• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bud Dupree placed on injured reserve

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...n-dupree-hopefully-hell-back-uniform-us-2016/

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hold your horses, Coach. All we're debating here is the complaint by (some) fans that the Steelers aren't being honest and forthright enough when it comes to injuries, a la Ladarius Green concussion/headache, Dupree's groin, et al.

With Green, the Steelers medical staff blew it. And Green lied about his health. This is a mess...

With the other injuries, the medical staff either understated the initial injury, or Tomlin downplayed it to the point of being what some might view is dishonest.

ZACKB

Reaction score
I agree with all of this 100%

With Green, the Steelers medical staff blew it. And Green lied about his health. This is a mess...

With the other injuries, the medical staff either understated the initial injury, or Tomlin downplayed it to the point of being what some might view is dishonest.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So can anyone who believes the medical staff and the Steelers are at fault explain how you diagnose a headache with out the patient saying I'm having headaches.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So can anyone who believes the medical staff and the Steelers are at fault explain how you diagnose a headache with out the patient saying I'm having headaches.

You're an idiot. If we can run a test on someone to determine diabetes, then we can diagnose a headache telepathically.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Ahhh the old we should of known Simmons had diabetes thing again. Lol. Wonder who said that

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
I doubt that. Golson can't even throw down the Pouncey card. At least Pouncey, while on the field is actually a dominant player. Golson is at best "Goodish", maybe. He hasn't played for 2 years. It's time. I hate to be that ******' guy but come on. Seriously? How long are you going to send get well cards to a fellow who simply can't get well?

It's all well and good to have a bird in the bush, but this bird is an eaglet with a broken wing on top of a precipitous peak that can't be scaled. Let the ****** go. Sorry man. I really am. I have long hoped for a dominant corner. I would have loved for you to be that corner. You are the opposite of a dominant corner. For two years, you've been a guy in a hospital bed. It's not your fault. I'm not blaming you. I don't hold any resentments against you. It just didn't work out. I expect that in 3 or 4 years, once you can walk again, another team may be willing to sign you. I'm sure you find these kinds of attitudes frustrating and they make you angry. They may make you want to kick something. Don't do it. You'll only injure your toe.
cool.....I'm using parts of this on the next break up speech....thanks wig.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Bud just finished his surgery. He's now on a 6 week time table to be 100% being 10/20. That gives him 2 1/2 weeks before the IR designation can be lifted and he should be ready to play the Ravens on November 6!

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...steelers-lb-bud-dupree-surgery-injured-groin/

I'm trying to find out who his surgeon is. The Philly surgeon Dr. Will Meyers is the tops, so I hope he went there!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...right-to-the-core-of-athletes-injuries-120215

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Toll yinz what? Golson will not be returning to the field when he does come back from the injury. He will be returning to start practicing for the first time in his 2 year NFL career. Then, how long will it take for him to beat out the other players on the team to even get a chance to sniff the field? He is not one of our top 4 CB's right now as the dude has never practiced or played in a preseason game.

Golson with no practice from last year was made the starting nickle back this spring and then in training camp. There is no reason to believe he won't run there if healthy. He knows the defense that isn't the issue. When healthy he will play I believe

I can't disagree with TDX but I believe ( hope ? ) ADJ has the better grasp of the situation. I don't think he has to beat out anybody when he returns because the coaches know that nobody else ( currently on the team except Gay ) has shown that ability.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Ahhh the old we should of known Simmons had diabetes thing again. Lol. Wonder who said that

<<<<<<

Actually, I did. I hear Kendall's doing well these days.

chipped ham

Reaction score

The guy lied about his health. If he wasn't in the protocol, are the Steelers to believe he's still dealing with concussion symptoms? Sure, they can check out his knees and ankles, but how exactly are they going to determine if he's still dealing with any post-concussion issues? The best way to know who's at fault is the fact that the Steelers will probably recoup the signing bonus if/when they need to pursue it. And who does Tomlin have to be honest with exactly? The pos in new england does it all the time and he gets renowned for it. As fans, it sucks to be in the dark, but why do we have to know anything? The NHL does this **** too and it's accepted.