• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Calling all warmists, France wants you

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
French President Emmanuel Macron is offering U.S. scientists a sweet deal.

Following President Donald Trump's controversial decision to exit the Paris Climate Agreement last week, Macron offered researchers, teachers, and students the opportunity to apply for a four-year grant that allows them to continue researching climate change in France.

"Wherever we live, whoever we are, we all share the same responsibility,” Macron said in a speech posted on the website Make Our Planet Great Again, a play on Trump's campaign slogan.

"I do know how your new president now has decided to jeopardize your budget, your initiatives, and he is extremely skeptical about climate change," he said. "I have no doubt about climate change."

The website directs those interested in applying on how to move to France by obtaining a work visa and residency permit.

“You will be able to stay in France at least for the duration of the grant, and longer if you are granted a permanent position," reads the website. "There is no restriction on your husband / wife working in France. If you have children, note that French public schools are free, and the tuition fees of universities and 'grandes écoles' are very low compared to the American system."

Ah the French. Yes, please take them all, and spend your tax dollars on their useless studies, or whatever they do. Two birds with one stone.

I imagine this is only open to "scientists" who have made up their mind on the subject, or depend a particular premise to get paid.

http://www.newsmax.com/Internationa...entists-paris-agreement/2017/06/10/id/795334/

The Hoax continues to crumble

NASA: Key Antarctic Glacier Not Melting As Rapidly

Al Gore thinks the weather has been out of the Book of Revelation, while Time and ABC News have reported that Antarctica is melting very quickly. Now, it’s not

The new study, published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, finds that numerical models used in previous studies have overestimated how rapidly ocean water is able to melt the glacier from below, leading them to overestimate the glacier's total ice loss over the next 50 years by about 7 percent.

Despite what liberals may say about global warming, science is never a settled issue. That’s what you should glean from this. The studies can be wrong. The models can be wrong. And the question nations face concerning so-called global warming is whether they wan to invest hundreds of billion, if not trillions, of dollars on a group of people who have been wrong before.

How much economic growth, decreased standard of living, less prosperity, and the accompanying misery will you artificially inflict among those in your society on predictions that have been grossly inaccurate? In the 1970s, global cooling was the threat that could spell mankind’s doom. Nothing ever happened.

Peter Gwynne has gone back and updated his 1975 Newsweek piece to deny climate change skeptics of using is as ammunition. Still, he had to change it because the science was wrong—and Gwynne admits that. He said that this field of study is always advancing. Yet, if you speak to these green warriors, the issue is settled. There is no more debate.

I beg to differ.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...rctic-glacier-not-melting-as-rapidly-n2336474

----------------------

globalweather-vi.jpg

As they always say, just follow the money to discover someone's true motive.

Quite simply, anyone who makes their entire living off something must protect it's validity at all costs. If data needs to be scrubbed or even altered to protect that concept, then so be it. The end justifies the means when there are billions of dollars on the line. As long as they can get enough susceptible people to swallow it, they will continue to be fine and on easy street for life. The people that give all the money are normally the ones who can afford it the easiest at least. It helps their conscience and makes them feel like they are giving something back. It's like a charity where the organizers are using it to line their own pockets. Everyone wins. The donor feels good and the organizer gets richer.

Last edited:
I am in between on the issue. We create a ton a pollution and all that heat / stuff has to go somewhere. I can not fathom the amount of trash that people generate in a day. My job fills up a dumpster a day and we have 120 beds. I can't image how many a hospital goes through a day. Top it off with people being lazy now and you have garbage everywhere. I went to atlantic city several years ago and the beach / water just plain stunk. Eventually all this garbage will catch up to us.
I saw an article one time where a guy in China took a picture out his window everyday for a year. Some days you could see what looked like miles away. Other days toy couldn't even see the outline of another building due to the smog. All that stuff goes somewhere and it can not be good for us or the planet. Plus we are constantly removing natural filters and replacing them with concrete
I do think we contribute some to warming, but it is very very small compared to the power of nature. I think we should concentrate on removing polution and garbage, buy other countries need to follow the exact same standards.

I am in between on the issue. We create a ton a pollution and all that heat / stuff has to go somewhere. I can not fathom the amount of trash that people generate in a day. My job fills up a dumpster a day and we have 120 beds. I can't image how many a hospital goes through a day. Top it off with people being lazy now and you have garbage everywhere. I went to atlantic city several years ago and the beach / water just plain stunk. Eventually all this garbage will catch up to us.
I saw an article one time where a guy in China took a picture out his window everyday for a year. Some days you could see what looked like miles away. Other days toy couldn't even see the outline of another building due to the smog. All that stuff goes somewhere and it can not be good for us or the planet. Plus we are constantly removing natural filters and replacing them with concrete
I do think we contribute some to warming, but it is very very small compared to the power of nature. I think we should concentrate on removing polution and garbage, buy other countries need to follow the exact same standards.

Those are the issues we need to tackle. Real tangible problems like trash, smog, and other real pollutants not CO2. If we just addressed our local pollution we would eventually change the whole world. Think local get off this global bullshit. Invest in real science to fix these issues that affect us now.

Be more efficient

Waste less

Pollute less

You can be concerned about your impact on the globe, and still not have any need for bullshit science. If you need that to make you feel better, well, that is just weak.

Be more efficient

Waste less

Pollute less

You can be concerned about your impact on the globe, and still not have any need for bullshit science. If you need that to make you feel better, well, that is just weak.

I dutifully take my paper, cardboard, cans, and glass to recycling even though I am not required to separate my trash where I live. Taking it there in my 14 mpg truck still makes me less of a hypocrite than Al Gore, aka ManBearPig.

Be more efficient

Waste less

Pollute less

Exactly. My neighbors laughed at me and said i wouldnt make a difference when I first started recycling in the 80's. Bullshit we can all make a difference. That's how we make an impact though. All of us doing it!

Exactly. My neighbors laughed at me and said i wouldnt make a difference when I first started recycling in the 80's. Bullshit we can all make a difference. That's how we make an impact though. All of us doing it!

Most weeks I only put out one garbage can.

If we have less than 4 cans per week it's a miracle.

Well there's only two of us now. When my kids lived here I'd fill at least two cans and four when they were in diapers. I take two full cans of bottles and cans to recycling a month and cardboard and newspaper once a week. And I cut down on the newspaper since it got so pricey and just get a Sunday paper now.

Well there's only two of us now. When my kids lived here I'd fill at least two cans and four when they were in diapers. I take two full cans of bottles and cans to recycling a month and cardboard and newspaper once a week. And I cut down on the newspaper since it got so pricey and just get a Sunday paper now.

Every time I hear about recycling, I think of Penn and Teller....LOL

Recycling certainly created an industry. Not sure how much of a difference has been made beyond that.