• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Beirut, Lebanon explosion wtf?

Terrorists starting the fire?

117020221_2676398182595953_7925770064900143860_n.jpg

If so, I hope they got blown up into tiny terrorist smithereens.

Da fuq storing and security process is that. My lord.

That was crazy. The 5th view...on the water, with that visible shockwave coming across the water...damn. Scary ****.

My brother's first girlfriend in high school was a Lebanese girl whose family escaped Beirut in the 60s. They were cool folks too.

Yeah I’m gonna call bullshit on that and give you a big **** you on the blame Da Joooos rhetoric. It has more to do with the fact that they are a tiny nation surrounded by hostile countries that have sworn to push them into the sea and utterly murder their entire population. If we were in that situation between Canada and Mexico we do the same ******* thing.

Canada! Lol.

;-)

Yeah I’m gonna call bullshit on that and give you a big **** you on the blame Da Joooos rhetoric. It has more to do with the fact that they are a tiny nation surrounded by hostile countries that have sworn to push them into the sea and utterly murder their entire population. If we were in that situation between Canada and Mexico we do the same ******* thing.

that’s what it is. Most countries’ foreign policy is based on trying to make advantageous trade deals. Israel’s is based on them not being wiped off the map and their people murdered. Their game is much higher stakes. They need the US for survival, not just for a trade partner.

That was crazy. The 5th view

I had to watch again to see what I missed there. Wow, scary **** is right. There was another video of people driving while filming it (not sure if it was part of that 7 angles video), and they may have been a mile or two away (hard to say), and the second explosion blew out every single window in their car. Heard it blew out windows up to 10 miles away actually.

I know if my government seized tons of highly explosive ammonium nitrate, I hope they would store it for years in a highly-populated urban area, and not in some desolate, unpopulated area.

Government workers ... idiots qualified to do nothing, so that is what they do.

I know if my government seized tons of highly explosive ammonium nitrate, I hope they would store it for years in a highly-populated urban area, and not in some desolate, unpopulated area.

Government workers ... idiots qualified to do nothing, so that is what they do.

Seattle or San Fran are my votes for storage duties.

Lebanese chicks are hot.

Not to make light of the tragedy, but watch this wedding photo shoot:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Surreal. A wedding photoshoot captured the Beirut explosion. <a href="https://t.co/0yXeJXIz20">pic.twitter.com/0yXeJXIz20</a></p>— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) <a href="https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1291050624662945792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not to make light of the tragedy, but watch this wedding photo shoot:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Surreal. A wedding photoshoot captured the Beirut explosion. <a href="https://t.co/0yXeJXIz20">pic.twitter.com/0yXeJXIz20</a></p>— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) <a href="https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1291050624662945792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marrying and giving in marriage...just like in the days of Noah.

that’s what it is. Most countries’ foreign policy is based on trying to make advantageous trade deals. Israel’s is based on them not being wiped off the map and their people murdered. Their game is much higher stakes. They need the US for survival, not just for a trade partner.

I never knew for the longest that JFK so opposed Israel's nuclear ambitions and insisted on strict American inspections of the Dimona facility. Ben Gurion resigned in October '63 largely due to the impasse with JFK.

American policy toward the Israeli nuclear program eased up after Kennedy's assassination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucle...nd, the confrontation,laid out in his letters.

"It turned out that Kennedy's insistence on biannual visits to Dimona was not implemented after his death. U.S. government officials remained interested in such a schedule, and President Lyndon B. Johnson did raise the issue with Eshkol, but he never pressed hard on the subject the way that Kennedy had.[56]

In the end, the confrontation between President Kennedy and two Israeli prime ministers resulted in a series of six American inspections of the Dimona nuclear complex, once a year between 1964 and 1969. They were never conducted under the strict conditions Kennedy laid out in his letters. While Kennedy's successor remained committed to the cause of nuclear nonproliferation and supported American inspection visits at Dimona, he was much less concerned about holding the Israelis to Kennedy's terms. In retrospect, this change of attitude may have saved the Israeli nuclear program."

It seems strange today that from the late '40s until the early '60s, much of US foreign policy took a jaundiced view of Israeli military ambitions and build up. They were afraid too that one-sided US support would drive the Arabs into the arms of the Soviet Union.

The Israeli attack on the USS Liberty in the purported fog of war in 1967 is another interesting part of history that we were not taught in school.

A modern American Christian has to acknowledge a strong dose of dispensationalism in the water when it comes to America's views on the modern nation of Israel. Much of the evangelical world believes that Israel must and will be attacked to usher in the rapture, tribulation, and Second Coming in varying degrees of doctrinal order depending on views held, while Israel depends largely on the unconditional support of the evangelical, US Christian Zionist lobby and foreign aid while it forbids or very much frowns upon proselytizing of Jews by Christians. It's really an interesting alliance between Zionism and Christian Zionism.

Then again, I've heard other pastors ask for prayer for the plight of Palestinian Christians suffering or living in squalor in Occupied areas.

Lots of layers to the issues if one tries to search it out.

Last edited:
I’m going to use that pic in my next safety training video about proper storage of combustibles

Wait for it...

I still think it was some sort of ritual on Obama's Birthday since he wrought so much terror in the Middle East on his watch and because things had been relatively quiet over there since Trump rained fire down on The General.

Those guys look like they have everything under control.

2750 tons of ammonium nitrate around a bunch of Muzzies. What could possibly go wrong with that?

I have a Lebanese coworker that seems suddenly interested in giving me head. I’m having trouble deciding if her interest is due to my citizen status or my giant penis.

I have a Lebanese coworker that seems suddenly interested in giving me head. I’m having trouble deciding if her interest is due to my citizen status or my giant penis.
You need to rule one out. Tell her you are Hungarian

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk