• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Burgess Owens on 'Reparations'

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
Illuminating commentary on some of our sordid past and 'reparations' from a man qualified to comment...

He clearly lays out the marxist map to separate a people from who they are by corrupting the schools that teach their children, and the actual history of what DEMOCRATS did to his people and family. His family's story is moving. His message is moving. And his prescription for the wrongs done to his people IS that democrats make the, his word, RESTITUTION.

History - democrats owned slaves. Republicans didn't. democrats lynched over 3,000 free blacks. democrats lynched over 1,300 Republicans who had gone to the South to teach freed slaves to read, write, run farms, businesses, and horrors, run for office. Every single African-American in Congress, House and Senate, until 1935 was a Republican. In 1872, the first black governor took office in Louisiana. He was a Republican.

More history...

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution -- is a purely Republican achievement, because every single Democrat in Congress voted against the 14th Amendment. That is another fact deftly omitted from American history textbooks these days: we owe our Constitution’s guarantee of equal protection of the laws and due process to Republicans, and this bedrock of American civil rights was unanimously opposed by the Democrats.

Three years later, in 1869, the Republicans proposed yet another constitutional amendment, this one specifically guaranteeing blacks the right to vote. The same partisanship was in evidence: 98% of Republicans voted for it; 97% of the Democrats voted against it.

Seven years later, Republicans in Congress authored what was then, and what remains today, the most sweeping Civil Rights legislation ever enacted. The 1875 Civil Rights Act guaranteed the right of equal access to all citizens in all public accommodations -- whether or not owned or controlled by the government. Now that phrase, “public accommodations,” is very familiar to us today, because it was at the heart of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which became the focal point of the 1960s civil rights movement. The reason that this question was before the Congress again in the 1960s is that the 1875 Civil Rights Act only lasted for eight years before the Supreme Court declared it unconstitutional. What finally became law in 1964, therefore, was the original Republican legislation of 90 years earlier. Not surprisingly, in 1964 a significantly higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Even if 'reparations' we somehow in order, the 400,000 Union soldiers that gave their lives and the countless that had their lives shattered by the Civil War more than paid that price.

To all dims, far and wide, I have a simple massage to you. Your people did it. You cough it up.

Owens is obviously a racist.

Did he even call out Trump for the "very fine people" misquote pilloried by the (D)ims? No, huh? There you have it. No further proof needed.

Remember when Trump called Mexicans rapists?

Reparations for every Mexican!!

Reparations for everyone. Sign up and get some.

In all seriousness, this is nothing more than a cheap political stunt to muddy the waters going into 2020, There are no practical means to administer such a program, and the working class of this country will reject it wholesale.

And good for Coleman Hughes, who had the courage to speak his mind as well (even against boos in the audience):

Honestly, the fact that they are actually debating this bill is ridiculous.

It is nothing more than lip service. Dims have had Congress and president and did ****.

can us of Irish descent get in on this reparation thingy?

can us of Irish descent get in on this reparation thingy?

No ****, right? Many races throughout history have been treated terribly. But it's the past, and this great country offers every single person the chance to succeed and grab the American dream.

I was talking to an Iranian migrant today actually (who became a citizen through the legal process), and he said "Safety" was the greatest word he's ever known, here in the United States, because it's absolutely true for every citizen. He went on to say that it's a slap in the face to people who go through the process legally, to accept illegal immigrants under the guise of "we just want to help", when it's really we just want your votes.

I live in the melting pot of Southern California, and I will tell you from personal experience that there are many many migrants wanting immigration reform more than anything else.

And good for Coleman Hughes, who had the courage to speak his mind as well (even against boos in the audience):

Some good thoughts there, but still missing the point. Specifically; having the government make people generations removed from slavery pay some arbitrary amount to other people also generations removed from slavery is ridiculous on its face. It isn't a serious topic. It's a joke.

Also, the federal government shouldn't make policies that try to make a certain class more successful - the middle class, black people (I guess they are a class now), whatever. The federal government should MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!! and then everyone will benefit.

As a member of a family that started here in the US as indentured servants and then members who had a place along the Underground Railroad, and lost 7 members in the Civil War fighting against slavery, I intend to say **** you to anyone expecting our family to pay any kind of reparations.

Honestly, the fact that they are actually debating this bill is ridiculous.

It is nothing more than lip service. Dims have had Congress and president and did ****.

Oh no ark, these dimwits are serious..

The audience at the hearing booed Hughes after he said, “Black people don’t need another apology. We need safer neighborhoods and better schools. We need a less punitive criminal justice system. We need affordable health care. And none of these things can be achieved through reparations for slavery.”
https://www.mediaite.com/news/chill...-as-witness-trashes-slavery-reparations-bill/

It's sad that people actually want to project the fact that they sincerely believe they are owed money for something that happened centuries ago but it's sadder yet that we have politicians pandering to these slugs to garner their votes.

