• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bye Bye Mitch.

It was the obvious move….obviously.

The thing for me is Mad…….they did it quickly. Let’s have no more ******* around. Instead of diddling around ,which I hope is in the past. The Bush bull-****….the Canada Bull-**** has left a very bad taste in the mouth of us Steeler fans. Waiting way too long to address the Oline situation. I could go on. A 17 year HC that is way too loyal. You could see it start to change last year.
Omar & Andy have a plan. I just hope they lock up Andy somehow.

Near my sentiments as well Steelmann.

I think many here have sold Art Deuce a little short, I think he laid a little urgency in the works. You can see a little change from normal outA coach Tomlin.

I was very worried when there was rumor Wiedl might be gone, but He’s still here and I hope like hellA, they find a way to keep him for 5+ years.

One more thing, I think our new OC is going to get free-R reign, compliments of Art 2.

Salute the nation

I was baffled why they gave Mitch an extension last year.
Many here defended that silly contract as necessary in case something happened to KFP. Few wanted the much cheaper Rudy. Steelers just wasted $7-8M, and a few games, on crappy Mitch, post Canada. That was obviously Tomlin.

I was baffled why they gave Mitch an extension last year.

No ramifications on the extension, so it was just a low risk / reward situation. Didn’t cost much, just in case he turned it around…

That reasoning softened my blow, when they extended him last year.

Salute the nation

Near my sentiments as well Steelmann.

I think many here have sold Art Deuce a little short, I think he laid a little urgency in the works. You can see a little change from normal outA coach Tomlin.

I was very worried when there was rumor Wiedl might be gone, but He’s still here and I hope like hellA, they find a way to keep him for 5+ years.

One more thing, I think our new OC is going to get free-R reign, compliments of Art 2.

Salute the nation
Meh....I think you give Mr. Rooney to much credit. We will see if and when a Tomlin extension ever comes about. How much control our new OC has vs Tomlin's meddling fingers. I am a bit disappointed that we our going with the status quo with our coaches and scheme on the defensive side of the ball. It is what it is though.

Meh....I think you give Mr. Rooney to much credit. We will see if and when a Tomlin extension ever comes about. How much control our new OC has vs Tomlin's meddling fingers. I am a bit disappointed that we our going with the status quo with our coaches and scheme on the defensive side of the ball. It is what it is though.

Tomlin conceded the offense, but wasn’t ready to give up the defense yet.

Coach Tomlin will have his hands in most things with-in the team. I just hope the OC does get more reign than the past OCs. Art Deuce insisted on the outside hire, that I’m pretty sure of.

Salute the nation

Great to read this tonight.

Best of luck to ya, Mitch. He will be selling insurance in a couple years.

I don't have anything bad to say about Mitch. The steelers probably misled him when they signed him. Mitch played well subbing for Josh Allen. Lots of talk about him being a potential starter again. He had options when he chose the steelers. Then they drafted Kenny. Then he had to try to run the Canada offense while splitting reps. Then he was pretty much scapegoated and replaced by Kenny.

Mitch really was in a no win situation with the steelers.

Baker Mayfield found himself in a good situation with Tamp and may have turned his career around. Maybe Mitch can find a good fit himself.

I don't have anything bad to say about Mitch. The steelers probably misled him when they signed him. Mitch played well subbing for Josh Allen. Lots of talk about him being a potential starter again. He had options when he chose the steelers. Then they drafted Kenny. Then he had to try to run the Canada offense while splitting reps. Then he was pretty much scapegoated and replaced by Kenny.

Baker Mayfield found himself in a good situation with Tamp and may have turned his career around. Maybe Mitch can find a good fit himself.
Mitch is an easy guy to root for and I wish him well at his next stop. It ended up just not being a good fit here, but the same could be said for 4+ different QBs who have played here for the past few seasons.

Does anyone know how much Mitch will hit the 2024 salary cap? Chuc?

So were most of the rest of us, but at least someone woke up, better late than never.
Better late than never, yeah, but now they're stuck with $4.6 million in dead cap.
Does anyone know how much Mitch will hit the 2024 salary cap? Chuc?
$4,613,334 and $3,083,334, respectively.

He had his chances as a Steeler and screwed them up

Umm, Mitch attempted exactly eight passes as a Bill, one of which was intercepted.

Exactly. Mitch was 2-5 as a starter in Pittsburgh. Love them or hate them, Kenny and Mason combined to go 17-10 (17-11 with the playoff loss to the Bills) in the other games started for the Steelers in 2022 and 2023.

T

The Steelers had a rep as a team that would let you walk if you wanted to find a better situation. There have been some recent deviations, and honestly Mitch tanked any trade value he had this year, but I dont think there was any value in holding onto the guy. He wasnt going to be on the day one roster, he wasnt a fit for a conservative offense, and his presence as a former starter would throw up red flags for any vet we tried to bring in.

Better late than never, yeah, but now they're stuck with $4.6 million in dead cap.

$4,613,334 and $3,083,334, respectively.

Yeah but each was an overall cap savings to cut. All of that dead cap was from signing bonuses already paid. Cutting Mitch freed up 3 million dollars overall this year.. even more next year

The big issue is that signing even a Jacoby Brissett level backup is going to cost like 8 million bucks...

Many here defended that silly contract as necessary in case something happened to KFP. Few wanted the much cheaper Rudy. Steelers just wasted $7-8M, and a few games, on crappy Mitch, post Canada. That was obviously Tomlin.
I was one, while not in favor of the extension, understood lowering his cap number to be the backup. NOW that he has proven to NOT be B/U material, you cut his arse.
I also was of the opinion that they should have rolled with Rudolph instead of adding Mitch. Drafting KP, I still believe was a sound decision, as they had much info on him, more than any other QB.
KP is still on his rookie deal, so you at least proceed under the he is the guy plan. With a competent OC and QB Coach, just maybe he gets “coached up” and succeeds. If not, then 25 or 26 is the year to look again.

One of the bigger free agent busts in Steelers history.
It was clear this year his career is over.
Completely helpless out there.
I hope he was smart with his NFL money.

As for Chuks... he's been bad here for a few years. Does he now go to a team with a real coaching staff and play well?

I used OTC and they will account for $7.7 in dead money and save around $12.7 in cap space. I don't know if those figures are exact.

DK Sports used 12 something Million as well this morning. Thanks for the info 448.!

Salute the nation

THIS ^^^^^

Everyone wants to make an excuse for these guys. They failed, end of story. To many excuses used Franchise wise.

Salute the nation

In other breaking news: water is wet.

Seriously though, everyone knows he is toast.