of any qb drafted the year he was drafted … mayfield to metcalf could be interesting. I watch seattle and San Fran more than I get back home to see Steelers and in watching Wilson, part of me always thought he was a bit over rated too rah rah. If Brady, Wilson, rivers, any of them had played behind the ****** offensive lines Ben did… their stories would be very different. But in can’t see mayfield in the black and gold. i Will say this, the browns head coach was offensive coordinator for the Viks and same thing happened to Vikings happened to browns he didn’t develop the pass game to match the run game had the receivers and qb just didn’t have the passing game mojo. Baker could be a bargain.

That playoff game was a joke… we were down by what like 28 in the first quarter or so then they just held on for dear life … if pouncey doesn’t snap that first ball over bens head, we win that handily

That playoff game was a joke… we were down by what like 28 in the first quarter or so then they just held on for dear life … if pouncey doesn’t snap that first ball over bens head, we win that handily
Except for the fact we couldn't stop their offense at any time.