• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CBS Sports Ranks Steelers as Top ‘Potential Imposters’ at 2-0

Living in reality is not hate Chucklenutz.
your reality is skewed toward negative chucklenuts.

My reality is a wait and see as I know every outcome isn’t necessarily what you or I perceive.

Go Steelers!

Living in reality is not hate Chucklenutz.
Phew.. For a hot moment, I started believing that if you were a true fan you would believe in Mike Tomlin and never, ever say never despite how much overwhelming evidence that there is to the contrary. Thanks for reeling me back in to reality.

And that's a wrap with 5 minutes left in the game. 3-0, leading the division, lots of bright spots, Fields looks great to me. He improves every week.

Someone was saying something about this game but I can't recall. Oh well

your reality is skewed toward negative chucklenuts.

My reality is a wait and see as I know every outcome isn’t necessarily what you or I perceive.

Go Steelers!
1 passing TD.
In 3 games.
Lololololololol!
keep on cheerleading izasshizole.

Network rankings are just opinions of a writer and matter very little. Ones done after week two matter about as much as a pile of dog ****. Preseason favorites will still be overrated... teams winning in ways they dont like will be underrated
Fox rankings had multiple winless teams ranked over multiple undefeated teams.

Seems actual news left awhile ago and clickbait is the order of the day.

Just morons spewing looking for reactions, we have a few of those around here…not to name any names.

1 passing TD.
In 3 games.
Lololololololol!
keep on cheerleading izasshizole.
After today’s performance you are still staying your course?

You are right you are acting like an *******.

I guess we will agree to disagree.

Phew.. For a hot moment, I started believing that if you were a true fan you would believe in Mike Tomlin and never, ever say never despite how much overwhelming evidence that there is to the contrary. Thanks for reeling me back in to reality.
for a minute I thought what you posted was worth reading

then I realized you are just the next version of the bob franchise

douchebag

Last year they dodged most of the best QBs and now will likely miss Herbert after getting post-Achilles Cousins in week 1 who was knocking off rust. Those are tailor-made attrition victories for them.

Even if they started 9-2 like they did in '83 with Cliff Stoudt, I'd still expect them to bottom out in the playoffs when the game is acclerated against the better Qbs and coaches. We are in '80s territory right now and only getting a reprieve because of the current trend toward lower scoring and fewer passing TDs league-wide playing to our strengths and missing the KO QBs lately.

It's like when gas prices spike and suddenly 4 cylinders like us are back in vogue. The big SUVs will come back around come playoff time.

We can ONLY play who they put in front of us. We have no Idea of who does and who doesn’t get hurt.

Same goes for our opponents, they don’t get to chose who of pour team get injured or not.

I’ve never bought in to the “facing them with out their QB or any other player hurt” syndrome, like if that injured player was playing, we would have been beat by them.

I hear what you are saying SojournerSteel. This year could be different.

Salute the nation

The Saints have 52 more points than us, but have a loss. Not concerned about passing TDS as long as we can sustain drives and get some points

BUT most important is the 1 point more than the opponent. A “W” is a “W”, regardless of passing TDs or not.

Salute the nation

The Pittsburgh Steelers have started the 2024 season with a rare 2-0 record, achieved only eight times in the last 25 years. Despite this promising start, CBS Sports ranks them as the biggest "potential imposters" among the current 2-0 teams, citing skepticism regarding their long-term viability. Teams that go 2-0 have a 63% chance of making the playoffs, with that statistic increasing to 75% if they reach 3-0. However, the Steelers have only managed a 3-0 start three times since 2000, leading experts to doubt their playoff prospects compared to divisional rivals like the Ravens and Bengals.

By the Numbers
  • The Steelers have started 2-0 only 8 times in the last 25 years.
  • Teams that start 2-0 make playoffs 63% of the time; 75% if they reach 3-0.
State of Play
  • Steelers ranked last among 2-0 teams by CBS Sports.
  • The Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals, combined 0-4, are seen as more dangerous.
  • Expert preseason rankings had the Steelers in third or fourth place in the AFC North.
What's Next
The Steelers will face the Los Angeles Chargers this Sunday, giving them an opportunity to solidify their status and prove doubters wrong. Maintaining a successful run game and defensive performance will be crucial in this matchup.

Bottom Line
Despite their 2-0 record, skepticism remains regarding the Steelers’ legitimacy as contenders. Their upcoming performance will be pivotal in determining whether they can overcome the imposter label and secure a playoff position.

I wonder what CBS Sports thinks now.

I wonder what you’re thinking now after promising that the Chargers would destroy us.

hes kinda retarded ,, so i dont.
He thinks he’s smarter than the rest of us.
You know he rooted for the Steelers to lose just so he could show SN how smart he really is.

He’d been all over this board with the “I told ya so’s”.

He thinks he’s smarter than the rest of us.
You know he rooted for the Steelers to lose just so he could show SN how smart he really is.

He’d been all over this board with the “I told ya so’s”.
Notice the worst posters the negative Nancies that constantly bash Tomlin, specific players, Rooney are barely around after a win?

I am not talking the occasional poster who thinks Tomlin holds us back in the playoffs I separate them from this pack. No the day in day out condescending pricks that think they are smarter than everyone who loves them some hatred.

Suck on these victories twatwaffles!

I wish I had the time to run multiple accounts just to try to make my points seem more valid...

Oh wait, actually that sounds lame... 🤣

That's extremely lame for an adult to do. What's the point of doing it?

I could understand it if you're some obsessive fan of a rival team,but not your own.

We used to go to bungle and clown boards and tweak their circuits in the past. They'd come here. It was hilarious for a little while,but got boring.

Speaking of rival fans, I dont see Patriot fans coming in speaking like they invented football anymore. I chuckle every time they lose now. I hope they lose them all forever. I'm pretty much that way with everyone in the division,but I'm not going to waste much energy on them.

That's extremely lame for an adult to do. What's the point of doing it?

I could understand it if you're some obsessive fan of a rival team,but not your own.

We used to go to bungle and clown boards and tweak their circuits in the past. They'd come here. It was hilarious for a little while,but got boring.

Speaking of rival fans, I dont see Patriot fans coming in speaking like they invented football anymore. I chuckle every time they lose now. I hope they lose them all forever. I'm pretty much that way with everyone in the division,but I'm not going to waste much energy on them.
Cheat fans are now like I initially remember them on social media, scarce. Back then when the cheating ramped up into victories they started popping up like flies on sh!t.

Always a good day when the Steelers win and the cheats and clowns and cowboys lose. It is like the CC music factory to my ears.

Here we go

I wish I had the time to run multiple accounts just to try to make my points seem more valid...

Oh wait, actually that sounds lame... 🤣

I’m pretty sure that is a ban-able offense. Multiple accounts have been addressed in the past and I think Coolie said that will result in a ban. (He could have even said permanent).

So the Bob’s clones must be doing it from multiple computers, just my take / speculation.

Salute the nation