• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Beirut, Lebanon explosion wtf?

Deaths in the 1000s. Maybe even tens of 1000s.

This year just keeps getting worse. So much death and destruction all around.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U.S. EMBASSY IN BEIRUT: "There are reports of toxic gases released in the explosion so all in the area should stay indoors"</p>— Josh Caplan (@joshdcaplan) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/1290754130642972672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Warning: graphic vid showing scenes at hospital

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">May God bless the departed souls in peace and grant strength to the brave people of Lebanon &#55356;&#56817;&#55356;&#56807; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Beirut?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Beirut</a> <a href="https://t.co/xi8Gt2Rxev">pic.twitter.com/xi8Gt2Rxev</a></p>— Eddie Donovan (@EddieDonovan) <a href="https://twitter.com/EddieDonovan/status/1290755065104539650?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

The most credible info thus far for the cause of the explosion seems to be a huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate that was stored in a warehouse by the docks. Who in their right mind would allow stockpiling 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that close to a major port & city? Holy ****. I believe 2 tons of this **** was used in the Oklahoma City bombing back in the 90's, which killed 168 people.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: Lebanese sources report 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate exploded at Beirut Port earlier today</p>— The Spectator Index (@spectatorindex) <a href="https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1290756966982119424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"></code></samp>

From what I have read, Beirut and Lebanon in general were beautiful, prosperous, hospitable and profitable areas run by a Christian majority, before the Muslim majority took power in 1958.

Since then? The usual.

From this (circa 1957):

iu

iu

iu

To this:

iu

iu

iu

Unbelievable. The head-scratcher though is ammonium nitrate turns a greyish/white color when it explodes (if I remember correctly), and this was a deep red plume. Unless there were other chemical compounds that helped turn it that color, which is above anything I understand.

The death toll could be in the tens of thousands? God help those people.

Unbelievable. The head-scratcher though is ammonium nitrate turns a greyish/white color when it explodes (if I remember correctly), and this was a deep red plume. Unless there were other chemical compounds that helped turn it that color, which is above anything I understand.

The death toll could be in the tens of thousands? God help those people.

Did somebody try out or lose control of a tactical nuke or some sort of Daisy Cutter?

I assume not much has changed there since mid-80s and it's still Wild Wild West.

That’s some level of a nuke imo. Even the MOAB doesn’t have that from what I’ve seen.

Ok. I leaped bf I posted. Read iron.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...y-insist-beirut-explosion-was-a-nuke-it-wasnt

The explosion in Beirut can’t possibly be a nuke because, among other reasons, it’s too small. “It's not a nuke—not even a small one,” Jeffrey Lewis, Director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Project at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies, told Motherboard in an email. “You can see in the videos that there was an explosion or fire burning before the really big kaboom.”

It’s still far too early to tell what actually happened in Beirut. The Lebanese military told a freelance reporter on the ground in Beirut that it’s possible fireworks stored in the area caught fire and reached a nearby nitrate warehouse. The Director-General of the Lebanese Public Security told the BBC that the explosion was related to “high explosive material that was confiscated some time ago.”

Could be plausible. The last 5-10sec is the boom

Some official said ammonium nitrate is a yellowish color so there had to be something else in there. You would think we would have some kind of air sniffer that could identify the chemicals.
I am sure they know more than they are telling at the moment though.

Ammonium Nitrate is a fertilizer and used to make bombs. Supposedly this stuff had been sitting in warehouses for years.

I just can't figure why they had so much just laying around. You'd think a country in dire need of food would want to use it as fertilizer and a region with terrorist cells would want the stuff for homemade bombs. Why is it just sitting there? Makes no sense.

Obviously, there's a book story in this somewhere. Terrorists tried to steal some and the robbery went bad. The good guys realized having 2700 tons of this stuff get into the hands of bad guys during Lebanon's collapse (which is coming) is not smart, so the GOOD GUYS blow it up (some black ops) and blame it on an "accident".

