• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Sutton returning on a 1 year deal

Dude did some horrible stuff if true. I think I would have passed on him. No wonder he disappeared for weeks....or what ever it was. Maybe an eight game suspension isn't enough.
Maybe the Steelers have researched the situation far more deeply. Maybe the reporting is not as accurate as the team established. Maybe there is another accounting of events, not reported on.

The Steelers have not convicted the man, but some in the media, and some posters already have.

Who is the outside #2 CB in your scenario? Jackson? Oh boy.
It will be jackson, but we have like 3 or 4 young press corners on the team.., if we run Austins man press system we should be fine.
I feel like his play was taken for granted. Could we really not up with the $ for Hilton at the time?
this team treats slot guys like used toilet paper... tgey simply dont value them at all

The Steelers have not convicted the man, but some in the media, and some posters already have
And some posters could give a **** what the player has done. As long as he plays good ball.

I remember when AB threw out the furniture almost hitting the grandfather and grandchild below. Posters were talking about how obviously the grandfather was trying to get some big bucks from AB. That it was all BS. Even though there were witnesses.
I said they should cut AB that day. Guess it depends on what type of team you want to cheer for.

as a football move, this is a no brainer. Steelers need an inside CB. Sutton is a good inside CB and he can play outside so long as you help him.

As far as the off field stuff, I've learned to not make any judgements until we get both sides. How many times have we seen these things end up being bogus? Bettis was wrongly accused at one time. Ben had allegations too.

NFL teams have security people who look into these things. My guess is the steelers got some sort of report that says all may not be as it seems.

In any case, you can always cut him later if evidence shows he's guilty.

Maybe the Steelers have researched the situation far more deeply. Maybe the reporting is not as accurate as the team established. Maybe there is another accounting of events, not reported on.

The Steelers have not convicted the man, but some in the media, and some posters already have.
Yep. I am sure that is it. :rolleyes:

as a football move, this is a no brainer. Steelers need an inside CB. Sutton is a good inside CB and he can play outside so long as you help him.

As far as the off field stuff, I've learned to not make any judgements until we get both sides. How many times have we seen these things end up being bogus? Bettis was wrongly accused at one time. Ben had allegations too.

NFL teams have security people who look into these things. My guess is the steelers got some sort of report that says all may not be as it seems.

In any case, you can always cut him later if evidence shows he's guilty.
Yep....I do wonder why Sutton disappeared for over 2 weeks though.

And some posters could give a **** what the player has done. As long as he plays good ball.

I remember when AB threw out the furniture almost hitting the grandfather and grandchild below. Posters were talking about how obviously the grandfather was trying to get some big bucks from AB. That it was all BS. Even though there were witnesses.
I said they should cut AB that day. Guess it depends on what type of team you want to cheer for.

Bengals for some,………..

STEELERS for me.!

Salute the nation

Don
You might want to wait until you actually see him play for the Steelers before you assume things fruitpop.
Learn, advance, son. Rejoice in learning.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackDo02.htm

Jackson has regressed each and every 1-2 years in the NFL. He started out with 4 ints as a rookie, then had 3 for 2 years, then 2 for 2 years and then zero last year. See a trend or anything? Do you wonder why Carolina was happy to get rid of him? Learn grasshopper. Learn. 4, 3 ,3, 2, 2, 0. See a trend?

Due process, presumption of innocence, jury of peers, etc

But there was newspaper reports, then a charge, then a lesser charge.......enough for the judgment of some.

But there was newspaper reports, then a charge, then a lesser charge.......enough for the judgment of some.
He tossed _furniture_ 14 stories up and it landed in the vicinity of people, if it fell ANYWHERE near people, it was a criminal move. He didn't throw a napkin, he threw f'in furniture. Money grab or not, he's a huge d---k for tossing **** from 14 stories up.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24942401/antonio-brown-sued-allegedly-throwing-items-balcony

You can't paint every situation the same. Never condone violence against women. Unacceptable. But he is not going to live on an island of convicts either. Their life has to go on. People grow and change. Not saying he is innocent or nothing ever happened before but I'm not aware of problems while he was in Pittsburgh. Bottom line he's playing somewhere. Might as well be where he has roots and support.

