• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Sutton returning on a 1 year deal

I guess the Steelers are in the know about his legal proceedings. It would be a kick to the nuts if Sutton is sentenced leaving a hole in the depth chart

Meh he probably misses the start of the season due to a conduct suspension... but if he is the slot guy we are in good shape
How do you figure, who is our other outside #2 CB? Jackson? Not so sure he's is good enough. Sutton could fill our inside CB spot, where he always should have been, I think Detroit tried him outside and got fried in their secondary in 2023.

i don’t know… cam Sutton returning is seen as a good thing?? Things that bad around here? Sutton was bbq’d at Detroit! This is really shaping up to be Tomlin’s year! With Our secondary in our division it’s looking ugly out there! This could be the year!

i don’t know… cam Sutton returning is seen as a good thing?? Things that bad around here? Sutton was bbq’d at Detroit! This is really shaping up to be Tomlin’s year! With Our secondary in our division it’s looking ugly out there! This could be the year!
As the article mentioned and even if it didn't, the Steelers will not put Sutton in the position Detroit did. He has played well as a slot and is versatile in different packages. Is he an island cb, no. I'm not sure how anyone could interpret this as anything but a needed and adequate upgrade to the slot position. Memories are short, he had some pretty good seasons here in the role they're expecting him to fill.

Sutton was expected to be the #1 CB in Detroit.

he's not been a top CB since he was in college.

I absolutely hate what he did to this woman. It’s a punk move for a man to physically abuse a woman, period.
As far as him signing here for one year for the minimum, it can’t hurt. Plays the slot which we needed.
As long as he stays out of trouble here then it’s an ok move. It’s not like he’s some great player.

No, he'll be OUR new below-average starter. What don't you grasp?
You might want to wait until you actually see him play for the Steelers before you assume things fruitpop.

I absolutely hate what he did to this woman. It’s a punk move for a man to physically abuse a woman, period.
As far as him signing here for one year for the minimum, it can’t hurt. Plays the slot which we needed.
As long as he stays out of trouble here then it’s an ok move. It’s not like he’s some great player.
After reading what Supe posted,I too can’t stand what he did here. ( if true) Looks certainly like he abused her.

WTF are we….the Bengals or the Browns? We applaud this signing? We laugh at other teams doing this type of thing.
Think of that woman as your daughter.
See…..we are the enablers. Kick these type of ******* out. Instead of applauding,just because we need a slot corner. And we get him cheap. Hooray!
I shake my head in disgust.

No, he'll be OUR new below-average starter. What don't you grasp?
Actually Greg, Jackson is not a bad player. He played well for the Panthers.
Now is he a shutdown corner? No, but those guys don’t grow on trees and we don’t need him to be.
What we do need is for Jackson to compliment JPJ on the other side. This might be the most solid two corners we’ve had in a while and if Sutton is not suspended for any length of time, could be a solid unit.

I like the direction - hoping it's only a 2-3 week suspension for tarnishing the shield but...

Roger will probably give him an 8 game suspension just because he's signing back w/ us.
Dude did some horrible stuff if true. I think I would have passed on him. No wonder he disappeared for weeks....or what ever it was. Maybe an eight game suspension isn't enough.