• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Breaking News - 49ers get WR Stevie Johnson from Bills

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
No link yet,...just seen on the NFL Network

The 49ers fill receiver need with Stevie Johnson trade

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 9, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Stevie Johnson
AP
The 49ers have gone a familiar route to fill a glaring need at wide receiver.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the 49ers are trading for displaced Bills wideout Stevie Johnson.

The cost is a conditional 2015 fourth-round pick which could become a third.

It was clear the Bills were ready to move him after moving up to draft Sammy Watkins last night.

From the 49ers standpoint, It’s a reasonable deal for a guy who should produce right away, similar to the Anquan Boldin deal last offseason. Along with Michael Crabtree, it gives them a solid group, and will allow them to devote the rest of their draft picks to other positions.

I'll be forever grateful to Stevie for dropping that easy TD in Buffalo, allowing the Steelers to win a game they should have lost.

I'll be forever grateful to Stevie for dropping that easy TD in Buffalo, allowing the Steelers to win a game they should have lost.

Funny you mention this because it's the play I ALWAYS think of whenever he gets mentioned.

He's one of those guys I don't get.

I've seen him look like a decent receiver and then I've seen him drop that pass to hand us a victory.

Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good. I guess a fourth is about right for him.

Another good move by the 49ers.

He would instantly be the second-best best receiver on the Steelers.