• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

California's Gun Laws on Display at YouTube

She shot somebody.

Getting serious, I don't think she violated any. But if you have seen any of her videos, she is not well.

So, Tim is really mocking the effectiveness of laws against murder.

So, Tim is really mocking the effectiveness of laws against murder.

giphy.gif

Which, if any, of California’s gun laws did she violate?

My side, the RIGHT side, has been telling you since YOUR side began screaming for gun laws that gun laws don't work.

California has the strictest gun laws of any state in the union. And for the billionth time, someone bent on killing got a gun. During the Assault Weapons Ban, gun violence grew. The states and municipalities with the strictest gun laws are often the most violent. That county/township in Georgia the mandates each home have a gun has a 2% crime rate and one murder since the law was passed.

Gun laws will never, ever, never prevent criminals from obtaining guns.

This woman yesterday just further proved the argument. You can continue to try to pass all the laws you want. People who are determined to kill will attempt to do so, laws be damned. No law, no Gun Free Zone sign, will stop them.

The guns have never ever been the problem. See London, that just passed New York City as a more violent city. They've reverted to using knives.

So good being on the RIGHT.

My side, the RIGHT side, has been telling you since YOUR side began screaming for gun laws that gun laws don't work.

California has the strictest gun laws of any state in the union. And for the billionth time, someone bent on killing got a gun. During the Assault Weapons Ban, gun violence grew. The states and municipalities with the strictest gun laws are often the most violent. That county/township in Georgia the mandates each home have a gun has a 2% crime rate and one murder since the law was passed.

This woman yesterday just further proved the argument. You can continue to try to pass all the laws you want. People who are determined to kill will attempt to do so, laws be damned. No law, no Gun Free Zone sign, will stop them.

The guns have never ever been the problem. See London, that just passed New York City as a more violent city. They've reverted to using knives.

So good being on the RIGHT.

giphy.gif

So she could have just as easily used a RPG because... “gun laws don’t work”?

We should let anyone of any age walk into a convenience store and buy guns and ammo no questions asked because “gun laws don’t work”?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Flog LOL

Speeding is illegal. Americans speed every day.
Murder is illegal. Murder happens every day.
Burglary is illegal. Burglary happens every day.
Rape is illegal. Rapes happen daily.
Tax evasion is illegal. Americans cheat on their taxes.
Illegal immigration is illegal. Daily illegal immigrants pour across our borders.

**** one can make that list a mile long.

Laws do not prevent crimes. They penalize crimes. They intend to deter criminal activity, but criminals are - :::drum roll::: - criminals. They don't obey the law.

Further, Americans have a right to own guns. And no matter how desperately you wish for a gun confiscation and a gun ban, it will NEVER happen.

These are gun stores, open in every municipality in the nation..a local store, WalMart, Dicks pictured below. The retailers can choose not to sell them. That won't change the demand for guns, and those demanding guns will make the other companies that sell guns rich.

There are 300+Million guns in this country. Except poor Supe who's guns fell overboard on a boat and are at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Regardless there's no rolling this number of guns back.

IMG_20170706_135132005.jpg

598c4e87a3bfa.image_.jpg

p.guns_.0121.jpg

No one here argues there shouldn't be legislation for guns. Age limits and so forth. But that isn't what the Left is after.

I am friends with a local reporter. He wrote a nice article about my son on his football team this fall. We recently got into a gun control debate. Finally after rounds of debate, he came out and said it - "I don't believe citizens should be able to own any firearm period." That is your view too. You want gun confiscation.

That will never happen. There would be a war first.

So in the meantime, you all keep pushing for further legislation. And it will continue to fail as it did in California, at YouTube yesterday.

The laws will NEVER prevent a person bent on killing from getting a gun. Gun legislation to date has failed. The evidence is out there.

BTW, it's worth inserting here how amazingly bent Liberals are on having legislation for guns and sodas, but have a problem supporting voter ID laws. Interesting that.

now RPGs are the same as semi-automatic handguns?

do you even know what an RPG is, or are you just pulling willfully ignorant and obtuse **** out of your *** in order to argue?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Flog LOL

No one here argues there shouldn't be legislation for guns. Age limits and so forth.

LOL! Legislation? What, couldn’t get yourself to use “laws” after repeatedly insisting gun laws never work?

