• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CFP National Championship Game - Cool Story

Sorry, that game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Georgia was by far the better team...and by a lot.
They were also better coached. The coaching staff saw the openings given them and exploited them.

I think they might be that bad. They lost to Kansas State in their conference championship and still was selected for the playoffs. They beat Baylor by 1 point...the same Baylor that got stomped by Air Force in their bowl game. Kansas State got smacked by Alabama in the Sugar Bowl so this result probably wasn't surprising. TCU was a very bad pick.
They were such a bad pick they beat undefeated Michigan who curb stomped Ohio State who almost beat Georgia. If Harrison wasnt out you could make a good argument OSU would have been in the title game.

TCU put up 51 points against Michigan while OSU only put up 23. However OSU put up 41 against Georgia. What does this mean? A bunch of nothing football math doesn't work out. Only thing it shows is TCU was good enough to beat the undefeated #3 team in the county. They are nowhere near as bad as they showed. I'm not knocking Georgia at all and said they were clearly the better team just don't think they are 65-7 better. 65-7 is a SEC vs Div II college

They were such a bad pick they beat undefeated Michigan who curb stomped Ohio State who almost beat Georgia. If Harrison wasnt out you could make a good argument OSU would have been in the title game.

TCU put up 51 points against Michigan while OSU only put up 23. However OSU put up 41 against Georgia. What does this mean? A bunch of nothing football math doesn't work out. Only thing it shows is TCU was good enough to beat the undefeated #3 team in the county. They are nowhere near as bad as they showed. I'm not knocking Georgia at all and said they were clearly the better team just don't think they are 65-7 better. 65-7 is a SEC vs Div II college

That was like a Jr high team playing against them. They got lucky to even get that 7.

Completely handled on both sides of the ball. Georgia could have went down and scored again if they wanted at the end of that game making it 72-7.

Whatever Cinderella **** TCU had going on got burnt to ashes. I doubt you'll see them back in that position anytime soon.

Did yinz notice the LT of Georgia last night wearing a Steeler emblem on the side of his helmet...

He's the one at 18 men..

That was like a Jr high team playing against them. They got lucky to even get that 7.

Completely handled on both sides of the ball. Georgia could have went down and scored again if they wanted at the end of that game making it 72-7.

Whatever Cinderella **** TCU had going on got burnt to ashes. I doubt you'll see them back in that position anytime soon.
I think TCUs showing is going to set back small schools for awhile although the expanded playoff might help some sneak in. I don't think you can argue TCU didn't deserve to be there because they did beat Michigan, but getting blown out in the NC game like that is a bad look.

Did yinz notice the LT of Georgia last night wearing a Steeler emblem on the side of his helmet...

He's the one at 18 men..
I did not. I noticed a G on the side of his helmet.

Here is what happened… Georgia, all season, was tge best team in the country and defending champs… they probably took Ohio State lightly and almost lost… conversely TCU wasn’t given a prayer against Michigan and beat them, possibly because Michigan took them lightly too… TCU came in looking like a team just extremely happy to be in that championship game and Georgia showed up focused and ready to win and just destroyed them.. its why experience in championship games matters a little… you cant live in the last game or overlook teams

Here is what happened… Georgia, all season, was tge best team in the country and defending champs… they probably took Ohio State lightly and almost lost… conversely TCU wasn’t given a prayer against Michigan and beat them, possibly because Michigan took them lightly too… TCU came in looking like a team just extremely happy to be in that championship game and Georgia showed up focused and ready to win and just destroyed them.. its why experience in championship games matters a little… you cant live in the last game or overlook teams
Big ten teams choke in big games. I almost didn't watch the penn state game, I just knew Clifford would boil my blood and lose that game. But, it didn't happen that way and I was shocked

They were also better coached. The coaching staff saw the openings given them and exploited them.

Amazing you recognized that, the lack the Steelers coaching shows would make it hard to conceive…..

Salute the nation

I agree with this and i also think TCU players pushed too hard. They were biting on everything and overrunning, just not following assignments. It was like a whole defense of Devin Bush's.