• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bill Maher: GOP Happy to Give Gov’t Handouts — to ‘F*ckface’ Rich Kids

The GOP priorities should be to educate the populace about what smaller government means and why it is good. Then start enacting that philosophy. Too bad that ain't their goals.

Everyone botched about how people with money an lobbyists influence govt. "Get the money out of government!". You accomplish that goal, and more, by taking away the amount of money that govt can spend. When they can't buy votes by spending money they have to borrow or give "loan guarantees", there is less need for lobbyists and the corruption they bring.
And taking away government's power and influence so there is less need to lobby in the first place.

This reveals the liberal thought process. The government isn't "giving" anything back. They are just not stealing it. BTW many farmers own over $5 million in land. Should their children be forced to sell it to pay uncle Sam when the parents die?

By law they took it, by law they didn't take it., by law they can go back to taking it. It has nothing to do with a mindset, rather a reality. When they can take it at will, not taking it is essentially giving it back.

Being taxed at 35% on anything over $5 million is more fair than being taxed at 35% on every penny of $150k. But who got the tax break?

By law they took it, by law they didn't take it., by law they can go back to taking it. It has nothing to do with a mindset, rather a reality. When they can take it at will, not taking it is essentially giving it back.

Being taxed at 35% on anything over $5 million is more fair than being taxed at 35% on every penny of $150k. But who got the tax break?

Bullshit. It's all about mind set. Have you even read the constitution? In the U.S. people give power to the government not the other way around. Just because they take power doesn't make it right or constitutional.

. Again should a farming family have to sell the farm to pay their taxes when their parents die? Is it fair that the federal government wastes BILLIONS of dollars every year? Why should they raise taxes on anyone when they waste so much money? Is it fair that the government is so bloated that they have agencies that do the exact opposite of what they were created for?

Damn. Elfie sure gave all of you CONservatives a memorable smack down with this thread.

Most people who accumulate those levels of wealth avoided their fair share of taxes all their lives through the loop holes and breaks created just for them. There is also the argument that much of that wealth is created from the resources which really belong to the people and are unfairly"liberated" by these people.

Then there is the idea that you don't want an oligarchy class to develop and wrap its tentacles around every aspect of our government and other institutions.

It's not as simple as; "They earned it they should keep it".

Oh and yes it's the Jews behind it all in Hollywood, is that what you're implying?

Simpleton gibberish. You libtards can't put a number on what would constitute ones "fair share", nor can you define who the "rich" are, yet you continue with this same tired old song and dance.

Perhaps you will listen to an economics professor (no doubt liberal), at UCLA (no doubt liberal).

And stop being an *******... you're the one that implied it's the Jews behind it all, you so badly want to say it cause you believe it.
You know you do Elfie.

Last edited:
Most people who accumulate those levels of wealth avoided their fair share of taxes all their lives through the loop holes and breaks created just for them. There is also the argument that much of that wealth is created from the resources which really belong to the people and are unfairly"liberated" by these people.

Then there is the idea that you don't want an oligarchy class to develop and wrap its tentacles around every aspect of our government and other institutions.

Oh and yes it's the Jews behind it all in Hollywood, is that what you're implying?

Who said anything about Jews?

Tell me how much of my property and the wages I earn through my labor belong to other "people" and just who are these people.

Most people who accumulate those levels of wealth avoided their fair share of taxes all their lives through the loop holes and breaks created just for them.

Proof? Yeah, thought so.

There is also the argument that much of that wealth is created from the resources which really belong to the people and are unfairly"liberated" by these people.

The writing style frequented by sentences featuring the phrases "there is" or "there are" earns students "D's" and "F's" in modern writing classes because the style adopts passive voice and fails to identify the actor.

Further, the reason every modern writer and writing critic hates passive voice - ******* HATES IT - is that passive voice is lazy, non-directed, sloppy, inaccurate, and a poor substitute for reasoned analysis.

Specifically, who exactly postulates that "wealth" is in fact "created from the resources which really belong to the people and are unfairly 'liberated' by these people"?

Oh, and a postscript ... you are too lazy and ill-educated to understand that your comment is insufferably inaccurate. Specifically, you claim that wealth belongs to "the people" but that such wealth is "unfairly liberated by these people." Those who own the wealth cannot "unfairly" liberate their own wealth.

Also, how the hell does one "unfairly" liberate wealth, other than by theft?

Further, do you have any goddam evidence showing that decedents subject to the estate tax in fact stole their wealth from others? Or are you simply making this up, as you are making up the rest of your comments???

Bullshit. It's all about mind set. Have you even read the constitution? In the U.S. people give power to the government not the other way around. Just because they take power doesn't make it right or constitutional.

. Again should a farming family have to sell the farm to pay their taxes when their parents die? Is it fair that the federal government wastes BILLIONS of dollars every year? Why should they raise taxes on anyone when they waste so much money? Is it fair that the government is so bloated that they have agencies that do the exact opposite of what they were created for?

