• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Belichick on the hot seat while Tomlin is safe

I wonder what the conversations concerning Tomlin would be like today if Bateman catches that easy TD for the rats and we are 2-3????? The O sucks, the D is good, but yesterday could have easily lost the game. This team can win if: the other team shoots itself in the foot, the D plays very well, and the O makes at least a few big plays...the problem is when all of that doesn't line up perfectly. This is what someone calls " The Standard."

I wonder what the conversations concerning Tomlin would be like today if Bateman catches that easy TD for the rats and we are 2-3????? The O sucks, the D is good, but yesterday could have easily lost the game. This team can win if: the other team shoots itself in the foot, the D plays very well, and the O makes at least a few big plays...the problem is when all of that doesn't line up perfectly. This is what someone calls " The Standard."
Same convos just pissed at a loss instead of glad for a win. Nothing we see moving forward should change the perception that this team needs a reboot. A losing or winning season doesn't change the perception that little to no changes outside of Canada's departure and perhaps the O-line coach will be made.

Of course what is acceptable to one fan isn't necessarily acceptable to another. Some are content with winning seasons even if that all it is.

Are you guys that obtuse???

Tomlin has 0 losing seasons in his 17yrs. as Steelers HC.

Belichick is facing a whopping 4th losing season in 24yrs as Pats HC.

It wouldn't be shocking if Bill got fired.

Who cares about Super Bowls and playoff wins.

obtuse-the-shawshank-redemption.gif

If someone can find it...this morning on ESPNFN, Stephen A and crew talked about this in depth. They threw out some damning stats I wasn't aware of. Lot's of "after Brady" and "without Brady" stuff. Made Bellicheat look awful.

The one that stood out to me was since 2012, with Bellicheat as GM (selecting player personnel), the team has had exactly two pro bowlers.

One was a punter.

The other a punt returner.

Also, in games without Brady, God's Gift to Coaching Bellicheat is 72-79.

I hate saying Brady made him. But...Brady made him.

If someone can find it...this morning on ESPNFN, Stephen A and crew talked about this in depth. They threw out some damning stats I wasn't aware of. Lot's of "after Brady" and "without Brady" stuff. Made Bellicheat look awful.

The one that stood out to me was since 2012, with Bellicheat as GM (selecting player personnel), the team has had exactly two pro bowlers.

One was a punter.

That drafting plan of trading back out of the first or even early 2nd to stockpile on late 2nds and 3rd rounders really works like a charm... not.

While we're stuck with a coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years and has failed to make the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years a coach who has won 5 Super Bowls and been to two more is on the hot seat?

I don’t feel one bit sorry for the MFer !

He should have been banned from the NFL for life upon his second time cheating.

I feel the irony of it though, but also realize everybody know it wouldn’t matter. ONLY as of late, due to the O’Canada syndrome has Coach Tomlin even felt a single BTU in his seat.

Salute the nation

This isn't meant to label Tomlin a cheater, but c'mon man. He did that on purpose.
Took a full sidestep onto the field before his acting job of getting the hell out of the way.

You're right about Cowhers "similar moment". Similar in that both coaches did it intentionally.

"

Cowher didn’t impede the play where-as, Shades did.

Salute the nation

One was a punter.

After having some years to think on this, and to watch the aftermath post separation, Marsha deserves the lion's share of the credit for the success. Then Ernie, with Darth Hoodie cleary the evil brewmaster of the cheating scheme and a liar throughout.

Cowher didn’t impede the play where-as, Shades did.

Salute the nation

Thats very true.
Remember another of Cowhers antics when he stuffed a photo of 11 men on the field into a refs shirt pocket? The Steelers were wrongly penalized for having 12 men on the field. Cowher was p i s s e d.

That drafting plan of trading back out of the first or even early 2nd to stockpile on late 2nds and 3rd rounders really works like a charm... not.
it probably works better when you are permitted to spy on practices lol

The narrative is always going to be that the pats fell apart when bwady left… the reality was when cinci caught them cheating yet again and the owners flipped out after that season then Ernie adams retired is when he fell apart… they finally nailed the spygate door shut and made sure Brady got a nice path to another Super Bowl to keep the narrative alive.. but that was the straw that broke the camels back…

They never stopped cheating until then. And im pretty sure it was a very embarrassed Kraft that probably pulled that plug… i think he got that they went to that well too often and it was better to just let it die… it certainly gave cover that Brady left one year after that… because obviously Brady leaving impacted billy boy suddenly not being as sharp in play calls

Cheating *******… i hope he lives to see someone spill the beans and tarnish his putrid legacy beyond what the media can ignore

Decline from greatness seems to always happen to a great coach and/or team when a star QB leaves.

Bradshaw played 12 years
Aikman 12
Elway 16
Montana 10
Young 8
Brady 18

So Belichick was a "great coach" for 18 years.
Noll for 12 years

Walsh, Seifert, Johnson, Reeves all left their teams before their respective star QB retired, sending their teams into mediocrity.

Reeves/Elway won a lot, going to 3 SB's...all losses. Elway won 2 SB's under Shanahan after Reeves left. Shanahan had some success after Elway retired but it didn't last long.

Decline from greatness seems to always happen to a great coach and/or team when a star QB leaves.

Bradshaw played 12 years
Aikman 12
Elway 16
Montana 10
Young 8
Brady 18

Noll for 12 years

Walsh, Seifert, Johnson, Reeves all left their teams before their respective star QB retired, sending their teams into mediocrity.

Reeves/Elway won a lot, going to 3 SB's...all losses. Elway won 2 SB's under Shanahan after Reeves left. Shanahan had some success after Elway retired but it didn't last long.

Siefert took over for walsh, and montana was replaced by in his prime steve young… so i don’t think that those fit this as well as the others

Siefert took over for walsh, and montana was replaced by in his prime steve young… so i don’t think that those fit this as well as the others
Right. I guess I didn't clarify enough that they were the exception. Neither coach ever had to deal with a mediocre/poor qb.
Even Johnson. Hell even Reeves. So it appears Noll and Belichick are in the minority.

So why did I even make that initial premise? LOL

Last edited:
Right. I guess I didn't clarify enough that they were the exception. Neither coach ever had to deal with a mediocre/poor qb.
Even Johnson. Hell even Reeves. So it appears Noll and Belichick are in the minority.

So why did I even make that initial premise? LOL
Well, your post reminded me of something.
Early Bradshaw was .... not good.
And that reminder tells me to have a little patience with KP8.

Bradshaw played 12 years
Aikman 12
Elway 16
Montana 10
Young 8
Brady 18

Noll for 12 years

Tomlin's underachieving began when he had the best trio of offensive weapons in the league.

Well, your post reminded me of something.
Early Bradshaw was .... not good.
And that reminder tells me to have a little patience with KP8.
Not every QB develops.. but there are guys like Allen or Brees or Bradshaw who really did drastically improve after their first couple of seasons.