That’s pointless overstatement, now isn’t it?

LOL! Legislation? What, couldn’t get yourself to use “laws” after repeatedly insisting gun laws never work?

That’s pointless overstatement, now isn’t it?

Back it on up Flog. You're earning your nick today in spades.

Use whatever term you'd like. Laws, legislation, rules. They don't work. Ms. Angry Employee in Libifornia yesterday showed us again.

Next retort I need to smash?

Which, if any, of California’s gun laws did she violate?

California Penal Code §25850 defines what constitutes a loaded weapon. Carrying a loaded weapon in an urban area, outside of a designated and licensed shooting range, or with licensing for carrying the weapon (security guards, etc.) is illegal. That's one.

Semi-automatic firearms that the state has classified as assault weapons; .50 BMG caliber rifles; and high-capacity magazines (magazines that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition) may not be sold in California. Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is prohibited without a Dangerous Weapons Permit, that is received from the California Department of Justice pending a good reason for their possession such as: manufacture, repair, collecting in limited cases (pre-1990), movie prop guns or dealing to police/military.

California is a "may issue" state for permits to carry concealed guns. The willingness of issuing authorities in California ranges from No Issue in most urban areas to Shall Issue in rural counties. Additionally, the issuing authority can also impose restrictions on the CCW permit-holder, such as limiting concealed carry only to the purposes listed on the approved CCW permit application. However, concealed carry permits are valid statewide, regardless of where they were issued. This creates a situation where residents in presumptively No Issue locations such as Los Angeles and San Francisco cannot lawfully carry a concealed firearm, but residents from other counties with more permissive CCW issuance policies can lawfully carry within these same jurisdictions. California does not recognize concealed carry permits issued by other states, and non-residents are generally forbidden from obtaining a California concealed carry permit.

CA_CCW_Counties_JAN_2018V3.2.png

You will note San Mateo County, where the city of San Mateo is located, as being one of the many "never or almost never" conceal carry counties in the state. Shooter carrying concealed weapon, and I am sure she did not have a concealed carry permit. So that's two.

She is reported to have fired 30-40 rounds. Did she have magazines that could hold more than 10 rounds? Very possibly. If so, that's three.

Good enough??

Last edited:
Back it on up Flog. You're earning your nick today in spades.

Use whatever term you'd like. Laws, legislation, rules. They don't work. Ms. Angry Employee in Libifornia yesterday showed us again.

Next retort I need to smash?

You just conceded the need for gun laws and now you’re back to insisting they don’t work. LOL! You’re doing a fine job of smashing your own retorts.

I thought it was only Dukes of Hazzard loving, Lynyrd Skynyrd listening, feeling up your sister, bullet belt buckle wearing, Trump worshiping Rednecks that did these shootings? Blows that narrative right out of the water. Freakin' NRA! At it again, I see.

You just conceded the need for gun laws and now you’re back to insisting they don’t work. LOL! You’re doing a fine job of smashing your own retorts.

LMAO. I did not concede the "need" for gun laws. I don't disagree with the restrictions we have out there. I am against implementing MORE gun laws - that will not work - as a means of solving our gun violence problem. I am FOR arming our schools, our workplaces, and for laws like that township in GA where homes are required to have guns.

Keep working to make more **** up LOL

Flogomanbun,

It is already illegal in the country to commit murder.
It is already illegal in the country to commit murder using a weapon.
It is already illegal in the country to commit murder using a firearm.
It is already illegal in the country to point a gun at someone.

Four laws. Pretty ******* simple, yes?

those are broken every day in this country.

Would more words on more paper help stop that?

Flogomanbun,

Perhaps if the words had a particularly harsh tone and a few exclamation points. Yes....I think that will do it. Criminals would fall back in terror upon reading such harsh wording and exclamations. I think I've solved the problem! Why has nobody ever thought of this before?

Perhaps if the words had a particularly harsh tone and a few exclamation points. Yes....I think that will do it. Criminals would fall back in terror upon reading such harsh wording and exclamations. I think I've solved the problem! Why has nobody ever thought of this before?

Wait, this has been done before! Remember Obama's famous red line? The enemy cowered in fear and ran scared. Oh wait.