Actually Greg, Jackson is not a bad player. He played well for the Panthers.
Now is he a shutdown corner? No, but those guys don’t grow on trees and we don’t need him to be.
What we do need is for Jackson to compliment JPJ on the other side. This might be the most solid two corners we’ve had in a while and if Sutton is not suspended for any length of time, could be a solid unit.
Jackson started out strongly as a rookie with 4 ints. The the next 2 years had 3, still respectable. Then the next 2 had 2...OK.....then last year had zero. I look at trends. His trend is a down arrow. Now, maybe he can bounce back and nab 3 ints like 4 years ago. Maybe. Or not. Maybe his trend is what it is because he has fallen in play. I know he was not a touted good CB at the time of the trade and I wondered why.

When I made my comments,I knew exactly what the responses would be. And of course innocent presumption and all that,
I’m just done with the drama. He attacked his 7 year partner and mother of his 3 children. And obviously has the means to hire a good lawyer. There are somethings I can let go with rehabilitation. Choking /hitting women isn’t one of them.
Letting a dog killer QB our team was another. Yet we laugh at Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Last edited:
Learn, advance, son. Rejoice in learning.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackDo02.htm

Jackson has regressed each and every 1-2 years in the NFL. He started out with 4 ints as a rookie, then had 3 for 2 years, then 2 for 2 years and then zero last year. See a trend or anything? Do you wonder why Carolina was happy to get rid of him? Learn grasshopper. Learn. 4, 3 ,3, 2, 2, 0. See a trend?
Jackson started out strongly as a rookie with 4 ints. The the next 2 years had 3, still respectable. Then the next 2 had 2...OK.....then last year had zero. I look at trends. His trend is a down arrow. Now, maybe he can bounce back and nab 3 ints like 4 years ago. Maybe. Or not. Maybe his trend is what it is because he has fallen in play. I know he was not a touted good CB at the time of the trade and I wondered why.
You can't simply look at interceptions alone to gauge the proficiency of a cornerback.

Jackson's rookie year versus last season:
4 interceptions vs. 0
789 yards allowed vs. 558
17.2 yards per completion vs. 12.4
10.1 yards per target vs. 8.3
6 touchdowns allowed vs. 3

He was much better in all four of those other categories in 2023, so it's hard for me to agree that he has regressed markedly year in and year out since he was a rookie. That just isn't the case.

You can't simply look at interceptions alone to gauge the proficiency of a cornerback.

4 interceptions vs. 0

He was much better in all four of those other categories in 2023, so it's hard for me to agree that he has regressed markedly year in and year out since he was a rookie. That just isn't the case.
Cooch just vales INT’s, and nothing else matters.

You might want to wait until you actually see him play for the Steelers before you assume things fruitpop.
He has been a solid boundary corner on a decent defense (when healthy)

Not sure the disdain for a guy that can turn and run and ya don’t have to be too scared without a safety over top. He an JPJ could be a decent tandem, especially if Sutton is the slot

We’ve got some nice young prospects that may surprise as well.

I’m gonna go with that wait and see approach on this secondary and see what unfolds

You can't paint every situation the same. Never condone violence against women. Unacceptable. But he is not going to live on an island of convicts either. Their life has to go on. People grow and change. Not saying he is innocent or nothing ever happened before but I'm not aware of problems while he was in Pittsburgh. Bottom line he's playing somewhere. Might as well be where he has roots and support.
Interesting take. Would you apply that same logic to Mike Vick??? I'm curious...

Of maybe teams learned that throwing his way was stupid... more film = more knowledge.

4 interceptions vs. 0

Excellent case and post, thank you SIR.

Salute the nation