• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING: Steelers Bringing Back Terrell Edmunds

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers bringing back Safety Terrell Edmunds on a one year deal per Ian Rapoport:

The #Steelers are bringing back S Terrell Edmunds on a 1-year deal, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 22, 2022

This has been a big speculation among fans for months. No one was sure what the team was going to do in regards to the Strong Safety position. That question is now answered at least for the following season.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

it takes away the need to go S in R1. Can look at WR or big bodies now.
Well it is a one year deal so doesn't prevent you from trading up or down for a S IMO. Glad he is under contract.👍

Good move by Steelers! If Edmunds plays well this year we can always extend him next season. We will have even more cap space.

I must be the only one who would rather have Edmonds the the Honey Badger.....taking all into acount. Age. Money. Knowing our system and all. Hope he has a great year.

Well it is a one year deal so doesn't prevent you from trading up or down for a S IMO. Glad he is under contract.👍
I don't disagree at all, we saved over 4 million and it eliminates a pick that would need to be done early and if someone is there that is value later on grab him.

It eliminates the need to take a saftey round 1 IF YOU DONT WANT TO IMPROVE THE POSITION!!!!!!!!!!! B

It eliminates the need to take a saftey round 1 IF YOU DONT WANT TO IMPROVE THE POSITION!!!!!!!!!!! B
To be honest unless you are trading up the value in comparison to other positions probably isn't there. So you want to improve of course. But nothing is saying a 2nd round prospect can't be that improvement. Or if they don't at all you try again another year. Can't always upgrade every position in one off-season.

You can't have PRO-BOWLERS at every position.

Edmonds is slightly above average and is improving along the way.

I see this as increasing our probability of trench warfare pick(s) that can make a day one improvement.

Good job front office for the cap savings of 5th year VS this contract.

Salute the nation

I see KC keeps going to the thrift shop to pop some tags!

The Steelers are finally bringing back Edmunds a week before the draft on a one-year deal at a fraction of his option number. This, along with the lack of interest in the guy from the rest of the league, speaks volumes about what kind of player he is.

Unless Hamilton falls, the next level of safeties are way down on my list to draft. Potential prospects I'd definitely take over the safeties:

WR: Williams, Wilson, Olave
OL: Johnson, Penning, Green
CB: McDuffie, Booth
LB: Lloyd, Dean
DL: Davis

Hill from Michigan is a guy that can play anywhere and be a great addition but SS may not be ideal. Really like Cine, Brisker and Pitre. I'd take any of them round 2 but now that we have Edmonds back, it's not a round one discussion. The Steelers need help in the trenches as DIC said and also mentioned that you'll never have pro bowl candidates everywhere. There's also the WR position or a corner who falls.

I liked the Badger hype for two reasons, he can play multiple positions and always makes some splash plays during the year, covering tight ends and slot receivers. Unfortunately he's a "bit" expensive, can play SS but not his best position.

Hell, if his price drops and we don't get anymore help in the secondary I'd still sign him.

Not surprised they signed him. I am surprised it was only for a year and for only $2.5 million. I figured they'd try to sign him for 2 or 3 years. He is a decent option opposite Minkah and as I've said before, Minkah has openly said he is very comfortable playing opposite Edmunds. That means something when you're about to pay a guy $17+ million per year. All this really does now is allow the Steelers to not reach in the draft for a S. It's a very good move as usual. I still hope we can get Davis with our 1st pick. He would instantly make so many pieces now on our D that much better. Solidify the middle of the field at the line. It would also be sweet to see them draft a S in the 1st few rounds who turns out to be a good NFL player that will play opposite Minkah for most of his time in Pittsburgh. Although, with Edmunds back, they could wait until next year to do that but I still think we should go DL, WR and S with our 1st 3 picks. BPA at those positions in each round.

Solid move to solidify the back end. Minkah loves playing with him. He's at the bare minimum a dependable, athletic, young veteran who knows the system inside and out. You can easily add a rookie to the mix, not have to force him onto the field until he's ready, and see how it plays out. Also gives you great flexibility in the draft. Edmonds offers a proven, solid starter to work with. At this price, it's an absolute no-brainer move. Kudos to Colbert.