• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can we beat Miami.?

Did all that by himself eh? I applaud him then. One man taking on an entire team ... takes some cajones.
No, not by himself, but WITH a TEAM that he created, coached, organized, motivated, game-planned, etc. He WAS the head coach for those last 3 playoff losses where HIS team gave up 40+ points in each and every game. Some nice work for a "defensive coach" to give up 40+ points in 3 consecutive playoff games consecutively. Unless I'm missing something, he WAS the head coach for those games. Who should accept the blame if not the head coach?

And I said that tongue in cheek comment to remind that alot of those losses, the players helped secure.
So, this team has shown nothing in recent playoffs to inspire confidence in winning a playoff matchup.
Not only the players but, but a couple of other unfortunate events.

The playoff loss in Denver. We had them, until our RB fumbled. Denver recovered and went for the go ahead win.
(the RB's name escapes me).

Jesse James caught that ball. Had we beaten the Pats we would have sitting pretty as the #1 seed if I remember correctly. I knew for a fact that it screwed up our playoff seeding one way or another.

Playoffs vs Jax. The no call on a hold by a Jax O lineman which freed up the JAX QB to get a first down on a 4th and forever. Otherwise we win that game.
The NFL called the Steelers to apologize.

Ben ****** up big time against the Stains in the playoffs.

Who the ***** fault was it that let Tebow beat us?

It's easy to blame Tomlin because he's the head coach, and the record is the record.

But that doesn't give Tomlin a complete pass.

Last edited:
Miami playoff game as if it was next Sunday? And Minkah is ready to play (as is being reported)?

Yeah, I really think it could happen with the crayon eater being gone. The locker room is likely still full of positive energy and confidence - as seen by Najee's pile moving run Sunday and Kenny throwing to Muth in the middle.

Baby steps boys, baby steps. Anything can happen these last six games and none of these games are a lock. Not with this team and coaches.
I want to see if this offense continues to improve the next six weeks and it will have to in order to even make the playoffs. You got the young Texans, surprising Colts and Broncos and of course the Browns sitting right there. I’m being cautiously optimistic.

Playoff game day. Just tell our guy that it is a ticktoc challenge. Win

Teams usually get an emotional bump after a Coach jettisoned so let’s see the guys bring the emotion to the field in back to back weeks

But hell yeah DIC, we COULD beat ‘em

He's had 17 years to do so. Cowher rosters aside, if he couldn't do it with the '17 roster, it ain't happening now.

But I would love to be wrong on this.
Neither Chin or Shades ever beat Belicheat and Brady in a game that mattered. Their combined record against them is I think 3-14. When the Steelers were getting to 3 SB’s in 6 years at no time did they have to face the Cheats in the playoffs.

Last edited:
No, not by himself, but WITH a TEAM that he created, coached, organized, motivated, game-planned, etc. He WAS the head coach for those last 3 playoff losses where HIS team gave up 40+ points in each and every game. Some nice work for a "defensive coach" to give up 40+ points in 3 consecutive playoff games consecutively. Unless I'm missing something, he WAS the head coach for those games. Who should accept the blame if not the head coach?
In fairness some of those 40+ points came from turnovers and pick 6’s, but still….

And I said that tongue in cheek comment to remind that alot of those losses, the players helped secure.
So, this team has shown nothing in recent playoffs to inspire confidence in winning a playoff matchup.
Like I said, they’ve lost first round playoff games with better teams than this.

No. Shades has proven convincingly that he can’t beat anyone in the playoffs. He’s given up over 40 points in each of his last three playoff games with better teams than this one that averages 16 ppg. The O gonna magically score more than double that? Nah.

Belicheat didn’t suddenly get stupid and with the worst team the Cheats have had in decades I’m gonna predict he kicks Shades’ *** as usual and bring everyone back to Earth.
No Steelers fan of the year votes for you...

Miami hasn't played well against play-caliber teams, but all that speed makes them the worst potential matchup for the Steelers. We also wouldn't have the benefit of playing in the cold in this scenario.

It's easy to blame Tomlin because he's the head coach, and the record is the record.
The entire 1st half Tebow was proving the "stop Tebow's runs at all costs" was a defense that he could successfully pass on, the entire 1st half. So, what does the HEAD COACH do at halftime? What adjustments does he make? None. OK, so Tebow keeps throwing the ball with success in the 2nd half. Now it's OT. What does the HEAD COACH call to start the OT period? That same, bull s---t and it burns us in ONE PLAY. But it's not the head coaches' fault? Then who should blamed exactly? Shades got exposed for being a lousy head coach in that game, period.

You read my follow up ... Nah, you just jumped on the first one ... I wondered.

