• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can we beat Miami.?

You read my follow up ... Nah, you just jumped on the first one ... I wondered.
I don't always read the entire thread, or get in a time machine and read future responses before I just respond to, you know, the current post I'm reading. I will try to in the future.:D

Belicheat's offense will suddenly right themselves. for 4 quarters. on 12/7.
no doubt about that.

BUT if we were meeting for the last game of the year and our record was 8-8, THAT would be very interesting.

when they added the extra game, I thought OK, no way Coach Tomlin can finish 8-8, he is either going to have a winning record or a losing record,……………….

GUESS WHAT ?

He ended with a 8-8-1 season, as ****-ing medio

In the Steelers three SB runs, the Cheats were either taken out by Denver or lost a fluke tiebreaker that kept them out.

I hear yaz Ron, and you know as well as I know…….. we can only play who is put in front of us.

I also credit the cheatriots as cheaters, so if playing straight up…. Without the cheating, I’d bet we faired much better.

Salute the nation

The entire 1st half Tebow was proving the "stop Tebow's runs at all costs" was a defense that he could successfully pass on, the entire 1st half. So, what does the HEAD COACH do at halftime? What adjustments does he make? None. OK, so Tebow keeps throwing the ball with success in the 2nd half. Now it's OT. What does the HEAD COACH call to start the OT period? That same, bull s---t and it burns us in ONE PLAY. But it's not the head coaches' fault? Then who should blamed exactly? Shades got exposed for being a lousy head coach in that game, period.
What is this revisionist bull ****?

We were down 20-6 at the half and lost 2/3 of our DLs Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton in the first half. I'd say the adjustments were pretty ******* good to outscore them 17-3 in the 2nd half without your top 2 DLs to force OT. Then Tebow did as he did all season, find a way to win late. Want to get technical? Ike thought he had safety help deep, he didn't. Game Set Match.

Yes, we can beat Miami…….. today.!!!

I doubt we will find out, but I’m driving the bandwagon and if you want me to pick you up……………..
YOU best be running because I won’t stop for no-one……… maybe slow down just a bit for certain ones………

Ask OMAR, I ran over his little toe but was still able to GAFF-hook him and flip him on-board, like it or not.!

Salute the nation

Not only the players but, but a couple of other unfortunate events.

The playoff loss in Denver. We had them, until our RB fumbled. Denver recovered and went for the go ahead win.
(the RB's name escapes me).

Jesse James caught that ball. Had we beaten the Pats we would have sitting pretty as the #1 seed if I remember correctly. I knew for a fact that it screwed up our playoff seeding one way or another.

Playoffs vs Jax. The no call on a hold by a Jax O lineman which freed up the JAX QB to get a first down on a 4th and forever. Otherwise we win that game.
The NFL called the Steelers to apologize.

Ben ****** up big time against the Stains in the playoffs.

Who the ***** fault was it that let Tebow beat us?

It's easy to blame Tomlin because he's the head coach, and the record is the record.

But that doesn't give Tomlin a complete pass.

Touissant was the running back who fumbled against the Broncos. He was playing because both Bell and Williams were injured.

Don't forget Kordell's 3 INT game in 97 plus Johnson missed a 38yd FG and we lost by 3...

Don't remind me. I was in the press box for that stinker. It was a rare time that a Cowher-coached team didn't run the ball enough. Bettis kept ripping off big chunks of yards all day, but they kept throwing the damn ball.

Don't forget Kordell's 3 INT game in 97 plus Johnson missed a 38yd FG and we lost by 3...
I was at that one: excessively painful to watch, Bus was rambling, running folks over at 5 ypc, and we inexplicably went to Kordell's passing near the end of the 1st half, leading to him throwing into triple coverage and Romanowski's ensuing "You're so stupid" antics towards Stewart. My brother-in-law ensured we'd come back but I wasn't so sure. We didn't.

No. Shades has proven convincingly that he can’t beat anyone in the playoffs. He’s given up over 40 points in each of his last three playoff games with better teams than this one that averages 16 ppg. The O gonna magically score more than double that? Nah.

My God, after being reminded of that stat, could you imagine this Miami offense running up and down the field against us? They'd have 35 before halftime.

I'm going to say no, we wouldn't beat them, unless by some stroke of sheer luck we manage to hold onto the ball for 85% of regulation (meaning a **** ton of turnovers)

My God, after being reminded of that stat, could you imagine this Miami offense running up and down the field against us? They'd have 35 before halftime.

I'm going to say no, we wouldn't beat them, unless by some stroke of sheer luck we manage to hold onto the ball for 85% of regulation (meaning a **** ton of turnovers)

Time of possession would be important. So would pressure on Tagovailoa. He was healthy when the Steelers played the Dolphins last season. Early in the game, it looked like they were going to score 40 points easily, but the defense settled down. Miami ended up with only 16 points in the game.

Leave it to Creampuff to help his old team out that draft pick will be the best long term investment they ever made! LOL

Salute the nation

Last edited: