• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING: Steelers Bringing Back Terrell Edmunds

Hamilton but he should be long gone in 1. Cine in 2 just love his game I think he will end up being a solid NFL safety. In 3 maybe Pitre (spell check). There is some interesting options but with Edmunds back they might go another position if value is equal like RT,G,Dline,CB,WR, or QB. I will say there is a lot of interesting ways they can approach the draft so it will be a fun watch who they decide on.

Thanks slash and I've seen Pitre's name come up before. In rnd 3 I'd take him as well.

I'm not sure of their direction either.............. first round possibilities

1) Move up for QB.................... (my opinion worst option)

2) Take best player at 1.20 (Davis will be gone if not the rats will take him before us)

3) WR ......................... This is a deep class with speed and size. (could be best value unless see #4)

4) S..............Hamilton slips down to us, injury factor or not we jump on this

5) OT........ All the value players are gone except Penning (even then I don't know if Tombert pull that trigger)

That is just a taste of how they could go in the first. Whom ever they pick in the first will sort of dictate down the remaining draft.

Salute the nation

Unpossible!!! Coach Tomlin and Mr. Colbert are the dumbest combo of all time...
So, Tomlin and Colbert are the smartest combo of all-time because they signed a guy at 37% of his option price? The fact that they re-signed Edmunds for relative peanuts after he found little interest around the league doesn't make them geniuses...it makes them look injudicious for over-drafting an obviously pedestrian player in the first round.

Hamilton but he should be long gone in 1. Cine in 2 just love his game I think he will end up being a solid NFL safety. In 3 maybe Pitre (spell check). There is some interesting options but with Edmunds back they might go another position if value is equal like RT,G,Dline,CB,WR, or QB. I will say there is a lot of interesting ways they can approach the draft so it will be a fun watch who they decide on.
Agreed on Cine. He is a very physical DB. Keeps the play in front of him too, so he just attacks.

Definitely one not afraid to go after a runningback or tight end. Would look good in the B&G.

Wait wait, I'm confused. I distinctly remember him saying he was going to make the Steelers sorry they didn't pick up his 5th year option. I wonder, does he think he made them sorry, but getting the same guy, but for a few million less? I wonder if this will make him want to play like the guy he thought he was when he was sure he'd snag more money on the open market? One can hope. Less yap yap, more play.

Joe

He sure will play his *** off for a new contract. He has the physical tools and is in a very good position with Minkah next to him and the Steelers amazing pass rush. He needs to develop his instinct and awareness, I don't know if that's possible but sure hope so.

He sure will play his *** off for a new contract. He has the physical tools and is in a very good position with Minkah next to him and the Steelers amazing pass rush. He needs to develop his instinct and awareness, I don't know if that's possible but sure hope so.
I think at this point he is a stop gap. Seems like that is how the Steelers view him.

Wait wait, I'm confused. I distinctly remember him saying he was going to make the Steelers sorry they didn't pick up his 5th year option. I wonder, does he think he made them sorry, but getting the same guy, but for a few million less? I wonder if this will make him want to play like the guy he thought he was when he was sure he'd snag more money on the open market? One can hope. Less yap yap, more play.

Joe
I remember one of the games the Steelers were getting spanked and they put a lot of backups in. One of those backups got an interception and, despite getting crushed, ran over to the camera to do the group pose. It was a bunch of no name backups who would be lucky to be on the team again this year....and Terrell Edmunds. He's not a bad player, I just hated that mentality from one of your starting defenders.

So, Tomlin and Colbert are the smartest combo of all-time because they signed a guy at 37% of his option price? The fact that they re-signed Edmunds for relative peanuts after he found little interest around the league doesn't make them geniuses...it makes them look injudicious for over-drafting an obviously pedestrian player in the first round.
Cornflakes a bit sour???

Cornflakes a bit sour???
Not at all.

Just was wondering why you think that signing Edmunds to a smaller contract now excuses Tomlin and Colbert for drafting third round talent with the 28th overall pick in 2018.

I remember one of the games the Steelers were getting spanked and they put a lot of backups in. One of those backups got an interception and, despite getting crushed, ran over to the camera to do the group pose. It was a bunch of no name backups who would be lucky to be on the team again this year....and Terrell Edmunds. He's not a bad player, I just hated that mentality from one of your starting defenders.
Jarvis Jones and Edmunds are from the same cloth. I keep hoping he turns into a starter, since he's well, starting for us, but I just can't imagine someone sitting behind him couldn't do the same or more, for less.

Joe