Not only the players but, but a couple of other unfortunate events.

The playoff loss in Denver. We had them, until our RB fumbled. Denver recovered and went for the go ahead win.
(the RB's name escapes me).

Jesse James caught that ball. Had we beaten the Pats we would have sitting pretty as the #1 seed if I remember correctly. I knew for a fact that it screwed up our playoff seeding one way or another.

Playoffs vs Jax. The no call on a hold by a Jax O lineman which freed up the JAX QB to get a first down on a 4th and forever. Otherwise we win that game.
The NFL called the Steelers to apologize.

Ben ****** up big time against the Stains in the playoffs.

But that doesn't give Tomlin a complete pass.
Exactly. It's team wins and team losses. Wins come as a result of both players and coaches and so do the losses.

Belicheat's offense will suddenly right themselves. for 4 quarters. on 12/7.
no doubt about that.

BUT if we were meeting for the last game of the year and our record was 8-8, THAT would be very interesting.

when they added the extra game, I thought OK, no way Coach Tomlin can finish 8-8, he is either going to have a winning record or a losing record,……………….

GUESS WHAT ?

He ended with a 8-8-1 season, as ****-ing medio

Baby steps boys, baby steps. Anything can happen these last six games and none of these games are a lock. Not with this team and coaches.
I want to see if this offense continues to improve the next six weeks and it will have to in order to even make the playoffs. You got the young Texans, surprising Colts and Broncos and of course the Browns sitting right there. I’m being cautiously optimistic.

Give credit to our beloved STEELERS being a 5th seed currently. That makes us "right there" as well.

Salute the nation

Does that prize come with the graphite black coffee mug with the saying, "better luck next year"?

😁
Graphite black coffee mug that says “Never A Losing Season”.

when they added the extra game, I thought OK, no way Coach Tomlin can finish 8-8, he is either going to have a winning record or a losing record,……………….

GUESS WHAT ?

He ended with a 8-8-1 season, as ****-ing medio
220, 221, whatever it takes.

Neither Chin or Shades ever beat Belicheat and Brady in a game that mattered. Their combined record against them is I think 3-14. When the Steelers were getting to 3 SB’s in 6 years at no time did they have to face the Cheats in the playoffs.
Chin whipped Bill thrice in '94, twice in season, once in the Div round (95), where the stains were denied the end zone. 94 was so bad for the stains against our heroes that I actually felt bad for Bill. I liked him as the Gint's DC.

I suspect Bill was scarred by that and has sought to humiliate our heroes since. He cheated against Cowher. Didn't have to against HCMT.

You are absolutely correct but do NOT forget that in 2005, Bellicheat wanted nothing to do with the Steelers in the playoffs and intentionally lost the last game of the season to the Dolphins.

Why do I say he threw that game to avoid the Steelers? He started backup Doug Flutie at QB, then pulled him and put in 3rd stringer Matt Cassell. He pulled the backup and went with the 3rd string guy? Not enough to convince you? How about this ... after scoring a TD to pull within 6 of the Dolphins, he had Flutie DROP KICK the extra point. Seriously? The Patsies*** score a TD with no time left trailing by 8 and so as not to be too obvious, kinda go for 2 on a bizarre slow-developing pitch play that wound up with an incompletion by the 3rd string QB to ... Bam Childress? Jeez, they should have just taken a knee.

If the Patsies*** win that game, they are 11-5 and have the tiebreaker over the Bungles for the #3 seed - and would have faced the Steelers in the 1st round rather than the Jaguars. Bellicheat wanted nothing to do with that Steelers team in the 1st round.

You are absolutely correct but do NOT forget that in 2005, Bellicheat wanted nothing to do with the Steelers in the playoffs and intentionally lost the last game of the season to the Dolphins.

Why do I say he threw that game to avoid the Steelers? He started backup Doug Flutie at QB, then pulled him and put in 3rd stringer Matt Cassell. He pulled the backup and went with the 3rd string guy? Not enough to convince you? How about this ... after scoring a TD to pull within 6 of the Dolphins, he had Flutie DROP KICK the extra point. Seriously? The Patsies*** score a TD with no time left trailing by 8 and so as not to be too obvious, kinda go for 2 on a bizarre slow-developing pitch play that wound up with an incompletion by the 3rd string QB to ... Bam Childress? Jeez, they should have just taken a knee.

If the Patsies*** win that game, they are 11-5 and have the tiebreaker over the Bungles for the #3 seed - and would have faced the Steelers in the 1st round rather than the Jaguars. Bellicheat wanted nothing to do with that Steelers team in the 1st round.
In the Steelers three SB runs, the Cheats were either taken out by Denver or lost a fluke tiebreaker that kept them out.