Where in the constitution does it say paying taxes is voluntary? Where did I say anything about government waste or raising taxes?

Where in the constitution does it say paying taxes is voluntary? Where did I say anything about government waste or raising taxes?

Where did I say the constitution said anything about taxes? I said specifically that "power" is given to the government not the other way around. The idea of "fairness" in taxation is bullshit because the government wastes a ton of money every day. The government was never intended to be used as a tool to punish certain people while giving away money to others. That's liberal thinking in a nutshell.

The people who own that farm or business or saved a nest egg to pass along to their children have already been taxed on a lifetime of earnings. The value of the farm or the business or the nest egg is what's left AFTER the government has already taken their share. It's not an either or thing.

Full on communist mode, finally! Why have you been hiding this, your true identity so long? **** off.

The idea of "fairness" in taxation is bullshit...

To quote Bill Buckley, Jr., "I would like to electrocute everyone who uses the word 'fair' in connection with income tax policies."

Where did I say the constitution said anything about taxes? I said specifically that "power" is given to the government not the other way around. The idea of "fairness" in taxation is bullshit because the government wastes a ton of money every day. The government was never intended to be used as a tool to punish certain people while giving away money to others. That's liberal thinking in a nutshell.

Who gets taxed and how much are different than what it gets spent on. What's fair is a matter of opinion for everything, not just taxes.

The government was never intended to do a lot of things they currently do.

Who gets taxed and how much are different than what it gets spent on. What's fair is a matter of opinion for everything, not just taxes.

My opinion is that the amount the rich are being taxed is fair.

The people who own that farm or business or saved a nest egg to pass along to their children have already been taxed on a lifetime of earnings. The value of the farm or the business or the nest egg is what's left AFTER the government has already taken their share. It's not an either or thing.

The family farm example is probably as much an exception as Maher's bratty rich kids. My dad grew up in a farm town that is now part of suburban Chicago. He has a couple childhood friends who gladly sold their farm land.

I never said it was either or, only seemingly a priority. My biggest problem with the two major political parties is that I don't believe either place priority on the middle class and majority of the country.

Who said anything about Jews?

Tell me how much of my property and the wages I earn through my labor belong to other "people" and just who are these people.

you owe me approximately $431.82.
I expect that to be the full amount of your estate.

ae2a9837161f5174eccfae925311dc094914aeaa15b11e520e703c00fa185510.jpg

More liberal thought. So "fair" is a matter of opinion but you think the government should be the arbiters of "fairness". The truth is that taxes are punishment for things you don't like or people you don't like. It has nothing to do with fairness. Don't like cigs? Tax the **** out of it. Don't like alcohol? Tax the **** out of it. Don't like "certain" rich people? Tax the **** out of them while letting your buddies skate (GE anyone?). Yea, that's exactly what the U.S. should be about right?

The family farm example is probably as much an exception as Maher's bratty rich kids. My dad grew up in a farm town that is now part of suburban Chicago. He has a couple childhood friends who gladly sold their farm land.

I never said it was either or, only seemingly a priority. My biggest problem with the two major political parties is that I don't believe either place priority on the middle class and majority of the country.

It's not just family farms, it's family businesses, restaurants, investment properties, homes...I ran a retail store that was easily worth 5 million because of the value of the real estate that the family purchased 40 years ago. They built the business from a little rented storefront and bought the building through years of hard work and saving. The son who owns it now has worked there his entire life. He makes a nice living but is far froma multimillionaire. Should his kids have to sell the business their grandfather started 60 years ago to pay the estate taxes?

And for what? To give the money to someone else who didn't spend their entire life earning it? That's what you call fair?

Another friend who would have to sell a beachfront property that has been in the family for generations...mind you, they've paid massive property taxes on the place for decades...paid for the upkeep and renovations and insurance and restoration after hurricanes...but all that time and money they spent on it doesn't belong to them...it's the government's? And that's what you call fair?

Last edited:
It's not just family farms, it's family businesses, restaurants, investment properties, homes...I ran a retail store that was easily worth 5 million because of the value of the real estate that the family purchased 40 years ago. They built the business from a little rented storefront and bought the building through years of hard work and saving. The son who owns it now has worked there his entire life. He makes a nice living but is far froma multimillionaire. Should his kids have to sell the business their grandfather started 60 years ago to pay the estate taxes?

And for what? To give the money to someone else who didn't spend their entire life earning it? That's what you call fair?

Another friend who would have to sell a beachfront property that has been in the family for generations...mind you, they've paid massive property taxes on the place for decades...paid for the upkeep and renovations and insurance and restoration after hurricanes...but all that time and money they spent on it doesn't belong to them...it's the government's? And that's what you call fair?

I have never seen someone as blatantly racist as you.

You are a moderator, you need to get rid of this kind of racism.
i shall defer to coolie. he's more well-rounded at dealing with racism than i am.