• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Brian Williams kind of admits he is a liar

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/nbc-...ts-iraq-story-after-soldiers-protest-1.327792

Not surprised at all that another member of the media (one of the biggest names in all of TV) is pulling a Clinton. http://www.stripes.com/news/us/nbc-...ts-iraq-story-after-soldiers-protest-1.327792

My favorite line - “I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago,” Williams said. “I want to apologize.”

I want to know how you mess up recalling being in a helicopter that is hit by RPGs. How is that possible? I would have a lot more respect for Williams if he said "I grossly embellished the events that took place on that day to make it more newsworthy". Instead he blames his memory. In the good ol days NBC would have run him straight out of town.....now, I doubt this even causes a blip in the radar.

Even his "apology" is bullshit.

"I was in a helicopter following the one that was hit."

Uhhh, you were an hour behind, dumbass. Since the Chinooks travel at 125 mph, you were 120-*******-five miles away!!

There are vets who were over there when this happened that are saying that Williams flew straight to Kuwait after landing in the helicopter and that he didn't stay for that "harrowing" sandstorm.
I don't watch him, and even if he were the last anchorman on earth, I wouldn't. Lying *******.

Was that the same chopper that Hillary was on?

Bomma will give him the Medal of Honor now.

When I was driving the kids to school, yesterday, an unmarked apache helicopter swooped out of the sky and strafed my car, riddling it with bullets.

Oh, wait. Nevermind, that wasn't me,

Yesterday, I became qualified to pilot the Space Shuttle.

Oh wait. In review, it may have been someone else.

When I was driving the kids to school, yesterday, an unmarked apache helicopter swooped out of the sky and strafed my car, riddling it with bullets.

Oh, wait. Nevermind, that wasn't me,

are you ok? Bomma can send funds.

Tom Brokaw, a man of integrity said Williams should be fired.

He should have to wear a crown with "Drama Queen" on it for a month while on the air if he wants to keep his job. He's a liar and BS artist. While I sort of admire that he has come clean, it took him 12 freakin' years to do so.

It's all downhill from here for this guy. Now they want to go back and review his reporting of the New Orleans flood stories...LOL

But that particular account and others he provided on the epic storm are now being scrutinized because several news outlets reporting from the French Quarter have noted that the neighborhood, the tourist and cultural heart of New Orleans, was spared the worst and saw little flooding, according to The New Orleans Advocate.

“I accidentally ingested some of the flood water. I became very sick with dysentery,” Williams said. “I saw a lot of people with cuts and bruises and such, but I don’t recall a single, solitary case of gastroenteritis during Katrina or in the whole month afterward,” Brobson Lutz, a former New Orleans city health director, told The Advocate.

whoopsie....

I've never served in the military, unless I've had way too much to drink. I never speak of my heroics when I'm sober to slightly sober.

It's all downhill from here for this guy. Now they want to go back and review his reporting of the New Orleans flood stories...LOL

Boosh blew up the levees because he hates black people. Everyone knows that.

actually, ark blew up the levees.

because. blow.

B9CtujSCcAAghFc.jpg

NBC is shocked that their reporters lie?? That’s what they hire them for.

"Damn, those tablets were heavy!"

B9DWvveCUAI29HT.jpg

Why is this in God and Government?

good question

ka-boom - it's all blowin' up

NBC is officially discredited as a news source - no better than TASS

10530642_10153087192838588_6276046608568592961_o.jpg

200.gif

NBC Launches Investigation Of Brian Williams

NBC News is investigating chief anchor Brian Williams over his now-retracted statement that he was in a helicopter in Iraq that was hit by enemy fire and forced to land, according to a person familiar with the matter. .

The internal probe is being led by Richard Esposito, who heads the network's investigative unit and was formerly an editor at The Daily News of New York.

Meanwhile, further scrutiny of Williams' past statements surfaced Friday amid a challenge to his account of his experiences in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

NBC News didn't respond to a request for comment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/02/06/brian-williams-katrina-coverage-in-question/22980005/