• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bill Maher: GOP Happy to Give Gov’t Handouts — to ‘F*ckface’ Rich Kids

The GOP did the estate tax nix and are now accused if helping the rich. Several people are saying taxes are designed to punish. The best examples being progressive and estate taxes. That's why I'm pointing out that the GOP seems to be complicit with at least some of this "punishment".

I'm aware of alternative tax methodologies. I mentioned them. They never seem to gain traction. One economic thing to consider with a flat tax or sales tax is that lower income earners tend to spend whatever money they have. Increase taxes on them and you're essentially taking money out of the economy and giving it to the government.

Some of the flat tax proposals have minimum income levels...so the very poor would still pay nothing.

But ultimately, the real problem is we simply spend too much. The federal government's gone from spending 7% of GDP in 1900 to spending nearly 40% of GDP today. If you want to look at the real source of our economic woes, there it is. How much of GDP do you want the government to spend? 50%? 75%?

The answer isn't to find new sources of revenue. The answer is to halt and reverse this trend, or we are doomed.

Also you would need a lot less lobbying and money spent on lobbying and campaign contributions since a lot of that effort is directed at the tax code.

I thought of adding that, but then added:

Of course, I firmly believe that the federal government could screw this up just like they did for what should be something as simple as an income tax. If you can't imagine "OMG, we can't tax THAT, everyone needs that!!" for a shitload of items, you don't have much imagination.

The GOP did the estate tax nix and are now accused if helping the rich. Several people are saying taxes are designed to punish. The best examples being progressive and estate taxes. That's why I'm pointing out that the GOP seems to be complicit with at least some of this "punishment".

I'm aware of alternative tax methodologies. I mentioned them. They never seem to gain traction. One economic thing to consider with a flat tax or sales tax is that lower income earners tend to spend whatever money they have. Increase taxes on them and you're essentially taking money out of the economy and giving it to the government.

Wealthy people simply consume more. Tax consumption.

It is easy to give breaks to those low on the earning scale by simply rebating some of their taxes paid, even through source additions on each pay. Not hard to do at all.

Part of the reason I am now a registered Libertarian.

Part of the reason I am now a registered Libertarian.

Zat libertarian as in open borders, or the "as long as you're American, Libertari-sortian"?

Zat libertarian as in open borders, or the "as long as you're American, Libertari-sortian"?

The open borders contingent of the Libertarians are the anarcho-capitalist crowd.

As in make up my own mind on each issue as they come and vote (or not) accordingly.......and as in my tiny protest of the complete sale of the republican party. Hell, I might start my own "Don't Label Me (or **** with me), Bro" party.

As in make up my own mind on each issue as they come and vote (or not) accordingly.......and as in my tiny protest of the complete sale of the republican party. Hell, I might start my own "Don't Label Me (or **** with me), Bro" party.

KHATBOKS, Syria (WNB) - A 30-minute audio message to the West recently released by the Islamic State (ISIS) appears to be an attempt to curry favor with the American public.

In the message, ISIS spokesman Sei-Mahhari Bunghol specifically promises to "blow up" the White House, marking the first time the group has directly attempted to appeal to average Americans.

Reaction in the U.S. has been mixed, with the Obama administration condemning the message, but nearly 40% of American voters saying it gave them a "more favorable" opinion of the jihadist group and at least some of its stated goals, according to polls.

KHATBOKS, Syria (WNB) - A 30-minute audio message to the West recently released by the Islamic State (ISIS) appears to be an attempt to curry favor with the American public.

In the message, ISIS spokesman Sei-Mahhari Bunghol specifically promises to "blow up" the White House, marking the first time the group has directly attempted to appeal to average Americans.

Reaction in the U.S. has been mixed, with the Obama administration condemning the message, but nearly 40% of American voters saying it gave them a "more favorable" opinion of the jihadist group and at least some of its stated goals, according to polls.

40% of Americans?? Uhhh...what??? What "polls" are these??

40% of Americans?? Uhhh...what??? What "polls" are these??

LOL...you're too easy Omar, wanna buy a bridge ?

pnTqpdV.jpg

LOL...you're too easy Omar, wanna buy a bridge ?

pnTqpdV.jpg

I'm confused...what poll is claiming that 40% of Americans have a "more favorable" opinion of ISIS? Put up a link, please

I'm confused...what poll is claiming that 40% of Americans have a "more favorable" opinion of ISIS? Put up a link, please

You must be the founding member of the Steeler Nation 40 watt club....

Racist Americans would like to see the white house blown up because there is a black man residing in it, even if they have to side with a terrorist group. It's satire, got it?

Of course in the infinite stupidity of CONservative satirists they conveniently overlook the idea that they have put forward before; that the President is a Muslim, a jew hater, and a terrorist sympathizer.......why would you want to kill the guy helping your cause?

They are as sharp as their audience...or maybe just a little sharper.

You must be the founding member of the Steeler Nation 40 watt club....

Racist Americans would like to see the white house blown up because there is a black man residing in it, even if they have to side with a terrorist group. It's satire, got it?

Of course in the infinite stupidity of CONservative satirists they conveniently overlook the idea that they have put forward before; that the President is a Muslim, a jew hater, and a terrorist sympathizer.......why would you want to kill the guy helping your cause?

They are as sharp as their audience...or maybe just a little sharper.

You fell out of your chair with giddiness when you saw a chance to reply to me, didnt you? Good for you Elfie *pats the leftist on the head*

Albright kinda looks like jeffrey tambor in drag and a wig, in that pic