• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Belichick should be fired

yep send them ******* home

come back problem?

send them ******* home again..

Exactly. My whole point. He is your employee. You paid 9/10 of his salary for zero production and then you make him available to your competitor. If he was trying to mask the issues in the lockeroom it didnt really work oit very well. If he sent him home and said so for discipline reasons i would have zero problems with that.

Butler was allegedly caught after curfew with some weed.

which clearly means that Belichick has lost absolute and complete control of this team, since he cannot get his players to remain focused the night before what can be the biggest game in some of their lives.

REPORT: Malcolm Butler Didn’t Play Because He Missed Curfew & Got Caught With Weed
http://dailysnark.com/report-malcom-butler-didnt-play-missed-curfew-got-caught-weed/

Patriots fans finished Super Bowl LII scratching their heads at Bill Belichick’s decision to not play the team’s best defensive player, Malcolm Butler, a single defensive play during the game.

‘I ain’t got nothing to say,” the cornerback said post game.”They gave up on me. F—. It is what it is.”

Though there is still no official word from the Patriots or Butler on why exactly he was benched, Joe Cartolano, writer at ProFootballFocus, tweeted out Monday morning that a source within law enforcement gave insight that Butler reportedly missed curfew at the Patriots team hotel, and did so coming back with marijuana.
A family friend who I trust, is well connected in law enforcement and was in Minny this week with local cops told me Butler missed curfew, got caught with weed when he came back late to hotel, and subsequently had a meltdown on coaches

— Joey Cartolano (@JoeyPigskins) February 5, 2018

Butler was allegedly caught after curfew with some weed.

which clearly means that Belichick has lost absolute and complete control of this team, since he cannot get his players to remain focused the night before what can be the biggest game in some of their lives.
also shows that he has the stones to say I don't give a **** about it. We have team discipline and there are consequences and I would rather jeopardize the win then lose that principle. SB or preseason. Can you honestly say that tomlin would take that stance? And what do you want to bet they will be back their next year? The coach isn't responsible for the players actions, they are grown men. The coach is responsible for the consequences that follow and setting the culture to minimize as much of this bullshit as possible. Mitchell acts like a ****** idiot leading up to and at the game against the Jaguars and Tomlin's response is essentially, that is the era we live in. Really!

Wasn't Bryant benched/deactivated for a game due to actions detrimental to the team? Same thing isn't it?

REPORT: Malcolm Butler Didn’t Play Because He Missed Curfew & Got Caught With Weed

Obviously LeGarrett Blunt set him up.

also shows that he has the stones to say I don't give a **** about it. We have team discipline and there are consequences and I would rather jeopardize the win then lose that principle. SB or preseason. Can you honestly say that tomlin would take that stance? And what do you want to bet they will be back their next year? The coach isn't responsible for the players actions, they are grown men. The coach is responsible for the consequences that follow and setting the culture to minimize as much of this bullshit as possible. Mitchell acts like a ****** idiot leading up to and at the game against the Jaguars and Tomlin's response is essentially, that is the era we live in. Really!

I can say there is a **** storm here whether Tomlin would have disciplined him or not. If he does, he cost us the game and doesn't have control of his players. If he doesn't, he has lost control of his players AND has lack of discipline.

Wasn't Bryant benched/deactivated for a game due to actions detrimental to the team? Same thing isn't it?
Yeah after the fifth thing and publically demanding a trade. No one would have really known about this or at least it would have remained a speculation. Bryant forced his hand.

I can say there is a **** storm here whether Tomlin would have disciplined him or not. If he does, he cost us the game and doesn't have control of his players. If he doesn't, he has lost control of his players AND has lack of discipline.
Maybe so. Doesnt matter what we say. Only what the players think. Decastro who is a pretty reputable guy didnt seem to care for it.
Noll is the gold standard of coaches for this franchise. Who would he be more like today. Belichik or Tomlin?

You guys are funny with the Harrison stuff. It aint 2008, he's done. Dude just played his last game. Steelers knew he couldnt handle more snaps for a full season and his ego couldn't take it. So he pissed his diapers and threw a fit. I'm sure Blount said hello to him on his way to the endzone.

You guys are funny with the Harrison stuff. It aint 2008, he's done. Dude just played his last game. Steelers knew he couldnt handle more snaps for a full season and his ego couldn't take it. So he pissed his diapers and threw a fit. I'm sure Blount said hello to him on his way to the endzone.

Blount was running up the middle.. the pats interior line wss getting abused

Blount was running up the middle.. the pats interior line wss getting abused

Doesn't change the fact that Harrison was a non-factor in the game.

Doesn't change the fact that Harrison was a non-factor in the game.

AND on top of that he missed two tackles. RB was past him before he could hardly react............. DEBO is done and once he is off the cheateriots team then maybe I can lighten up on him.

Salute the nation

Don't you dare.
You've made your bed as you claim he did.
Just as lots of folks here were calling Faneca a ******* when he left... I remember.

It depends on the player. If Brady or Gronk did something stupid, they play.

Hoodie had great control over his players. There has to be more to this story.

As for Tomlin does any head coach have less drama with his key players?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think there is every bit as much dysfunction in the Pats org as is with us, but i think they do a marvelous job of keeping most of the drama under wraps.... they are great with secrecy, we just lay it all out for people to see

Reactions: MTC
James Harrison's only role going forward is as a situational pass rusher. He can still move bodies with his bullrush, but unless it's 3rd/4th and long, you don't put him on the field.

Pats didn't have the option to do this, since their OLBs are even worse than ours.

It depends on the player. If Brady or Gronk did something stupid, they play.

Hoodie had great control over his players. There has to be more to this story.

As for Tomlin does any head coach have less drama with his key players?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Coach (in this case Belicheat) sets a curfew.
The player (Butler) not only ignores the curfew but comes back with a substance that is both illegal and banned by the NFL.
That is NOT an example of a coach having "great control over his players".
It is an example of a player saying "**** the rules and **** you."
Sure, the player was disciplined by the coach after the transgression ... But, at that time, the coach had no other alternative.

James Harrison's only role going forward is as a situational pass rusher. He can still move bodies with his bullrush, but unless it's 3rd/4th and long, you don't put him on the field.

Pats didn't have the option to do this, since their OLBs are even worse than ours.

**** James and his situation.

I would've started Harrison over Dupree, Chickalo, and Moats, he's not that good anymore, but he was still our 2nd best OLB on our roster and probably out best perimeter pass rusher (Watt wasn't used a pass rusher enough to know really how good he is). That goes to show how much help we need on defense.

I would've started Harrison over Dupree, Chickalo, and Moats, he's not that good anymore, but he was still our 2nd best OLB on our roster and probably out best perimeter pass rusher (Watt wasn't used a pass rusher enough to know really how good he is). That goes to show how much help we need on defense.

I personally thought he should have rotated in to keep Dupree/Watt fresh. They are young and can wear down. If they stuck to that, it would have worked. They didn't so James got knocked to the end of the bench and cut.