• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Thomas is being Sue for Allegedly infecting woman with Herpes

nah civil issues wouldn't be enough IMO. I would think a team would be more concerned with the criminal side of things..............
The only things I have to think about on this issue is the apparent dislike of attacks on women. Two cases come to mind one involving James Harrison and his baby momma or wife do not know which at this time. A 911 call was made, a cell phone was broken, and a slap to the women was issued. The team investigated that incident and released a statement regarding what the domestic issue was about, in this case it dealt with the baptism of a child the two had, James for her against. The issue further stated that the situation had been handled.

Rothlisberger, a couple of incidents, none criminal as no charges were filled. Stiff suspension to a very talented player and the most logical reason this was not appealed was it involved decisions by the Steelers and the league.

There was another release of a linebacker that had potential for allegedly running a prostitution operation in Vegas. I don't think that criminal charges had been filed before he was released either.
I just would not be surprised if some action of a sterner sort might be taken with this young man.

The only things I have to think about on this issue is the apparent dislike of attacks on women. Two cases come to mind one involving James Harrison and his baby momma or wife do not know which at this time. A 911 call was made, a cell phone was broken, and a slap to the women was issued. The team investigated that incident and released a statement regarding what the domestic issue was about, in this case it dealt with the baptism of a child the two had, James for her against. The issue further stated that the situation had been handled.

Rothlisberger, a couple of incidents, none criminal as no charges were filled. Stiff suspension to a very talented player and the most logical reason this was not appealed was it involved decisions by the Steelers and the league.

There was another release of a linebacker that had potential for allegedly running a prostitution operation in Vegas. I don't think that criminal charges had been filed before he was released either.
I just would not be surprised if some action of a sterner sort might be taken with this young man.

also Cam's incident was prior to being a Steeler right? Maybe that gets factored in...............

If memory serves, that player was only on the practice squad. I don't even remember his name.

If memory serves, that player was only on the practice squad. I don't even remember his name.

I can't remember him either. He may have been on the practice squad and then was expected to move to the active roster that year, looked to be developing into a serviceable player maybe not great but more than camp fodder. I just remember reading about it on here when it was announced and in a matter of days maybe even one he was dropped like a hot potato.

also Cam's incident was prior to being a Steeler right? Maybe that gets factored in...............

This is a good point as I lost that fact somewhere in the shuffle. Doesn't excuse him, but does play a little into it. They chose to sign him, probably knowing of this.

Salute the nation

There is a girl i used to work with. When she started she was 17. She was real attractive, smart (eventually got her RN), etc..She was with a guy for 6 years and he was abusive. She ended up marrying him anyways. She came back to work at my place she is now 23-24. I asked her how it was going. She was in the process of getting a divorce and had a restraining order against the guy. He pulled her out of a car and slammed her head in the door. She got a concussion and several stitches. Anyways the day the restraining order was up she was contacting the guy again. She promptly quit work at our place and is back with the guy and keeps posting disgustingly sweet messages about him. I will never understand how a girl could have about any guy she wanted and end up with trash.

no self-respect and no self-esteem at all. pretty sad.