California Penal Code §25850 defines what constitutes a loaded weapon. Carrying a loaded weapon in an urban area, outside of a designated and licensed shooting range, or with licensing for carrying the weapon (security guards, etc.) is illegal. That's one.

Semi-automatic firearms that the state has classified as assault weapons; .50 BMG caliber rifles; and high-capacity magazines (magazines that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition) may not be sold in California. Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is prohibited without a Dangerous Weapons Permit, that is received from the California Department of Justice pending a good reason for their possession such as: manufacture, repair, collecting in limited cases (pre-1990), movie prop guns or dealing to police/military.

California is a "may issue" state for permits to carry concealed guns. The willingness of issuing authorities in California ranges from No Issue in most urban areas to Shall Issue in rural counties. Additionally, the issuing authority can also impose restrictions on the CCW permit-holder, such as limiting concealed carry only to the purposes listed on the approved CCW permit application. However, concealed carry permits are valid statewide, regardless of where they were issued. This creates a situation where residents in presumptively No Issue locations such as Los Angeles and San Francisco cannot lawfully carry a concealed firearm, but residents from other counties with more permissive CCW issuance policies can lawfully carry within these same jurisdictions. California does not recognize concealed carry permits issued by other states, and non-residents are generally forbidden from obtaining a California concealed carry permit.

You will note San Mateo County, where the city of San Mateo is located, as being one of the many "never or almost never" conceal carry counties in the state. Shooter carrying concealed weapon, and I am sure she did not have a concealed carry permit. So that's two.

Good enough for you bub??

Did anyone else read that in the voice of Joe Friday (Dragnet)??

Flogomanbun,

A sign saying, "Gun Free Zone." Those are like gun barriers and nobody who sees a "Gun Free Zone" sign will dare violate that restriction, since doing so would violate the sign!! Look right here for an example of how well the "guns not allowed" sign worked at this USMC recruiting station:

Screen-Shot-2015-07-17-at-7.25.22-AM.png

Okay, that did not go as planned. How about this? I am going to take a look at where all these crazies commit their mass shooting. Dollars-to-donuts it's in gun-rich areas, amirite?!?

Screen-Shot-2016-05-24-at-Tuesday-May-24-4.20-PM.png

Goddammit, this **** is starting to piss me off. Okay, how about this? We defend our kids with everything we have, right? Just compare what protection kids get to other government institutions:

gun-free.jpg

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn. Liberal-think ... it's for those who don't care to think for themselves. Or at all.

Goddammit, I'm back. I read that a North Carolina BBQ restaurant has had enough of guns and weapons and posted this sign on its front door:

nc-barbecue-restaurant-robbed-at-gunpoint-after-posting-no-guns-sign.jpg

That is SOOOO awesome, and will certainly tell bad guys they need to take their business (and guns) elsewhere!! Wooot, victory for anti-gun signs!! So okay, maybe this happened at the restaurant after the sign was posted ...

nc-barbecue-restaurant-robbed-at-gunpoint-after-posting-no-guns-sign2.jpg

http://gunsnfreedom.com/nc-restaurant-posts-no-guns-sign-and-then-gets-robbed-at-gunpoint/3010

Hoo-boy, when that guy is caught, he is going to pay a stiff price for violating that sign thing ...

Damn it, I'm out again. Pretending to be a stupid leftist on guns and gun control is easy, but irritating as ****.

A more measured and reasonable discussion on the topic.

California's gun laws may have saved lives at YouTube.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/59j5za/californias-gun-laws-may-have-saved-lives-at-youtube

Assault rifles, or AR-15’s, have been used to carry out some of the deadliest mass shootings in America, so when San Bruno police department got word of shots fired at a YouTube campus Tuesday, they feared the worst.

“We may have thought that we were going to encounter someone with maybe a rifle or something like that,” said San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini.

But in this instance there was no assault rifle. Instead, Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old vegan activist, after practicing at a shooting range, drove to YouTube armed with a Smith & Wesson 9 millimeter semiautomatic handgun that she had purchased legally and licensed in her name. After opening fire and wounding three people, none fatally, she turned the gun on herself.

California is known for having the most stringent gun laws in the United States, which includes a ban on assault rifles such as the AR-15 instituted in 1989. That means that while it’s not impossible to possess an illegal assault rifle in California, as the mass shooters in San Berdardino in 2015 did, you cannot own one legally.

