• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben Roethlisberger Was Asked If He’s Going To Pull A Tom Brady

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers future Hall of Fame quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined Randy Bauman and the 102.5 DVE morning show on Thursday to discuss tonight’s draft, and few other topics.

“It feels weird, every time I’ve done this show you’re always like ‘Your quarterback, number 7, and I’m just Ben now!’”

“If you get Willis, you’re gonna be like ‘The new number 7.”

The retired quarterback was asked if he was going to pull a Tom Brady. Of course, Brady retired a few days after Roethlisberger did, then un-retired. It doesn’t sound like Pittsburgh was interested in that, even if Roethlisberger would be according to him.

“First off, my coach and GM don’t want me back,” Roethlisberger said, referring to Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert, respectively. “Second of all, I’m pretty content with where I’m at. Being a bus driver, making lunches in the morning.”

It seemed like Tomlin, and Colbert were ready to move on from Roethlisberger last off-season, but after weeks of conversations the two sides decided on one more season together. In hindsight it may have been a better decision to move on last year, but the Steelers did start 2020 11-0 before it all unraveled.

Ben Roethlisberger Discusses The 2022 NFL Draft Today

You can listen to the entire interview here.

Steelers Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady

Dec 16, 2018; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (12) and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) meet at mid-field after playing at Heinz Field. Pittsburgh won 17-10. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I’m like “wtf, Bob doing some serious stepping”.

I knew it all along. Bob is Dave.

8:00 PM can't get here soon enough.