QwK0fFa.jpg

Nothing is going to help Black America until they restore the family unit and have their children start to be raised by the fathers that sired them. Nothing. Not better schools. Not quotas. Not reparations. Not changes in crime laws. Not legalization of drugs. None of it.

You CAN NOT have a productive culture when 75%-80% of your young people are raised in broken homes and no fathers around and a culture that accepts that as "the norm" or blames that on anything but themselves.

Hell yes. I wish more like him would speak up. Bravo sir.

I've done the same---just haven't been on this side in over a year (I think...could be longer). Most of us, African-Americans, know the history of the Dems; but, somewhere in time [I'd venture to say the 60's - 70's] there was a party shift and many were bamboozled with the 'storyline'.

Say what you will, President John F. Kennedy and President Barack Obama, they were polarizing figures that attracted many to 'come out of the woodwork' and support the Democratic party.

I've traced my family roots back to a Southern Captain from the Rebel Army of the south. Can't change that. Does anyone owe me or my family 40 acres and a mule? Possibly but the reality is that, "it ain't ever gonna happen", so, I make the best of what God has in my plan and keep it moving (forward).

I simply as for equality for all. Nothing more.

No ****, right? Many races throughout history have been treated terribly. But it's the past, and this great country offers every single person the chance to succeed and grab the American dream.

I was talking to an Iranian migrant today actually (who became a citizen through the legal process), and he said "Safety" was the greatest word he's ever known, here in the United States, because it's absolutely true for every citizen. He went on to say that it's a slap in the face to people who go through the process legally, to accept illegal immigrants under the guise of "we just want to help", when it's really we just want your votes.

I live in the melting pot of Southern California, and I will tell you from personal experience that there are many many migrants wanting immigration reform more than anything else.

I respect your post but...

One cannot compare 400 years of slavery in the United States (oh, the slaves were ripped from their homes in Africa) to those who "migrated" to the US for a better life. This is not even an apple to orange comparison.

The closest group, in history, would be the Hebrews of Biblical times. They, for those that don't know, were also 'of color' and they were displaced to Egypt and various other locations in the Middle East.

I hope you understand my argument here - I do not wish to make this a "thing" just adding some information to the conversation...

This list could be endless, the American Indian, Japanese internment camps, Irish and Italian were sold as indentured servants.

Women for years were second class citizens.

What I'm sure of is, after the current crisis is resolved, there will be a push to right these other injustices, well maybe not the Irish or Italians.

Pure political showmanship and pandering for votes, nothing more.

I respect your post but...

One cannot compare 400 years of slavery in the United States (oh, the slaves were ripped from their homes in Africa) to those who "migrated" to the US for a better life. This is not even an apple to orange comparison.

The closest group, in history, would be the Hebrews of Biblical times. They, for those that don't know, were also 'of color' and they were displaced to Egypt and various other locations in the Middle East.

I hope you understand my argument here - I do not wish to make this a "thing" just adding some information to the conversation...

You're absolutely right that there is a huge difference. However most of the slaves brought to the U.S. were already slaves in Africa. Most were sold into slavery by the Muslim slave trade or directly by African tribes that had conquered another tribe and took those people as slaves.

The best thing to do now is move on. It's been over with for over 154 years. People through out history have been enslaved and/or destroyed outright. There is no reason why people in the U.S. today can't get ahead in life. The only other alternative is to separate. I'd rather do that than have this constant fight that might turn deadly. That way nobody can blame anyone else and you don't have this tension built into everything.

You're absolutely right that there is a huge difference. However most of the slaves brought to the U.S. were already slaves in Africa. Most were sold into slavery by the Muslim slave trade or directly by African tribes that had conquered another tribe and took those people as slaves.

The best thing to do now is move on. It's been over with for over 154 years. People through out history have been enslaved and/or destroyed outright. There is no reason why people in the U.S. today can't get ahead in life. The only other alternative is to separate. I'd rather do that than have this constant fight that might turn deadly. That way nobody can blame anyone else and you don't have this tension built into everything.

Vader, we don't always agree; but, I do agree w/ you now.

No one is alive today who was a slave under the anti-bellum system

No one is alive today who was a slave owner under the anti-bellum system.

There is no one who is owed reparations and no one who owes reparations.

The whole idea is nonsense brought forward by those that seek to gain from the division the notion causes (the DNC) and those that think they may be able to cash in on it (the usual race hustling poverty pimping suspects).