Most likely it was just an accident. A typical electrical fire or something else catches the warehouse on fire and kaboom. Thousands dead/injured.

If it IS a terrorist attack somehow it's not really a bad target. Lebanon gets 80% of its goods via import and something like 90% of that comes through the main Beruit port. The country is collapsing. Their currency is falling apart. They are entering super-inflation. They lack basic necessities so a black market is forming for essentials. Covid is floating around and their hospitals are at reduced capacity.

As a terrorist, you don't even have to MAKE a big bomb. Beirut just has one sitting in a warehouse.

Trump probably had his Ukranian buddies set it off.

Ammonium Nitrate is a fertilizer and used to make bombs. Supposedly this stuff had been sitting in warehouses for years.

I just can't figure why they had so much just laying around. You'd think a country in dire need of food would want to use it as fertilizer and a region with terrorist cells would want the stuff for homemade bombs. Why is it just sitting there? Makes no sense.

Obviously, there's a book story in this somewhere. Terrorists tried to steal some and the robbery went bad. The good guys realized having 2700 tons of this stuff get into the hands of bad guys during Lebanon's collapse (which is coming) is not smart, so the GOOD GUYS blow it up (some black ops) and blame it on an "accident".

Most likely it was just an accident. A typical electrical fire or something else catches the warehouse on fire and kaboom. Thousands dead/injured.

If it IS a terrorist attack somehow it's not really a bad target. Lebanon gets 80% of its goods via import and something like 90% of that comes through the main Beruit port. The country is collapsing. Their currency is falling apart. They are entering super-inflation. They lack basic necessities so a black market is forming for essentials. Covid is floating around and their hospitals are at reduced capacity.

As a terrorist, you don't even have to MAKE a big bomb. Beirut just has one sitting in a warehouse.

Not for nothing, yesterday was Barack Hussein Obama's Birthday/Nativity Story Anniversary.

With as much misery and death as The Kenyan unleashed across the Middle East in his 8 years, it seems like a fitting Dark Ritual in honor of the Nobel Peace Prize Winner and hopefully does not portend his dark intentions as the real POTUS if Biden wins.

Chit, and I thought life here was getting bad.

Is there any good news out there anyone?

Terrorists starting the fire?

117020221_2676398182595953_7925770064900143860_n.jpg

If so, I hope they got blown up into tiny terrorist smithereens.

Terrorists starting the fire?

117020221_2676398182595953_7925770064900143860_n.jpg

If so, I hope they got blown up into tiny terrorist smithereens.

Just a few protesters. If Obama had 3 sons...

Chit, and I thought life here was getting bad.

Is there any good news out there anyone?

Well, before the 2020 **** show, America was winning again.

Our growth rate was surpassing the EU, China's economy was coming back to earth (thanks in part to the curtain being drawn back from their currency/economy manipulation by their government), money was being invested in our stock market like never before, we were at full employment, wages were slowly rising. Goods produced in America was rising faster than in 20 years. Trade deals were improving. Import/export numbers looked good. Saving per capita was going up. Home ownership was going up. Debt per capita was going down.

I mean, that's kind of what REALLY matters, correct? Arguably it is the federal government's job to create the infrastructure for reasonable and sustained growth. And mostly they can only effect stuff like this with big brush strokes (and even then, it is suspect how much the federal government can really do).

If you believe in conservative policies, economic growth comes from: reduce tax burden, reduce regulatory burden, create a system of checks/balances to prevent market manipulation and monopolies, protect intellectual property from global theft, create trade deals that are fair and equitable. After that, you kind of stay out of it and let the markets take care of themselves, only adjusting interest rates to maintain growth vs. inflation.

I am still of the belief, 2020 is so unique, that it shouldn't even be considered "normal" for evaluation of anyone in politics. 2020 is really bringing the worst out in everyone.

I know that the way this country looked at the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020 was the way I wanted the country to continue heading. Yes, it wasn't perfect. But it was getting better.