The state also bans the sale or manufacture of ammunition magazines that can hold more than ten cartridges or rounds, which gun owners sometimes use to accessorize their assault weapons and unleash bullets in quick succession.

“Certainly we were better off that she had a 9 millimeter handgun instead of an AR-15,” said Stanford University law professor John Donahue. “We are always better off in these mass shooting incidents if the person doesn’t have a high capacity magazine.”

Weapon of war

The deadliest mass shootings in recent years, from Sandy Hook in 2013, to Las Vegas last October, to Parkland, Florida in February, have been carried out with AR-style rifles. “They [AR-15s] are the Formula One cars of guns, designed to kill as many people as quickly and efficiently as possible,” 20-year combat veteran Joe Penzler recently told the New York Times. “We are seeing battlefield-level casualties because we are allowing those weapons on our street.”

The research shows that assault rifle bans don’t decrease the number of gun homocides, they do make mass shootings with four or more casualties less likely.

“The ban on assault weapons hasn’t been associated with reductions in homicides in research,” said April Zeoli, an associate professor at Michigan State University’s School of Criminal Justice. “But researchers do have reason to believe that reducing availability in assault weapons will reduce the number of people killed in a mass shooting situation.”

Acquiring any kind of firearm in California is also much more difficult than it is in other states. For example, if you want to buy a gun, you have to take and pass a written safety test that costs $25. Regardless of your place of purchase, your application to purchase a firearm will be sent to the state’s Department of Justice for a background check. If you’re cleared, after ten days, you need to get your gun microstamped, which means the firearms serial number will be imprinted on every bullet casing it fires. Only then will you be able to take it home.

Zeoli was not particularly surprised that Aghdam was a licensed gun owner. “One of the things we know about people who commit shootings in general is that, in many cases, that shooting is committed with a firearm that they legally own,” said Zeoli.

Red flag

California was also one of the first five states to adopt a “red flag law” which seeks to keep guns out of the hands of those who have a history of violence, domestic abuse, violent ideation or mental illness which leads relatives or law enforcement to believe they may inflict harm upon themselves or someone else. In this instance, police said that they had no indication or suspicion that Aghdam planned to do something violent, and therefore there was nothing that would have triggered the process by which a court can confiscate someone’s guns.

“[The law] does require some action on the part of the police and the parents to highlight the nature of the threat,” said Donahue. “Once a family member tells the police, they can move in and take the gun away.”

On Tuesday, talking heads on NRA-TV pored over the scant information publicly available about the YouTube shooting and gunwoman. NRA correspondent Chuck Holton argued that California’s strict gun laws didn’t make a difference in the YouTube shooting. “Liberals are always trying to fight the last battle and not the next one,” said Holton. “In this case, age restrictions wouldn’t have done anything. California has a ban on assault rifles. They have a ban on high-capacity magazines. There’s a 10-day waiting period for any firearm purchase.”

Zeoli doesn’t buy that logic. “The argument that if one shooting cannot be stopped by firearm restrictions, then the law is worthless is not a sound argument,” he said. “Research has shown that many of the laws that California has are associated with reductions in homicides." The Gifford’s Law Center, an organization that advocates for gun control, also links California's gun laws with its lowered gun death rate.

“The fact that this one got through. It’s unfortunate,” said Zeoli. “But it doesn’t mean that the laws are bad or not working.”

A more measured and reasonable discussion on the topic.

California's gun laws may have saved lives at YouTube.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/59j5za/californias-gun-laws-may-have-saved-lives-at-youtube

The AR, the AR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of the last 17 school shootings, 2 involved an AR.

The deadliest school shooting occurred with pistols.

The reason she didn't kill more people after firing FORTY rounds was pilot error.

She fired FORTY times.

Laws had nothing to do with this. Aim did.

Okay, back for a last time and then back to work. Lunch hour damn near over. So in light of Tibs posting funny cartoons and memes, how about I join the party - except these are actually pretty funny. Here goes.

toon1600622.jpg

Gun-control-violence-and-progressives.jpg

religion-of-peace-c3b6gontest.jpeg

Blame.jpg

The AR can kill 30 people in 4 seconds. FACT!