So I'm just going to assume that after 2020 is over, that's the way I want it to head again.

Well, before the 2020 **** show, America was winning again.

Our growth rate was surpassing the EU, China's economy was coming back to earth (thanks in part to the curtain being drawn back from their currency/economy manipulation by their government), money was being invested in our stock market like never before, we were at full employment, wages were slowly rising. Goods produced in America was rising faster than in 20 years. Trade deals were improving. Import/export numbers looked good. Saving per capita was going up. Home ownership was going up. Debt per capita was going down.

I mean, that's kind of what REALLY matters, correct? Arguably it is the federal government's job to create the infrastructure for reasonable and sustained growth. And mostly they can only effect stuff like this with big brush strokes (and even then, it is suspect how much the federal government can really do).

If you believe in conservative policies, economic growth comes from: reduce tax burden, reduce regulatory burden, create a system of checks/balances to prevent market manipulation and monopolies, protect intellectual property from global theft, create trade deals that are fair and equitable. After that, you kind of stay out of it and let the markets take care of themselves, only adjusting interest rates to maintain growth vs. inflation.

I am still of the belief, 2020 is so unique, that it shouldn't even be considered "normal" for evaluation of anyone in politics. 2020 is really bringing the worst out in everyone.

I know that the way this country looked at the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020 was the way I wanted the country to continue heading. Yes, it wasn't perfect. But it was getting better.

So I'm just going to assume that after 2020 is over, that's the way I want it to head again.

I felt a Bad Moon Rising at the SOTU when the Witch tore up the Speech in an angry, defiant ritual. Trump "seemed" unbeatable that night like a 13-1 juggernaut that just beat its foremost Conference Rival 44-7 heading into the Playoffs but knowing Bill Belicheat had an evil plan.

The D's/Deep State's only hope was to slant the field, handicap, or sabotage the race. They've done that now with destruction of the economy, social fabric, and Cloward-Piven Strategy mail-in voting that will override and swamp the Electoral process in chaos. Covid-1984 rolled in no sooner than when Impeachment Hoax had failed.

This is Worldwide Revolution by the Elites.

Last edited:
Hard to argue...

Write this down that I said it and say that I said it. That was a Hezbollah munitions storage area. Add the beginning of the video you see numerous small explosions in the fire. Those are probably grenades and small mortar shells cooking off. The big boom is what happens when the fire gets to a cach of large artillery rounds and explosives, there is one sympathetic detonation where it all goes off at once.

Write this down that I said it and say that I said it. That was a Hezbollah munitions storage area. Add the beginning of the video you see numerous small explosions in the fire. Those are probably grenades and small mortar shells cooking off. The big boom is what happens when the fire gets to a cach of large artillery rounds and explosives, there is one sympathetic detonation where it all goes off at once.

Think the Mossad lit it up?

They've always had a footprint in Beirut going back to 1982 Invasion to attack the PLO terrorist capability.

They probably didn't care much for US Marines in the theater either by 1983.

The US Army War College did a study one time and remarked on the ruthlessness of the Mossad and expertise in false flag events. That's what the attack probably was on the USS Liberty in 1967 to draw the US into the conflict.

I would just say this, I think the US is a great friend to Israel but I wouldn't necessarily say the relationship always goes both ways as it suits their existential interests at a given time.

Last edited:
Being God's Chosen People gives you a lot of moral license to do whatever you feel is in your best interest.

Being God's Chosen People gives you a lot of moral license to do whatever you feel is in your best interest.

That, my friend, is a 100% true statement. Fortunately, only all of the parties believe they are God's actual chosen.

Yeah I’m gonna call bullshit on that and give you a big **** you on the blame Da Joooos rhetoric. It has more to do with the fact that they are a tiny nation surrounded by hostile countries that have sworn to push them into the sea and utterly murder their entire population. If we were in that situation between Canada and Mexico we do the same ******* thing.